GSP will retire tomorrow the GREATEST OF ALL TIME

Alot of salt in this thread. No one will ever agree on one goat, theres millions of MMA opinions. But it is a fact most people think GSP is goat. Hes literally a long reigning UFC champion whos only lost twice and avenged both his losses. Hes also the most well rounded and smartest fighter in MMA.

Goodbye GOAT!
Nice,

NO...
he will be NO 2

GOAT Is STILL.....FEDOR EMELIANENKO
Love Fedor but no... :) His loses also count. But his fans will say that whenever he lost, he wasn't in his prime so it doesn't count at all, which is ridiculous. He wasn't that old when he started losing. Can't blame everything on being out of prime. GSP was out of his prime when fought Bisping and still beat his ass.

I have to laugh at people still saying Jones. In any other sport, if you're caught using PEDs you lose your status like the cheater you are. In MMA, for some reason we still look at steroid cheats in a positive light, I have no idea why. But enough about Jones...

GSP
- 2 division champion
- 9 title defences
- avenged ALL his losses in brutal fashion, Lennox Lewis style
- never failed a drug test
- never disgraced/shamed the sport with scumbag behaviour in our out of the cage
-truly embodied the "martial arts" spirit.
-always carried himself with class, never felt the need to play a cheesy character or put on an act.

That, my friends, is TRUE Goat material.
what about the time he paid a man to kiss bj penn? or the time he greased?

he only fought the old school one dimensional style fighters , and never got tested against the new breed , e.g. Wonderboy, Woodley, etc. The only one to ever do that has been JJ, DC, and Woodley. As far as DC's 2 lone losses and JJ drug failures go, I don't see either as the GOAT. I think Tyrone is fighting for that rn if he can retire as champ then he will cement his case. I think overall Tyrone's accolades put him above the rest, but if you want to pick and choose goats via weight class then thats another story

Armbared by Hughes.
Knocked out by a WW midget.
Greased vs BJ in the 1st fight.
Lost to Hendricks then retired after dodging enhanced testing.

Lance Armstrong of MMA.

n6x3pt.png

^ this. In my book ... never avenged the Hendricks lost.
Plus lol at bring up Jones PEDs to defend GSP. Tuck his tail and ran when testing got real.

Last edited:
* caliber of gsp opponents lower than today's welterweights (confirmed by woodley)
* gsp accusing others who have never popped of being on PEDs despite having an suspicious physique himself and being extremely knowledgable about PEDs.
* boring fight style
* beating up smaller opponents
* ducking anderson
* tapping to strikes
* getting ass beat by Hendricks then running away from MMA and the next generation of welterweights AND enhanced testing
* cherry picking Michael bisping and acting like it was a monumental feat
* Running back into hiding to preserve his record
* ducking Woodley
Agreed

Armbared by Hughes.

Lance Armstrong of MMA.

n6x3pt.png

How’s post USADA Johnny been doing ?

What's funny about all of this is that even in retirement GSP is peak professionalism.

Think about it? Who else in MMA has done a press conference for their retirement? Normally you wind up face down on the mat and call it a day.

Once the dust settles, we'll be back to jogging pants and flip flops at the pressers in no time.

I have to laugh at people still saying Jones. In any other sport, if you're caught using PEDs you lose your status like the cheater you are. In MMA, for some reason we still look at steroid cheats in a positive light, I have no idea why. But enough about Jones...

GSP
- 2 division champion
- 9 title defences
- avenged ALL his losses in brutal fashion, Lennox Lewis style
- never failed a drug test
- never disgraced/shamed the sport with scumbag behaviour in our out of the cage
-truly embodied the "martial arts" spirit.
-always carried himself with class, never felt the need to play a cheesy character or put on an act.

That, my friends, is TRUE Goat material.
- Knows that MMA is like the stock market.

Countdown until Dana makes a twitter post that says GSP retired because he doesn't have the will to fight. 3... 2...

Estimate the number of days after that GSP does an interview where he explains that he retired because the UFC refused to pay him what he wanted.... 1 week.

It's obvious to all the typical games keeping GSP from fighting.

Keep that bum away from the here. Hes literally a cancer to the sport. Look at all the sheep he still has convinced to this day that he's a good fighter.

I think between GSP, Anderson & Fedor the number 1 spot is very interchangeable. GSP will always receive heat for running away from his biggest challenger (Hendricks) and avoiding the division when things started getting interesting. Fedor & Anderson have more embarrassing losses on their records but tested themselves more in multiple divisions/larger opposition.

If Jones hadn't been a multiple time drug cheat, he would be number 1 no doubt.

Armbared by Hughes.

Lance Armstrong of MMA.

n6x3pt.png

You're a moron.

I think between GSP, Anderson & Fedor the number 1 spot is very interchangeable. GSP will always receive heat for running away from his biggest challenger (Hendricks) and avoiding the division when things started getting interesting. Fedor & Anderson have more embarrassing losses on their records but tested themselves more in multiple divisions/larger opposition.

If Jones hadn't been a multiple time drug cheat, he would be number 1 no doubt.

Lol at excluding Jones for being a cheat but leaving Anderson in the conversation.

Avenged all his losses....so what other fighters were ever given a chance to avenge all their losses?

yes GSP is the greatest fighter we have seen so far.. what is the retirement part about ? is he supposed to?

Back