GSP was "unmotivated" against Hendricks

Oh, he's awesome. I fucking love that guy and wish he still fought.
Hendricks pieced him up 3 out of the 5 rounds though
Hendricks pieced him up in round 2 and then GSP tripped over Hendricks foot in a wild exchange in the 4th where Hendricks jumped on the 100% fluke trip that he wasn't going for but we will give him this fluke round.

Nobody got beat in the 1st round and anyone saying GSP lost the round are basing this off of Hendricks throwing elbows while he on defense lol.

3-2 either way fight was s toss up, GSP clearly wins had the bullshit trip not happened in the 4th, Hendricks was clearly gassed after the second and GSP easily won 3 and 5.

And the last training camp I had with (Johny) Hendricks, I didn’t have the same motivation. It went down, and I need to get back to that feeling of hunger.

“I need to get the motivation back. It’s hard, because it’s always the same routine, the same thing.

I like GSP, and I'm one of those who think his fights are entertaining (I learn something about timing and takedowns from each one, rewatching them and analyzing what he does to try to pass it on to the guys I coach).

And still I think that's a lousy excuse, and on top of it a really stupid thing to say in public even if true. Making excuses, even good excuses (and that one sucks), is never a good idea. Especially for elite athletes (or top level surgeons or in fact anyone who is paid to perform at a high level).

The fight was very close; I think he lost a razor thin first round, but he got the decision (same as Jones getting the nod over Gus, or Hendricks over Lawlor, maybe just ties go to the champ). He'd do better to just let it be than make excuses.

Excuses for what? Winning his last fight and saying that he didn't want to do this anymore? He's not saying motivation lost him the fight, got him KOd or anything. You do realize that people can have multiple interests in life and that sometimes priorities change? Even the funnest things become boring after 10+ years. Saying he didn't have motivation to fight the Hendricks fight isn't the same as him saying "the idea of fighting Hendricks was uninteresting. I wish I could be fighting somebody else". That's not what he's saying. He lost motivation for fighting so it didn't matter who it was so stop taking it as an insult to Hendricks.

Excuses for what? Winning his last fight and saying that he didn't want to do this anymore? He's not saying motivation lost him the fight, got him KOd or anything. You do realize that people can have multiple interests in life and that sometimes priorities change? Even the funnest things become boring after 10+ years. Saying he didn't have motivation to fight the Hendricks fight isn't the same as him saying "the idea of fighting Hendricks was uninteresting. I wish I could be fighting somebody else". That's not what he's saying. He lost motivation for fighting so it didn't matter who it was so stop taking it as an insult to Hendricks.
Great post man, people just like to see every thing as a negative just so they can,discredit someone.

That guy keeps makin' excuses for winning the fight.

He should be ashamed of himself.

Excuses for the fight being controversially close. Jones has done the same sort of thing wrt Gus. And Hendricks with Lawlor (and with GSP actually - remember 70%?).

I can believe GSP you can tell he lost his hunger after a while and wasnt even close to 100% against Hendricks

Back