GSP vs Woodley is the fight to make next

As a fan of GSP i dont wanna see this fight

As a fan of Woodley, i wouldnt mind it, but would prefer to see him murder Colby first

GSP would outwork Woodley and probably finish him in the championship rounds.

If I were GSP, I would retire, but if not then I would definetley want to be the only person to hold a title in 3 different weight classes. Who else can do that?

With that said, I really wish he would have defended his belt at 185 just once. That would have been awesome.

One last thing.. Why doesn't Woodley do the fight with Anderson Silva if he wants a superfight?

It's the most interesting fight we could ask for at Welterweight right now, no doubt, but it's not the right choice for GSP if they're willing to give him a shot at the winner of Khabib vs Conor. That's just a fact, there's a lot more money and a lot more prestige in the attempt to win a championship in three different weight classes against either the most famous UFC fighter of all times or the guy with the most impressive undefeated record in MMA history than defending his spot as the greatest welterweight of all times yet again. Basically the same thing as last year when it was the better choice to move up an beat the middleweight champion after a 4 year hiatus, this time arguably even more so. Would I love to see him fight Woodley, too? Absolutely. Definitely one of the biggest challenges of GSP's career if it were to happen. But as long as the UFC is down with it, the lightweight championship bout needs to be his priority. We never got the superfight with prime Anderson (which to this day probably would've been the biggest MMA superfight ever), let's at least make sure we'll get to enjoy this one.

It's a true shame that Rory MacDonald left for Bellator, a rematch between him and Woodley would be an amazing fight to make right now and would be just what is needed to fill the gap between a GSP move to lightweight and a fight against Woodley. Also to get some life back into the division, the finish victory over Darren Till was a good start to recover from the pretty boring period we've had ever since T-Wood got that great KO win over Lawler (not counting round 4 vs Wonderboy, that one was awesome as well). Instead we'll probably get an obnoxious program with Covington and a fairly easy win for Tyron. And quite frankly there aren't any other good options out there. He beat Till, he beat Wonderboy, RDA just lost decisively, Lawler isn't all too impressive lately, Condit and Cerrone are done...without a GSP return to welterweight we're on the verge of a clean out and might have to hope for Khabib moving up should he beat Conor and possibly Ferguson afterwards.

it not a shame rory left. he was offered more money and he didn't sell well also rory has to always deal with gsp shadow.

rory was never becoming champ in ufc any way.

getting demolished by woodley with ease prob isn't so good for his legacy

GSP is too big for wood plain and simple. I'm sure he isn't scared, he just gets motivated by certain fights/obstacles.

GSP is smart.

He will wait for Woodley vs Colby to measure if he can beat the winner.

And for Pettis/ Tony vs Khabib/Conor

edgar and max if they both win their next fight

GSP-Woodley and Jones-Cormier at any weight

GSP is smart.

He will wait for Woodley vs Colby to measure if he can beat the winner.

And for Pettis/ Tony vs Khabib/Conor

so gsp needs to watch more of Woodley to see that he cant beat him?

GSP's living in your head rent free.

why? its a bad matchup.

would like to see GSP vs Anderson still...

an Woodley should defend agaisnt Colby
Woodley beats the shit out of Colby, GSP will never fight Anderson, and how is it a bad matchup? GSP vs Woodley would prob be one of the most interesting match ups in UFC history.

Why would anyone want it? GSP has no interest in defending the belt anymore. If he wins, the belt gets vacated again fucking the division. If he loses, it only tarnishes the legacy of a legend.
Same risk as Khabib/Conor winner at LW....

Another title and absolute proof hes the WW goat. Duh.

He already has absolute proof he is the ww goat, duh.

All that's left is pay days and conor fights pay out the most so onward to smash connie

What are the PPV numbers from 228? If he's not a draw, then he's not a draw. Stock market stuff bro

Yeah good luck gettting gsp in there vs legit competition. Last time that happen n ran away from the sport n stay inactive for 4 years coming up with excuses left n right.

He just wants to take easy money fights

Back