GSP vs Nick Diaz: Who takes the stand up?

I can't watch the video but he does not have the KARATE MENTAL DISCPLINE of GSP. That is definitely different than having karate itself.

Where's Karatestylist???????

Diaz does not have karate mental discipline.

If he did, he would have shown up to that press conference.

lol whoop the f**k out of Diaz thats laughable but hey I got trolled in to this thread. I come here to get away from this in the ufc forums. Condit faught like he was scared. Diaz would back him down when his back got to the cage he dipped out, I think diaz caught him against the cage twice and both times Condit got worked over with body and head shot. The Idea you think Condit whipped him nailed the coffin for me.

You came here to "get away from this?" Get away from what, logic? You're the epitome of the heavys mentality, "OH MAN BRAH, CONDIT DIDN'T STAY IN THE POCKET AND BANG, HE DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING SMART LIKE KEEP THE CENTER OF THE RING AND KICK THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF DIAZ, WHAT A PUSSY!!!"

I mean, read what you just said... "I think diaz caught him against the cage twice and both times Condit got worked over with body and head shot"

Twice.

Twice.

In a 25 round match, Diaz was able to control Condit twice. Every other time, Condit controlled where the fight went and pecked Diaz off at distance. Go watch bumfights if you think the winner is who absorbs much blows to the head.

^ again it was closer than that... Diaz did nail condit a bunch of times not only against the cage.. But condit managed to hit n run with leg kicks altho more runnin than hittin IMO smart gameplan against Diaz but only on round 4 did Condit manage to tag him consistenly

In conclusion it was a very close fight

You came here to "get away from this?" Get away from what, logic? You're the epitome of the heavys mentality, "OH MAN BRAH, CONDIT DIDN'T STAY IN THE POCKET AND BANG, HE DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING SMART LIKE KEEP THE CENTER OF THE RING AND KICK THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF DIAZ, WHAT A PUSSY!!!"

I mean, read what you just said... "I think diaz caught him against the cage twice and both times Condit got worked over with body and head shot"

Twice.

Twice.

In a 25 round match, Diaz was able to control Condit twice. Every other time, Condit controlled where the fight went and pecked Diaz off at distance. Go watch bumfights if you think the winner is who absorbs much blows to the head.

First point: Not to escape logic, to escape fanboys arguing hypotheticals, as if thier all knowing selves can tell you the fight before it happens, arrogance in its full glory.

To your second point, yes Diaz chased Condit the whole fight poped in and out and in 5 rounds landed nothing signifigant, he fought a score card fight, he has kids and a wife to provide for so I understand.

But dont go shooting your horn off about how how Condit whipped Diaz. It was an uneventfull fight where in my opinion Diaz landed the most signifigant shots the entire fight.

The two times/"more than two but dont know many of the top of my head",Diaz was finaly able to chase him down implys that Condit ran, yes the whole five rounds.

P.S. I dont know what fight you watched but Condit didnt control the center of the octagon.

Last edited:
^ again it was closer than that... Diaz did nail condit a bunch of times not only against the cage.. But condit managed to hit n run with leg kicks altho more runnin than hittin IMO smart gameplan against Diaz but only on round 4 did Condit manage to tag him consistenly

In conclusion it was a very close fight

Objective conclusion and I agree. I had Condit winning the fight also but was dissapointed in the manner in which it was done.

There are plenty of people in here are going to agree that Condid fought a smart gameplan against a predictable striker like Diaz. Stay active and control the fight using footworks, pick Diaz off from the outside and not get suck into brawling. That alone required a lot of planning, not just simply "running". It is a gross oversimplification of what Condit was doing. Diaz may landed the most significant strikes in some part of the fight, but he wasnt the one that control the fight most of the time like Condit.

There are plenty of people in here are going to agree that Condid fought a smart gameplan against a predictable striker like Diaz. Stay active and control the fight using footworks, pick Diaz off from the outside and not get suck into brawling. That alone required a lot of planning, not just simply "running". It is a gross oversimplification of what Condit was doing. Diaz may landed the most significant strikes in some part of the fight, but he wasnt the one that control the fight most of the time like Condit.

No I didn't oversymplify Condit and Greg Jackson decided that Condit couldn't win toe to toe against Diaz. Same thing Guida did against Maynard back up untill you get to the fence duck under and circle out wash repeat, only difference was in the Guida fight the judges didnt reward him for avoiding the fight.

Also I never said it wasn't a smart game plan. I stated I understood why he fought that way, he has a family to provide for wanted to make sure he had the points on the scorecard at the end of the fight. pretty simple.

