gsp vs mcgregor or woodley?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by thewhiterooster, Aug 10, 2016.

1. thewhiterooster

thewhiterooster dana hates sunscreen

now that gsp has begun the usada testing process, it would seem he's officially going to fight again. so if conor is able to get past diaz, is the ufc's grand plan to do a gsp vs mcgregor? at madison square garden? or will it be gsp woodley? or something else?

2. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

3. thewhiterooster

thewhiterooster dana hates sunscreen

i agree. most likely. but it would certainly be a massive money making fight. which is why i think they'll do it.

NoneChuck, Arm Barbarian and Sonny Qc like this.
  4. Sonny Qc

Sonny Qc Gold Belt

Mendes put McGregor down & keep him there easily.

Imagine Gsp. lolol

Would buy the ppv tho!

NoneChuck likes this.
  5. YoungRonniecoleman

YoungRonniecoleman Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

It was their plan before the first fight, yes. I doubt it will be now, they saw the Nate fight and even if the second result is different i don't think they want to send Conor into the arms of a welterweight GOAT next up. Too dangerous for the future cash making.

6. Koro_11

Koro_11 Silver Belt

That's a squash match, Cloner couldn't even last two rounds vs a mid-tier LW on short notice, there is zero intrigue in him vs GSP lol.

7. Th3Sav4ge

Th3Sav4ge "What the fuck is happening!?"

how about neither <16>

8. Liquid Samurai

Liquid Samurai Green Belt

I wish Machida wasn't suspended. I've always thought GSP vs Machida would be cool at a catch weight or 185. GSP has a karate background with excellent Takedowns, Machida's main discipline is karate, and he has great takedown defense. As a Machida fan, I'd like to see how that one shakes out.

9. laleggenda27

laleggenda27 Brown Belt

I agree with others who say that GSP-Conor is a squash match. However, I do think it seems very plausible that they'd make that fight. They were trying to set that fight up the first time, before Nate ruined their plans, so it makes sense that they'd go that rout again. Perhaps that's why they insisted that this fight be at 170.

I'd prefer GSP take on more interesting challenges (fighting a FW isn't all that interesting). And he's already cemented himself as WW GOAT, so there's no need to go back. I'd rather he go to LW (since he said it wouldn't be a problem) or fight at MW. Even a fight with Hendricks could be interesting, despite his fall from contention.