GSP would be lightweight sized in today’s world

Khabib is definitely not as muscular as GSP

GSPs legs and back carry much more mass. Which just makes it all the more impressive how dominant Khabib is grappling despite not being a physical freak.

But make no mistake about it. If they locked up today, GSP would out wrestle and dominate Khabib, despite GSP being past his prime

GSP also just has a slightly bigger/better frame for carrying mass. Someone post his pre USADA pic of him begging for a title shot....not implying anything but woahfuck was he YOLKED back then

You're a retard.

Khabib's walkaround weight is close to 190.

In the cage he's probably about 180.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/mma/khabib-nurmagomedov-weight-ufc219-144262

Try doing research before pulling numbers out of your ass. Even Khabib's father told on the Ariel show that Khabib weighed 188 at the start of his training camp.
Oh the irony.

Nurmagomedov addressed that article, on the same exact website:
I weighed this morning, 15 lbs (left to cut). 14 days or two weeks to weigh-in, I think it’s good. Seven kilograms, not bad.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/khabib-nurmagomedov-weight-rumour-144851

And citing walk around weight or what someone weighed at the start of a fight camp isn't evidence of what they weigh in the cage.

giphy.gif

Georges was just fine at Welterweight. Not huge but not small either.

When you look closely you do notice that Khabib is pretty big LW. He is 5'10 and he wrestled a bear as a child.

Georges never looked like total shit at weigh ins for 170.00. But he did look pretty drained. Another 15 pounds is asking alot.

Only with his new diet trend would GSP LW be possible.

Oh the irony.

And citing walk around weight or what someone weighed at the start of a fight camp isn't evidence of what they weigh in the cage.

giphy.gif
It was also mentionned in that same exact article that he was lighter than usual for that fight.

A fighter's weight outside of training camp shows how big someone naturally is when he isn't trying to cut weight. So it's a more accurate representation of someone's true size.

Outside of camp Khabib is around 188.

Your original post stated "Nurmagomedov is 166-170 lbs at Lightweight" which couldn't be farther from the truth. Even in the cage he weighs a lot more than that.

It was also mentionned in that same exact article that he was lighter than usual for that fight.
And Weidman was heavier in the cage before USADA/IV-Ban, so should we continue citing his previous weight as if it's still relevant?

A fighter's weight outside of training camp
Is irrelevant.

Outside of camp Khabib is around 188.
Still irrelevant.

Your original post stated "Nurmagomedov is 166-170 lbs at Lightweight" which couldn't be farther from the truth. Even in the cage he weighs a lot more than that.
"at Lightweight" means I'm not talking about walk around weight.

I already gave you a source (Nurmagomedov) for him being 170 lbs, two weeks out (long before he'd be cutting any water or carbs), and you're alleging he was heavier in the cage in spite of giving no source.

What's really going on is, you went into this discussion thinking you were right and I was simply a "retard". You cited a weight, which I then corrected (from the same source), and now because you're embarrassed you're trying to move the goal post by making it about walk around weight.

And since you're so keen on ignoring sources that don't agree with you, just look at Nurmagomedov himself:

171 lb Conor McGregor (broader shoulders, thicker arms and legs, similar waist/torso)
hi-res-8d47048a7cc374cb75918dfb2c6b70f6_crop_north.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000439881352-e1546336205562.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000439889063-e1539334650536.jpg

And Weidman was heavier in the cage before USADA/IV-Ban, so should we continue citing his previous weight as if it's still relevant?

Is irrelevant.

Still irrelevant.

"at Lightweight" means I'm not talking about walk around weight.

I already gave you a source (Nurmagomedov) for him being 170 lbs, two weeks out (long before he'd be cutting any water or carbs), and you're alleging he was heavier in the cage in spite of giving no source.

What's really going on is, you went into this discussion thinking you were right and I was simply a "retard". You cited a weight, which I then corrected (from the same source), and now because you're embarrassed you're trying to move the goal post by making it about walk around weight.

And since you're so keen on ignoring sources that don't agree with you, just look at Nurmagomedov himself:

171 lb Conor McGregor (broader shoulders, thicker arms and legs, similar waist/torso)
hi-res-8d47048a7cc374cb75918dfb2c6b70f6_crop_north.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000439881352-e1546336205562.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000439889063-e1539334650536.jpg
Who cares what he weighs leading up to a fight. That's not representative of his true size.

You haven't posted any sources of what he actually weighs in the cage, which I have. His own team have said he weighs in the low 180s.

Saying Khabib is a 166-170 LW. One can only assume that what you meant is what he weighs outside the cage. Not 1 week leading into a fight.

And you just outted yourself with pictures of Conor/Khabib to back your argument. What a joke lol.

GSP is thick for a WW.. his legs are massive. He was the proper size for the weight class.

low to mid 190's on fight night imo.

georges-st-pierre-during-ufc-100-at-the-mandalay-bay-events-center-HAHJ2G.jpg

Who cares what he weighs leading up to a fight. That's not representative of his true size.

You haven't posted any sources of what he actually weighs in the cage, which I have. His own team have said he weighs in the low 180s.

Saying Khabib is a 166-170 LW. One can only assume that what you meant is what he weighs outside the cage. Not 1 week leading into a fight.

And you just outted yourself with pictures of Conor/Khabib to back your argument. What a joke lol.
True size? So does that mean Johnny Hendricks is a "true" heavyweight? You have no clue what you're talking about. Just sit down before you embarrass yourself further.

Does that mean Tony Ferguson is a Middleweight?

Except Thomson was citing Nurmagomedov's cage weight pre-hospitalization, which is extremely significant.

You're also conveniently ignoring the tweet in your source:

Thomson's account of what Nurmagomedov weighs is contradicting, and that's because Thomson (in your source) is citing weights that are outdated.

Because I've already corrected you multiple times, and I don't enjoy repeating myself, but at this point it wouldn't really matter what I said because your ego will never allow you to admit to being wrong.

Except Thomson was citing Nurmagomedov's cage weight pre-hospitalization, which is extremely significant.

Thomson's account of what Nurmagomedov weighs is contradicting, and that's because Thomson (in your source) is citing weights that are outdated.

Because I've already corrected you multiple times, and I don't enjoy repeating myself, but at this point it wouldn't really matter what I said because your ego will never allow you to admit to being wrong.

In the 170's could also mean 179 so 9 pounds lighter then they were used too with the bone head way of cutting weight that lead to his body failure.

Khabib is a solid LW mid to high 170's on fight night be sure of that and this is him under diet and heavy training normally he should be mid 180's in his day to day activities.

{<jordan}

Perhaps that was his weight pre-hospitalization, but two weeks out from the Barboza fight he was only 170 lbs, and one week out from the McGregor fight he was 166 lbs.

Zero carb diet most likely. Im pretty darn sure hes much heavier than 170 in the cage. Still smaller than GSP though.

Does that mean Tony Ferguson is a Middleweight?

How is it outdated? He said that's what he usually weighs. Do you know what "Usually" means?

Usually is more accurate than what he weighed for one fight in particular.

Again, what does it matter what he weighs 1 week leading into a fight? How is that an indicator of anything at all?

The only thing that's important to know is that he fights at 155 and his walk around weight is around 188.

What he weighs at different stages of his weight cut is completely irrelavent so i'm confused at what exactly the point is you're trying to make.

Oh the irony.

giphy.gif

That quote pretty much confirms my claim. He was already cutting weight 2 weeks prior to the fight. Low carb diet 4-5 weeks before the fight is the best way to cut.

I don't think he'd be undersized as a WW today by any stretch. The LWs of MMA today are just the biggest they've ever been.

Back