GSP vs Lawler

Prime GSP would take it. GSP post 1,000th knee surgery struggles to take Lawler down and gets TKO'd in the process.

I think Lawler TKO's GSP, maybe even KO. GSP could for sure use some great wrestling and even some ground and pound but I see Lawler mangling him up worse than Hendricks did.

However, a motivated GSP that has been out long enough now that all those small injuries should be healed may prove to be something worth watching.

GSP decision but Lawler's takedown defense is better than many GSP opponents. The GSP who fought Hendricks vs the Lawler who beat Rory the second time would be interesting.

GSP in his prime ate up great wrestler like Hughes, Kos, Sherk, etc. His wrestling was just legendary.

He didn't look so good In the last fights before he retired, but neither has Robbie In his last 5-6 fights. More sloppy And careless than In his prime..

i agree

edit: I agree that gsp wins but not sure if its 50-45 like it would be in GSP's prime .

I think Lawler TKO's GSP, maybe even KO. GSP could for sure use some great wrestling and even some ground and pound but I see Lawler mangling him up worse than Hendricks did.

However, a motivated GSP that has been out long enough now that all those small injuries should be healed may prove to be something worth watching.

it honestly comes down to whether or not GSP can complete 5-6 takedowns. 1 for each round and maybe 1 or 2 more for the odd time robbie actually gets the blanket off him.

Since GSP's return from knee surgery ... his takedowns no longer had that explosiveness he had before.
Add his lack of fighting
His now advancing age
USADA which prevents these fighters from being at their best at those advanced ages.

Lawler easily KO's GSP within 3 rounds.
So GSP fought a guy who is known for tremendous Cardio, wore him down, out-struck him, and had him at a point where he was almost finished.....and you are using this as a bad thing towards GSP?

You GSP haters are funny...

At what point did GSP wore out and almost finished Diaz?

You can call people GSP haters but its clear you are a fanboy.

The truth is somewhere inbetween.

GSP did beat Diaz clearly ... but GSP was the one getting worn out and tired and was getting tagged up in the later rounds.

At what point did GSP wore out and almost finished Diaz?

You can call people GSP haters but its clear you are a fanboy.

The truth is somewhere inbetween.

GSP did beat Diaz clearly ... but GSP was the one getting worn out and tired and was getting tagged up in the later rounds.
My post was about Condit, in response to another post. You need to read back to understand the context...

lol what a fairy. just the first pic as an example. another fighter lands that punch and condit would at least be rocked.

You are a class A troll fuck. Sad that you hate a fighter that much where you cannot objectively assess a fighter.

Robbie V condit II... Did you fucking watch the fight. Robbie rocked Condit in the 5th and he survived that. So Robbie is a fairy too?

U suck ass

You are a class A troll fuck. Sad that you hate a fighter that much where you cannot objectively assess a fighter.

i dont hate gsp. hes a nice guy i hear and a very talented blanket. i dont like his fighting style so that makes me a troll? gtfo

GSP is overrated. He looked so good because he faced one-dimensional fighters or LWs during his reign. The first fighter he faced who could strike and wrestle (Hendricks) sent him to retirement.

Current GSP gets KO'd by Lawler. Prime GSP vs Lawler would be a great fight.

Why do people always leave out WHICH version of Hendricks we are talking about ?

The GSP that beat Hendricks by split 48 - 47 mauls the Hendricks we see since the USADA came onto the scene.

Why did Johny refuse to be tested to the same level GSP submitted to and passed ? No accusations... just legit observations.

Come on now.

Yup. Not only this but GSP was probably PEDing in his fights prior to Hendricks( not bashing as i think this applies to 95% of the high level roster). GSP went in clean for that fight to try and cause a USADA change that we are seeing today, vs a guy who wouldn't drug test, while being unmotivated, and coming off a couple of knee injuries.

GSP kills USADA Hendricks and if GSP didn't jump the gun on being clean he would have did the usual beatdoen that night too.

end thread. all you sherbros forgot what a magnificent blanket gsp was. no one could stop him from holding them down.
Fight in a nutshell vs Lawler:

Jab, jab, jab-jab, jab, jab-double... Pitter patter in the canvas to the buzzer... Rinse repeat for 25 minutes...

Fight in a nutshell vs Lawler:

Jab, jab, jab-jab, jab, jab-double... Pitter patter in the canvas to the buzzer... Rinse repeat for 25 minutes...

careful bro apparently we are just trolls for stating this

If GSP thought he could 50-45 Robbie Lawler he'd have already come back and done it.

careful bro apparently we are just trolls for stating this
I'm not denying GSP is arguably the most effective fighter in history in terms of winning... He had a bullet proof game plan and it always worked... That being said I just didn't enjoy watching him fight.

I'm not denying GSP is arguably the most effective fighter in history in terms of winning... He had a bullet proof game plan and it always worked... That being said I just didn't enjoy watching him fight.

exactly what i said but apparently im a 'class A troll fuck' lool

Back