gsp vs mcgregor or woodley?

thewhiterooster

dana hates sunscreen
@Brown
Reaction score
now that gsp has begun the usada testing process, it would seem he's officially going to fight again. so if conor is able to get past diaz, is the ufc's grand plan to do a gsp vs mcgregor? at madison square garden? or will it be gsp woodley? or something else?

GSP vs McG =

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

Mendes put McGregor down & keep him there easily.

Imagine Gsp. lolol

Would buy the ppv tho!

It was their plan before the first fight, yes. I doubt it will be now, they saw the Nate fight and even if the second result is different i don't think they want to send Conor into the arms of a welterweight GOAT next up. Too dangerous for the future cash making.

That's a squash match, Cloner couldn't even last two rounds vs a mid-tier LW on short notice, there is zero intrigue in him vs GSP lol.

I wish Machida wasn't suspended. I've always thought GSP vs Machida would be cool at a catch weight or 185. GSP has a karate background with excellent Takedowns, Machida's main discipline is karate, and he has great takedown defense. As a Machida fan, I'd like to see how that one shakes out.

I agree with others who say that GSP-Conor is a squash match. However, I do think it seems very plausible that they'd make that fight. They were trying to set that fight up the first time, before Nate ruined their plans, so it makes sense that they'd go that rout again. Perhaps that's why they insisted that this fight be at 170.

I'd prefer GSP take on more interesting challenges (fighting a FW isn't all that interesting). And he's already cemented himself as WW GOAT, so there's no need to go back. I'd rather he go to LW (since he said it wouldn't be a problem) or fight at MW. Even a fight with Hendricks could be interesting, despite his fall from contention.

Back