GSP vs Masvidal

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who would you pick to win at WW right now?

GSP would lay on him for 5 rounds. Would be boring.

GSP 50-45 or 49-46. GSP wouldn't get 10-8's against Masvidal even if GSP was at his best, and I still think GSP can pull it off today.

People who think GSP would get lots of 10-8's have no idea how good Masvidal is on the ground.

Last edited:
Askren is a much better wrestler than GSP, and look at what Masividal did to Askren when he tried to wrestle. Would GSP stand and strike with Masvidal? That spells doom for GSP.

Basically GSP has no way to win.

Lol

There’s a reason why gsp ran away from the sport in his prime.

All the top guys gsp beat can’t even crack top 15 in today’s much more competitive ww division.

mas would stiffen gsp within couple of rounds

Could you even imagine how many 10-8's Goat St-Pierre would have gotten with the modern scoring?

The thought of GSP with the BMF strap over his shoulder makes me laugh for some reason.

PRIME GSP wins easily.

But Prime GSP was a long long long time ago.

2020s GSP is a mystery
He looked significantly worse against Bisping few years ago, but prime GSP 50-45's him no doubt

Askren is a much better wrestler than GSP, and look at what Masividal did to Askren when he tried to wrestle. Would GSP stand and strike with Masvidal? That spells doom for GSP.

Basically GSP has no way to win.
We never saw Askren’s wrestling in that fight. GSP wouldn’t make a stupid mistake like that. His shots are all about timing. And his mma wrestling is much better than Askren’s. GSP would have Masvidal off balance all night with his jab and timing on his shots. 50-45 GSP.

The best WW ever and one of the best that sanctioned mma has ever seen regardless of weight vs a journeyman

it’s hard to like Masvidal lately on these forums

he’s barely more qualified to contend vs Usman than Leon Edwards that he sucker punched let alone be in the same sentence as GSP

Masvidal via flying knee

2020s GSP is a mystery
He looked significantly worse against Bisping few years ago, but prime GSP 50-45's him no doubt
I attributed that performance to the overall weight gain to be a 185'r, he looked slow and lethargic. Maybe it was his age and a combo of the weight gain. Would like to see how he performs at 170 still.

GSP 50-45 or 49-46. GSP wouldn't get 10-8's against Masvidal even if GSP was at his best, and I still think GSP can pull it off today.

People who think GSP would get lots of 10-8's have no idea how good Masvidal is on the ground.
Yes we do.

What makes me laugh are the people saying GSP fought lesser men in his past, when him and Jorge been fighting forever.
Mas is awesome I have always liked him but let's be real here guys. Mas is the one that fought lesser men in the past. Not GSP. Give Mas all of GSPS opponents and his record would have even more losses.

Back