GSP vs Nick Diaz: Who takes the stand up?

gsp is the smarter striker so he would take it, but gsp is also the smarter fighter and more well rounded so he can keep the fight wherever he wants

who has outstruck Diaz? Gsp got knocked out By a lightweight. you really think GSP's jab he stick people with would slow diaz down? No, It would be along Night For GSP if he struck with Diaz. Shields kept up with GSP on the feet, come on man.

Diaz outstruck Penn, and Penn outstruck GSP in the first fight. Who outstruck whom in the second GSP vs Penn?

The application of MMAth here is disheartening. When comparing their individual abilities to each other, Diaz is a fairly flat footed, plodding boxer who overwhelms lesser rivals with high volume striking. GSP has the tools necessary to win a striking contest with Diaz as he has MORE tools in the box to throw. Much like against his brother, leg kicks will be the difference maker.

who has outstruck Diaz? Gsp got knocked out By a lightweight. you really think GSP's jab he stick people with would slow diaz down? No, It would be along Night For GSP if he struck with Diaz. Shields kept up with GSP on the feet, come on man.

Oh ok, I can do this too. Condit outsmarted Diaz on his feet, GSP outsmarted Condit on his feet. So, what's gonna happen in GSP vs Diaz?

Its gonna be interesting how GSP handles a southpaw tho, his jab wont be as effective

lol. Never bring MMath in f11. There are actual people that is training/trained in striking not just MMA fanboys.

GSP has one thing Diaz doesn't

Karate mental discipline.

Oh ok, I can do this too. Condit outsmarted Diaz on his feet, GSP outsmarted Condit on his feet. So, what's gonna happen in GSP vs Diaz?

I can play also condit Damn neer knocked GSP out, diaz walked right through evrything condit threw at him. Also I dont consider Condit pop shoting then running, out strikeing. When Condit did stay in the pocket and engage diaz got the better of the exchanges.

The GSP swingin is insane, he couldnt even outstrike a clumbsy awkward shields. lol, MMA math is whatever but it does give us a view of skill sets and how they react.GSP isn't a great striker never has been. He switchs from striking to wrestling better than anybody in the business sets up his shots very well .

Last edited:
i think nick will have success in spots against george; i have yet to see a fight where nick wasn't able to land punches on a guy, even when outboxed he hit guys an awful lot..with his volume of punches he is bound to.

i think george has the better overall skillset in both pure boxing and overall striking; but i believe nick can go longer and harder and has the better chin, so in a five round fight he will have opp to put in work... Esp since he doesn't back up or cover up when guys counter or open up on him, he fires right back; alot of guys don't and that also helps him in landing. An lets not forget the body punching...

guys w/that sort of volume and aggression and durability, always manage to put work in; even against vastly superior opposition, see ray oliveira-micky ward-margarito to name a few.

Random fact: This is the first southpaw fighter that GSP will face.

This may influence in the wrestling
I see GSP shooting in for single legs since they are easier to get on a southpaw and I think that Diaz will use that move that he used on BJ Penn to reverse the takedown, or he will most likely use his kimura trap to counter a takedown attempt.

And to the people who say that it will be just like Nate vs Benson.

Nick has never been held down and being defensive for 5 rounds, I actually could see him scrambling back to his feet now that he knows that he can't win fights from of his back

but this is all speculation so we'll see

but don't count Diaz out, he will give GSP a fight.

Well Benson couldnt held Nate down either, he was actually scrambling back to his feet

But those leg kicks just fucked Nate's whole offense up

Now, being southpaw vs orthodox now, the rear leg kick of gsp lands on the inside so it wont make Nick fall down like his brother did

- Nick has karate too

I can't watch the video but he does not have the KARATE MENTAL DISCPLINE of GSP. That is definitely different than having karate itself.

Where's Karatestylist???????

I can play also condit Damn neer knocked GSP out, diaz walked right through evrything condit threw at him. Also I dont consider Condit pop shoting then running, out strikeing. When Condit did stay in the pocket and engage diaz got the better of the exchanges.

Condit damn near knocked out a ring rusty GSP but outside of one kick, barely tagged GSP. On the other hand, Condit outstruck Diaz by about double the amount of punches that Diaz struck Condit with, running or not.

Just because you don't consider it "striking" doesn't mean he didn't whoop the fuck out of Diaz. That whole "when Condit stayed in the pocket" talk really nailed the coffin for me. Why would Condit stay in the pocket when he was superior movement and skill? It's like you consider striking to be "who has the better chin."

Do you even lift?

Jukai, Condit outstruck Diaz with kicks not punches... Nick actually landed more punches than condit

GSP got poked in the eye, lettuce be real tea. It was a bad poke too and it looked like it happened more than once.

Diaz is a great puncher with an iron chin, but as far as well-rounded striking goes, GSP is a notch above.

Condit damn near knocked out a ring rusty GSP but outside of one kick, barely tagged GSP. On the other hand, Condit outstruck Diaz by about double the amount of punches that Diaz struck Condit with, running or not.

Just because you don't consider it "striking" doesn't mean he didn't whoop the fuck out of Diaz. That whole "when Condit stayed in the pocket" talk really nailed the coffin for me. Why would Condit stay in the pocket when he was superior movement and skill? It's like you consider striking to be "who has the better chin."

Do you even lift?

lol whoop the f**k out of Diaz thats laughable but hey I got trolled in to this thread. I come here to get away from this in the ufc forums. Condit faught like he was scared. Diaz would back him down when his back got to the cage he dipped out, I think diaz caught him against the cage twice and both times Condit got worked over with body and head shot. The Idea you think Condit whipped him nailed the coffin for me.

GSP got poked in the eye, lettuce be real tea. It was a bad poke too and it looked like it happened more than once.

Diaz is a great puncher with an iron chin, but as far as well-rounded striking goes, GSP is a notch above.

I look at results and Diaz has beasted people on his feat I've never seen Gsp work people Like Diaz has. Is GSP more classicaly maybe but from a results aspect I believe diaz has the edge.

Back