GSP vs Usman

• Thread starter Deleted member 571517
  • Start date
Usman isn't the sort of guy you come out of retirement to fight. The current contenders in his division aren't even that psyched to fight him.

GSP would probably have a drop in PPV numbers if he fought boring Marty

Yeah cause GSP was so exiting. He was always there to put a good show, so the public would be always satisfied.

Yeah cause GSP was so exiting. He was always there to put a good show, so the public would be always satisfied.
I think the live gate and attendance numbers they did in Canada with him there kinda proves it.

Who the hell wants to watch some fighter who has had 1 fight in like 8 years take on the current WW champ? It would mean nothing if Usman beat him.

GSP has already solidified himself as the WW GOAT he doesn't need to add another WW strap to his trophy cabinet .
He would of loved to become the first 3 division champ or beat an unbeaten phenom in Khabib
This. People would give GSP props for a day, but it doesn't really do anything for his legacy. Only confirms what people already say about him.

If Usman had surpassed his title defenses already or something and people were calling him the new GOAT, then maybe it would make sense.

Right now Usman out blankets GSP. He's just too big and strong. Usman is like a wall in there.

GSP of old would give Usman all kinds of trouble.

Should be a good fight.

I mean what's the hold up? Better now or never, GSP is aging

And Khabib has 70 inch reach that is lightweight reach (the same reach as Gaethje, I think several featherweights have longer reach than Khabib and Gaethje) e.g: Conor 74, Poirier 72.

I think GSP vs Usman is a perfect matchup for each other. Has a build, reach, mass for welterweight.

GSP should stay retired, why risk it? He has nothing to prove, but, if he wants to prove something to himself..sure why not.

I mean, we all know even just in terms of wrestling, ww champ GSP>Usman. What's there to prove?

GSP vs Usman today might be tough and Usman would probably be the favorite so I'm taking Georges. Prime GSP vs current prime Usman and im going Georges all day.

I think the live gate and attendance numbers they did in Canada with him there kinda proves it.

It was mainly because he was the one successful Canadian fighter. You can't shit on Usman cause he's a point fighter when GSP was the same.

For sake. Double standard at it's best.

It was mainly because he was the one successful Canadian fighter. You can't shit on Usman cause he's a point fighter when GSP was the same.

For sake. Double standard at it's best.
Point fighter who has stoppage wins over 5 former UFC champions

But Usman hasn't solidified himself as a long-reigning champ. He hasn't been praised as unbeatable. He certainly doesn't have Khabib's skill set or Khabib's record.

Khabib had an aura of invincibility. Usman doesn't. If GSP comes back, it's to test himself against the best in the world. Right now, that's Khabib. Period. But Khabib is retired and so is GSP, so what's the point?

Should be a good fight.

I mean what's the hold up? Better now or never, GSP is aging

And Khabib has 70 inch reach that is lightweight reach (the same reach as Gaethje, I think several featherweights have longer reach than Khabib and Gaethje) e.g: Conor 74, Poirier 72.

I think GSP vs Usman is a perfect matchup for each other. Has a build, reach, mass for welterweight.

GSP is old. He should never fight again. Look at what happened to Muhammad Ali, a much better fighter than GSP, when he stayed in the game too long. Or to Chuck Liddell. Or to any number of ex-fighters with slurred speech because they stayed in the game too long.

GSP was one of the GOAT's. At age 39, with one fight in six years, he's no longer even in the top 10 (and probably not even in the top 20).

Usman via being more athletic, better cardio, more powerful and better chin

And most importantly, younger. The difference between 33 and 39 (especially 39 with one fight in six years) is huge. I can't believe anyone seriously wants to see this fight.

Back