Gsp was sick, exhausted and vomited all night before Diaz fight. Michael Jordan-esque performance

No, he doesn't. When he is in camp he is 185-187. He went up to 194 ONCE for a fight camp vs Shields and he can't fight that big.

When he fought Alves.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/georges-st...s-to-face-anderson-silva-its-a-permanent-move

When he fought Condit.

http://theprovince.com/sports/mma/georges-st-pierre-future-lightweight

You are quite simply off on his weight. The only time he was bigger was Shields. He only hit 190 in the cage, he wanted to be 194. He has been in the 180s EVERY fight otherwise.

So you believe everything GSP says as gospel? 185 to 187 in camp is big imo. When I say walk around weight I mean weight when he's not in camp. Not preparing for a fight. Just in the gym like regular. Not "in camp" that's different. I'm saying right now we weigh GSP. He's not in a camp I don't believe. I guarentee if I put a scale under him right now he would weigh 190+ I would put money on it. In the middle of training camp he's working out HARD. Dieting hard. Etc. Of course he will be lighter.

I clearly said walk around weight. Not "in camp" weight.

That explains why he got lit up on his feet and decided to try and impregnate him instead. Makes perfect sense now
Sig. Strikes
GSP- 105
Diaz- 41

Total Strikes
GSP- 210
Diaz- 80

At Distance
GSP- 62
Diaz- 24

What fight were you watching?

So you believe everything GSP says as gospel? 185 to 187 in camp is big imo
You can think that, but it's not. He's the ONLY WW who is not 190+ in camp. The only one. As in there are no top WW's who are in the 180s except him. LW's are just a little bit less than he is. That is after he "added weight" as well.

20 of his 27 fights he was about 180 or less.
21 of his 27 fights he was 184 or less.
26 of his 27 fights he was less than 190.

He was small, less than average among the elite.

Gsp's coach: (and probably kenflo)
"The best laid plans of mice and men: As a coach one of the main aspects of my job is to conceive plans of action that raise the likelihood of an athlete winning an event. Yet despite our best intentions, there is always a good chance of things going awry that require spontaneous change and adaption in the face of unexpected circumstances. All the major MMA fight camps I have been a part of furnished unforeseen incidents and drama that could not have been predicted and which had to be overcome. Probably the most flawless and well run fight camp I ever saw was that of Georges St-Pierre in preparation for Nick Diaz (Interestingly, his prior fight camp with Carlos Condit was probably the worst). We had an excellent game plan, the physical preparation was excellent, superb choice of sparring partners, all match contingencies covered, no injuries, no backstage drama, perfect weight cut - everything was perfect - until the very night before the fight when Georges drank some watermelon juice for rehydration that had been too long out of the fridge and got a badly upset stomach. He spent the entire night vomiting. It was so sad to see such a perfect camp get ruined at the last minute by such a minor oversight. The night of the fight, Mr St-Pierre came in underweight and drained. We had to curtail the warm up for fear of exhausting him before the bout even began. There was some drama with Mr Diaz's camp insisting that both sides have their hand wraps double checked. This was done, but we did not want them to see how bad Mr St-Pierre looked, so he had to put on an act of confidence and vigor when they came in the dressing room. In the end, Mr St-Pierre showed why he was a great champion that night, putting on a dominant shut-out performance to win a unanimous decision - no one in the audience would have guessed how serious a problem he had to overcome. He used a system of pacing the rounds and timing the takedowns and allowing standing escapes to maintain the pace of the fight whilst controlling the action but at the same time, not exhausting himself. It worked brilliantly and the problem was overcome. This kind of adaptation is crucial in fight preparation at all levels"

True goat after being basically a shell of himself going into the fight and still 50-33'd Diaz.

True goat of all goats.

giphy.gif
Wow that is one of the p4p most horse shit stories I have ever heard. Come on GSP, you're better than that.

gsp had to do with he had to do but that fight was so boring

You can think that, but it's not. He's the ONLY WW who is not 190+ in camp. The only one. As in there are no top WW's who are in the 180s except him. LW's are just a little bit less than he is. That is after he "added weight" as well.

20 of his 27 fights he was about 180 or less.
21 of his 27 fights he was 184 or less.
26 of his 27 fights he was less than 190.

He was small, less than average among the elite.
I-dont-believe-you.gif

I just don't believe that. I'm not knocking him for being a big WW. But he is a big WW!!! Just look at him! Is he the biggest WW? No. I'd probably say Brandon Thatch is the biggest. Or one of the biggest. Maybe just maybe I could even say he's an averaged sized WW. But u saying he's an undersized WW. Give me a break with your nut hugging fan boyism

iBo7xavPOn4xp.gif

Man that knockdown would make Ernesto Hoost jelly. Haters gonna hate on GSP but he wasn't LnP.

Wow, had never heard this before. It makes sense now why diaz was able to stuff some of GSPs shots when he has easily taken down guys with much better tdd. Incredible performance though in retrospect

Nick Diaz hasn't had a good performance since fighting BJ Penn, 30 years ago, but fans of his act like he brings it constantly.

Sig. Strikes
GSP- 105
Diaz- 41

Total Strikes
GSP- 210
Diaz- 80

At Distance
GSP- 62
Diaz- 24

What fight were you watching?
shit
looks like Georges was doing a lot of laying a praying when you look at those numbers!

Nick Diaz hasn't had a good performance since fighting BJ Penn, 30 years ago, but fans of his act like he brings it constantly.
Strikeforce Diaz was exciting. UFC Diaz not so much.

Georges drank some watermelon juice for rehydration that had been too long out of the fridge

Hold on, wait a minute. I was at that fight. It was the week of my 20th birthday, and while I might've had a couple drinks that week in celebration, I do still recall that it was cold still, as it so often is in Canada in March. In fact I specifically remember it was cold still because I used my winter jacket, which I wore to the arena for the fights, to sneak in king sized cans of beer bought at the gas station a block away from the Bell Centre.

So GSP's watermelon juice would've had to have sat out for a really long time, or GSP's apartment would've had to have been jacked up really hot, because winter was still partially gripping Montreal during the Diaz fight. How'd his juice go bad?

For sure. Tons of classics. He actually cared back then.

In Strikeforce Nick was fighting guys who couldn't win fights in Strikeforce.

Every Championship fight he had was against someone who had a losing record in Strikeforce, guys who could never even get to the UFC.

Easy to be the big dog in the B League when you're fighting C league opponents.

Back