gsp weaknesses.

You are an idiot. Ifou y could read you would know that i post slightly fading chin and pointed to it as a possible weakness which is my onw OPINION. I have been watching mma a long time champ.have you seen gsp actually eat a shot and not go down?

convenient that you avoided my whole post. And apparently you haven't been watching all that long, "champ", otherwise you'd know that Penn lit him up more than once in their first fight, and Karo landed a decent shot in GSP's UFC debut.

Yes. Every shot thathits him where he hasn't gone done. All hundreds of them. Except 2.

He hasnt eaten any shots. Strikes landed on gsp are very few. But noone lands a clean shot he is too fast and technical. Watch his fights a
nd come back later

That's probably why he is a world champion in MIXED martial arts. The very idea of mixing martial arts is to be well rounded. GSP is very well rounded and the key to his success has always been his ability to keep an opponent guessing where the attack is coming from; mixing it up.

The thought occurs that one cannot do this without being well rounded...:icon_conf

Brock lesnar? Such a well rounded ufc champion he was lol.

The guys said not as well rounded a people think not that gsp isnt well rounded

look at his face after most fights it's beat up thats not from sewing! Watch bj 1. oh you prob think they only fought once!

An undersized bj landed a few in their first. At that div he doesnt hav ko power though. Anyway cuts an marks are also caused by grazes (mostly grazes and elbows) i also recall plenty of fights where gsp left looking unblemished..

Oh wow mad insult bro

convenient that you avoided my whole post. And apparently you haven't been watching all that long, "champ", otherwise you'd know that Penn lit him up more than once in their first fight, and Karo landed a decent shot in GSP's UFC debut.

I am glad the undersized fighter and th shit striker landed a few times maybe 7 years ago. But i said fading chin. Do you know what fading means? Champ.

I am glad the undersized fighter and th shit striker landed a few times maybe 7 years ago. But i said fading chin. Do you know what fading means? Champ.

yet you cite questionable submission skills, and the only time he's looked SUSCEPTIBLE, was his eighth fight... you know, like 9 years ago?

contradict yourself much?

Seriously dude, stay out of dad's liquor cabinet. It's causing you to type some really ignorant comments. I shut you down, deal with it.

sleep off the two shots of vodka and try thinking straight in the morning, champ.

yet you cite questionable submission skills, and the only time he's looked SUSCEPTIBLE, was his eighth fight... you know, like 9 years ago?

contradict yourself much?

Seriously dude, stay out of dad's liquor cabinet. It's causing you to type some really ignorant comments. I shut you down, deal with it.

sleep off the two shots of vodka and try thinking straight in the morning, champ.

Haha i was talking about his bjj in his last fight and wait every fight. I havent mentioned th hughes fight once. Deal with the fact that he isnt the greatest bjj guy ever or in the ufc or in the division. Haha shut me down?!? Dont think so champ. If maia can sub gonzaga an accomplished bjj practitioner at hw.. How much trouble will gsp give him should the fight hit the ground?

The point being - he isn't as "well rounded" as people think. His greatness comes from his takedowns (and top control to a lesser degree). In a strictly MT or BJJ match he would lose to a lot of WWs he is thought of as better than in those specific areas.

Was this not obvious? That's literally how this sport works. How the hell does one MMA fighter have the time to be "one of the best" in every facet of the sport. GSP would probably lose in a strict wrestling match to a lot of guys in the division as well given the rulesets.

Every current champion would likely lose to a number of martial artists at the top of each discipline. There are only a handful of MMA guys who competed at the absolute top of their field, and even fewer who have won. Guess what? No one who has medaled at the Olympics or is one of the champions in their various sports is currently a champion in any UFC division (outside of Rousey).

Haha i was talking about his bjj in his last fight and wait every fight. I havent mentioned th hughes fight once. Deal with the fact that he isnt the greatest bjj guy ever or in the ufc or in the division. Haha shut me down?!? Dont think so champ. If maia can sub gonzaga an accomplished bjj practitioner at hw.. How much trouble will gsp give him should the fight hit the ground?

hey, uh, you realize that submission grappling doesn't include punches to the face, right?

You can laugh all you want, but you yourself even knows I shut your shit down, quick like. You have no argument, you have an "opinion" which looks to be little more than thinly veiled hate.

You got roasted on my first response dude. Just accept it.

BTW, your reference to "fading" is an indirect allusion to the PAST and the EFFECTS of the past (chin, grappling, wrestling, whatever category you choose to isolate), like, when Hughes caught him... about a decade ago in a submission, an area you flat out mentioned as a question mark...

can you comprehend where I'm going, and where you fell off?

Yes cuz they pass guards in wrestling all the time. Bwahaha HAHAHAHA

Weidman vs Maia. Lol.

Getting dropped twice in your last ten or so fights mean your chin is fading, especially when both shots never hit your chin.

Agree.
The whip effect thing is different when it's On your chin to when it's on the top of your head area.

frabz-COOL-STORY-BRO-TELL-IT-AGAIN-da4989.jpg

Being average in an area is different from having an actual 'weakness'

Silva's lack of wrestling is an actual weakness
GSP's subpar submission game really isn't a weakness.

I don't think GSP has a 'weakness' in the sense that most people would use the word, but his chin has not been proven to be elite in the way that his takedowns, top control and 'jab sandwich strategy' have been. It's been tested by a couple of major shots, as a result of which he has been knocked down twice, the most recently of which he survived. I don't think that shows a fading chin at all, but it does suggest that in order to beat GSP, your best bet is to keep him standing and hit him with a big shot.

Put it this way, I don't think GSP could survive a sustained beating in the way that Silva (who is the only opponent he's likely to face that I would favour against him) or indeed some of GSPs previous opponents could, for example. He doesn't have a weak chin, just not an elite one.

People who think gsp has great bjj are ridiculous.

Wow!! He can pass a few guys guards using the exact same pass everytime and he can stay on top punching and controlling but offering no submissions or attempted subs yeah thid isnt considered wrestling its definately amazing bjj.

You haven't watched much high level grappling, have you?

Lots of stalemates where it turns into positional grappling. Passing someone's guard or reversing can pretty much end a match.

Back