GSP would be lightweight sized in today’s world

GSP was the perfect sized WW back then and would be the same. Just the right mass, strength, speed for WW.
Yup.

it seems some are shocked that the GOAT WW would also be the ideal sized WW.

Gsp has significantly more muscle than khabib. If khabib got as lean as Georges he'd probably be 20 pounds lighter than gsp.

Cerrone is way smaller too.

Gsp was not a small welterweight at all. People like to compare Georges fight night weight, when hes at his meanest, to other fighters at their heaviest outside of camo.

If you want an accurate comparison compare him with others fight night weights. He weighs about as much as usman claims he does, who no one thinks is a small welterweight.

Gsp was a solid ww by any mma time frame.
He’s way bigger than khabib.

The picture has weird contrast and not their actual physique.

Probably true. Funny thing is during GSP’s prime, a lot of people were saying he was a huge welterweight..

He was. He’s a big ww. Look at the dudes legs.
He’s an all around big guy for 170.

Nothing wrong with that.
170 was perfect for him.

First off Firas never said that. That is a lie that is repeated on this forum often though. GSP was 189lbs versus Shields via his video logs right up to fight morning.

This is according to Firas himself. It's up to you if you wanna believe the quote straight from his mouth. Either way you are splitting hairs here by stating he was 189 vs 193.

"Georges has been getting better at cutting weight. He’s walking around at 194 (pounds). There was a time when he used to walk around at 180 to make 170. He cuts weight so easily we added more muscle ... Now he’s on a protein and vegetable diet. Right now his exercise is significantly cut, but he’s going to shed water. It’s only temporary weight loss. It’s not real weight loss. You’re not dropping fat. (The final weight-cut) lasts about six days . . . By Friday he’ll have six or seven pounds left and we’ll put him in the sauna. I don’t recommend this to anybody, even professional athletes. This is somebody who’s very seasoned. As soon as the weigh-in is done (Friday afternoon) we’ll give him a recovery drink. We’ll even give him Prime (a workout supplement by Gatorade, which sponsors St-Pierre) because he needs the carbohydrates that much more . . . he’ll enter the ring at 192 or 193 pounds."

Firas Zahabi tells The Star that reigning UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre is "very seasoned" when it comes to the art of the weight cut, shedding nearly 25-pounds for the weigh ins to make his his welterweight limit. Will that extra size give him a significant advantage over Jake Shields in their UFC 129 title fight on April 30 in Toronto?
GSp is a good sized WW but not a giant for the division at all.

Second GSP was not over 188/9 for both Alves and Hendricks. GSP mentioned after the Alves fight that it was is first fight at WW he felt small.

You aren't listening to what I am saying here. I said Alves and Hendricks were claiming they were 200+ lbs in those fights and a bunch of GSP fans were saying GSP were smaller than them. I simply disagree. Visually GSP looked just as big in both those fights. If Alves and Hendricks are considered ^big^ WW's than GSP sure as hell isn't a small or medium size WW.

Here he is with a LW you might know...
maxresdefault.jpg

And here he is with a dude who fought at FW and LW and as a small WW...
Conor-McGregor-GSP-931127.jpg

GSP is bigger than both but not so much that they look out of place fighting. GSP would have a bigger back and be thicker thru the core and really that is it. Not the type of things people say makes for an unfair advantage.

Of course you would pick a picture where both guys have their shirts on. I gave you a picture of Khabib with his shirt off. I didn't provide a picture of GSP because we already know how huge he is with his shirt off. Go back and look how huge GSP legs are compared to Khabib. You are blind as fuk man, srs lol.

Height does not equal lean mass. GSP was bigger than both Conor Mcgregor and Khabib in lean mass at the peak of his career. I can't believe you are arguing against this. I honestly thought you were above this bs. I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
Back