GSP VS LAWLER in Montreal??

jjjjjjjjjjohnny

JDP is the CHAMP!
@red
Reaction score
Did Hendricks get pushed out because GSP is coming back???

any rumours?

No, that isn't it.

Lawler wanted some time to rest since he had fought 5 times in 13 months, so Hendricks and his camp decided to take the Brown fight instead of waiting.

Na rumor is Anderson will drop to 170 if he beats Diaz thats why

Lawler wants some time off. Hendricks didn't want to wait.

If GSP wants to come back, fighting Lawler in June makes perfect sense while the rest fight it out for #1 contender, which right now belongs to Johny, not Rory.

Personally I'd like to see it and GSP, while past his prime, has earned the right to comeback and fight for the title without a qualifier fight. I think Robbie will beat him though.

Nope manager said no comeback plan for 2015, GSP said it too in a french interview.

1) Zero chance GSP steps in there before Rory 2) zero chance GSP fights for this promotion who is scrapping out of competition PED testing.

GSP is done, bro. We all have to accept it and move on.

The sooner the better. It hurts.

Keep in mind though there's a thread every other week talking about Brock or Fedor coming back. Some people just can't let go and appreciate new fighters.

Havent heard anything about this

As if GSP would comeback to bump Rory out of a shot.

It's funny that you think that Rory, who's already lost to the current champ and got TKO'd by Carlos Condit, would be given a shot over GSP, the GOAT who made millions for the UFC and also retired with a win over a guy rated higher than Rory.

Rory fans - delusional.

It's funny that you think that Rory, who's already lost to the current champ and got TKO'd by Carlos Condit, would be given a shot over GSP, the GOAT who made millions for the UFC and also retired with a win over a guy rated higher than Rory.

Rory fans - delusional.

he means that GSP would not comeback to block his teammate Rory from getting a titleshot. maybe after hes had a shot at the belt

he means that GSP would not comeback to block his teammate Rory from getting a titleshot. maybe after hes had a shot at the belt

What's he gonna do? Wait until Rory wins, then loses the title to make his comeback? Wait until he gets older? NO. It makes far more sense to try for another title now and either capture the belt or lose and retire for good. GSP might win and retire too. Who knows? All I know is he's left the door open to a comeback and Dana LOVES money.

Rory still has to win against Lombard and IF Johny beats Brown, Rory should have to beat Hendricks, who's rated higher than he is.

Just the facts. I know they hurt to Rory fans.

Last edited:
Colossal, assuming that, concordant with facts!

huge if true in disguise :)

GOAT : GSP
Champion : Robbie Lawler
1 Johny Hendricks
2 Rory MacDonald
3 Tyron Woodley
4 Carlos Condit
5 Hector Lombard
6 Matt Brown
7 Kelvin Gastelum
8 Demian Maia
9 Tarec Saffiedine

Hendricks, for all intents and purposes fought 3 even fights in a row, one against GOAT GSP and two against Champion Lawler. I actually had Johny winning the GSP fight and splitting the two Lawler fights. Either way he's higher on the scale than Rory, who beat two guys Shields beat along with Woodley, who won't fight Lombard because he's scared.

Johny beat Carlos Condit too, a guy who took out Rory. It all adds up to those UFC ranking right there. Rory has to earn displacing Johny.

Back