GSP vs Whittaker—how would it have went?

A lot of people discounting GSP and his ability to work a gameplan to a boring decision.

Whittaker would give him a hell of a fight but GSP and his coaches are the masters at finding a way to get a win. There's almost no chance GSP finishes Whittaker, but at least a decent chance he gets the decision W.

Think of Serra vs gsp 1, only 10 times worse

if whittaker can shutdown yoel takedown/wrestling then he can definitely do it to gsp.
on feet whittaker would obviously destroy gsp prime or not. hes just a much better fighter than gsp ever was
He literally has 4 losses at WW to say relative to their careers that hes "just a much better fighter" then GSP absoloutly ridiculous

you mean it would look exactly like how hendricks rearrange gsp face?and lets not forget that current whittaker is way better than pre usada hendricks
233_Georges_St-Pierre_vs_Johny_Hendricks.1384683100.jpg

hendricks-stpierre-1.jpg

216_Georges_St-Pierre_vs_Johny_Hendricks.1384683088.jpg
That hendricks would probably Ko any version of whittaker.

GSP beats him standing and on the mat. RNCs Whittaker dead inside 3 rounds.

I think gsp takes robert down and does his gsp thing. 49-46 gsp would be my guess.

I love gsp. Goat.. but there's a reason he didn't take that fight .

Micheal Bisping was able to escape out from the bottom of GSP. Whittaker was able to escape and stop a few takedowns from Yoel. Johnny Hendricks was able to stop/neutralize/escape and even took GSP down during the fight.

The fight would likely be a stand up war and my money would be on Whittaker. Whittaker manage to take those bombs from Yoel. The guy has a chin and he has good recovery. There's no way in hell GSP hits harder than Yoel. Whittaker and GSP are both technically sound in the stand up department. Whittaker has better power and a chin tho.

Even though I have GSP as GOAT, it's probably better that he skipped out on that one.

It's a really dangerous, young guy in the middle of carving his legacy while GSP is closing out his and really has nothing left to prove.

I will say that since GSP Whittaker didn't go down, I thought Yoel deserved the nod in the Whittaker rematch.

Whitaker is a nightmare to take down, very fast, and a very polished striker. He is much younger than Georges. So it would have been a very difficult fight for Georges.

With that said, I think a prime conditioned Georges still takes it via smart gameplanning.

At MW, Whitaker would have the advantage. GSP would school him at 170.

If this fight went down in 2018 like it was contractually supposed to, how do you think it would have went?

I think Roberts elite TDD would keep the fight on the feet for the majority of the time. On the feet, Robert’s superior chin and boxing would have resulted in a TKO win for Bobby Knux. About 4 minutes into round 1.

How do you think it would’ve went?
I truly think gsp would have taken it. gsp will find a way to win.

50-45 GSP

Buncha noobs in this thread.

GSP beats him standing and on the mat. RNCs Whittaker dead inside 3 rounds.
Romero and Jacare couldn’t keep Whittaker down on the mat meanwhile GSP was getting sliced up and gassing out in old man Bisping’s full guard in his last fight.

This fight would’ve stayed on the feet

Back