But to say Condit whipped Diaz is just not true and I belive alot of people would agree with that also.

who has outstruck Diaz? Gsp got knocked out By a lightweight. you really think GSP's jab he stick people with would slow diaz down? No, It would be along Night For GSP if he struck with Diaz. Shields kept up with GSP on the feet, come on man.

This right here.

Georges has a cute leaping left jab ( = pushing jab) and little else while on the feet. No right hand threat, really.

Maybe some kicks but not phenomenally hard ones.

Diaz isn't phased by most powershots, let alone jabs. Look at any of his previous fights and you'll see this. I don't think he's ever been knocked out, he has a really great chin. And he's no Koscheck, either.

He would/will gladly eat all the pert little leaping jabs like mini-cupcakes and counter/combo (as he normally does), then bully swarm Georges backwards with sheer volume until he shoots for a TD, which Georges WILL do, because he doesn't like to trade hands with anyone who's known somewhat for hands. Strictly stand-up (<---the topic of this thread), Diaz wins 10/10 times from what we've witnessed.

I dont think anyone around here say Condit whipped Diaz, more like Condit won the fight via exploiting Diaz's weaknesses. He stick and move while nullifying Diaz's style, which is still fighting and completely different from "circling around and not engaging" like Guida. I hate it when people go "he's avoiding the fight". HE IS IN THE FUCKING FIGHT ALREADY YOU NUMBNUTS.

I dont think anyone around here say Condit whipped Diaz, more like Condit won the fight via exploiting Diaz's weaknesses. He stick and move while nullifying Diaz's style, which is still fighting and completely different from "circling around and not engaging" like Guida. I hate it when people go "he's avoiding the fight". HE IS IN THE FUCKING FIGHT ALREADY YOU NUMBNUTS.

Yes People around here have said Condit whopped his ass lol.

To your second point he employed the same exact gameplan as Guida did, to a T. I would be suprised to find out they haven't drilled this together in the gym.

This right here.

Georges has a cute leaping left jab ( = pushing jab) and little else while on the feet. No right hand threat, really.

Maybe some kicks but not phenomenally hard ones.

Diaz isn't phased by most powershots, let alone jabs. Look at any of his previous fights and you'll see this. I don't think he's ever been knocked out, he has a really great chin. And he's no Koscheck, either.

He would/will gladly eat all the pert little leaping jabs like mini-cupcakes and counter/combo (as he normally does), then bully swarm Georges backwards with sheer volume until he shoots for a TD, which Georges WILL do, because he doesn't like to trade hands with anyone who's known somewhat for hands. Strictly stand-up (<---the topic of this thread), Diaz wins 10/10 times from what we've witnessed.

Agreed Diaz 10/10 in a stand up fight. And to top it off Hendricks takes GSP in a stand up fight, Jake Ellenberger beats GSP on the feet, so does Paul Daley. If Condit didnt have to worry about GSPs shot he'd Beat GSP on the feet, much more dynamic.

GSP broke Koscheck's orbital bone with that "cute" jab of his.

Not to mention nick diaz has a habit of blocking things with his face. Combined with the large amount of scar tissue on his mug we very well could see another half blind diaz brother with in a round or two.

Not to mention nick diaz has a habit of blocking things with his face. Combined with the large amount of scar tissue on his mug we very well could see another half blind diaz brother with in a round or two.

Probably will but I bet its from elbow in diaz's gaurd and not from GSP out striking Diaz:icon_evil

Gsp.

Diaz lacks the ring IQ and power.
GSP will lose to a guy with KO power (and Anderson Silva)

This fight will NOT go down as Nate vs Bendo (not as in who won but how it went down) because it was southpaw vs southpaw and GSP vs Nick is southpaw vs orthodox

This changes the game completely by 3 things (correct me if im wrong)

GSP main weapon the jab wont be as effective..

IF GSP tries to leg kick him to death it will be more difficult because his rear and most powerful kick lands on the inside, thus he wont fall down like nate did... just see manhoef vs lawler to see the most powerful kicker inside kicking that leg and lawler didnt fall down

and finally takedowns... SvO favors the single leg I think? which is easier to defend for a diaz, plus he has a pretty nice kimura trap from there

but still georges gonna gameplan like crazy with freddy roach so who knows what hes gonna do (wrestlefuck for 25 mins maybe??)

I think Diaz will get the better of any exchange however short they may be. As others have said GSP will prob look to take him down ASAP.
I'm interested to see if either man will incorporate the rearside knee/flying knee. Carlos Condit landed it against both Diaz and Kim, Both of whom are opposite stanced. Diaz could possibly catch GSP shooting in, Although i Can't recall him every using it.

Back