GSP vs Khabib will be for Khabib's last fight

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

Here's my analysis. GSP vs Khabib is arguably the biggest fight the UFC can make at this point and we all know they're about money fights. But the UFC doesn't want to take the risk to have Khabib lose to GSP because it would hurt his star power and he's one of the biggest stars they have right now with Conor and Jones.

Khabib has also hinted at retiring soon and young, not fighting past 33 or something like that. He could defend against Tony in December and maybe Gaethje in April and then feel the need to retire on one last big fight.

When Khabib decides to hang it up the UFC will offer him the GSP fight but not for a belt (unless they create 165 which Dana doesn't want). They will fight at 170 or catch-weight for a "legacy fight" so they don't hold up divisions.

They could market it as the biggest fight ever, the all-time greatest GSP against the then 30-0 unbeatable russian monster Khabib.

So this fight will happen, it's too much money for the UFC to pass, but only after they milked Khabib as a LW champion and he wants to retire.

What do you think about that ?

Been thinking about it as well, Khabib's plan to retire soon is actually a good thing to make this fight happen. The UFC would only entertain the idea if Khabib's leaving anyway.

Lol this won't happen. They aren't idiots.

If they give Khabib this fight then he will retire, GSP will retire and Conor will retire without the prospect of a rematch.

Why the fuck would they give their 3 biggest (only) stars a reason to retire in 1 fight ? :D

No my friends, they will milk this shit for as long as they possibly can.

If they give Khabib this fight then he will retire, GSP will retire and Conor will retire without the prospect of a rematch.

Why the fuck would they give their 3 biggest (only) stars a reason to retire in 1 fight ? :D

That's why it will be for Khabib's last fight. If he's going to retire anyway it makes the most sense to milk it one last time with the biggest fight possible. Also Conor is irrelevant to the discussion at this point no need to mention him on this topic.

Well if Conor Khabib 2 already happens, then you're left with Khabib wanting to retire with a gsp fight and gsp wanting to come back for only the Khabib fight so why not?
They would just be capitalizing on khabibs last fight to cash out...

Business 101.

FirmCaringGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

Been thinking about it as well, Khabib's plan to retire soon is actually a good thing to make this fight happen. The UFC would only entertain the idea if Khabib's leaving anyway.

He's gonna leave on a loss if he thinks he can beat Georges.

That's why it will be for Khabib's last fight. If he's going to retire anyway it makes the most sense to milk it one last time with the biggest fight possible. Also Conor is irrelevant to the discussion at this point no need to mention him on this topic.

Conor is very relevant cause Conor brings in the most cash so naturally they don't want to throw all that sweet sweet cash away.

Khabib will not retire without cementing his legacy.

Let me tell you how this goes. Khabib will have to fight Tony, then rematch Conor so he can get the GSP fight for his retirement.

That's 4 huge fights for the UFC. Conor vs Dustin, Khabib vs Tony, Khabib vs Conor and last Khabib vs GSP.

And this happens only if Khabib beats Tony which is not granted. He could lose.

If he loses then we have a whole different scenario in which the UFC makes even more money.

The UFC are pimps dude, this is not a charity or the make a wish foundation. They won't give Khabib this fight.

Conor is very relevant cause Conor brings in the most cash so naturally they don't want to throw all that sweet sweet cash away.

Khabib will not retire without cementing his legacy.

Let me tell you how this goes. Khabib will have to fight Tony, then rematch Conor so he can get the GSP fight for his retirement.

That's 4 huge fights for the UFC. Conor vs Dustin, Khabib vs Tony, Khabib vs Conor and last Khabib vs GSP.

And this happens only if Khabib beats Tony which is not granted. He could lose.

If he loses then we have a whole different scenario in which the UFC makes even more money.

The UFC are pimps dude, this is not a charity or the make a wish foundation. They won't give Khabib this fight.

I don't know what you don't understand in my words. Plus you contradicting yourself. My explanation was very down to earth.

First I never said UFC is charity, I clearly said that for khabib last fight GSP is the biggest money fight possible.

Secondly you said in your first post that this fight will never happen and now you say that it will be for his last fight, so you agree with my initial post thanks.

And yeah khabib could lose to Tony so could anyone to anybody in the top 5 of their division, thanks for stating what we all know.

Lastly no Conor isn't relevant because he brings "money" anymore and there are two reasons to this : A. He's losing credibility fast with his antics and fake fight announcement and B. Khabib is a different kind of animal who has enough money coming to him from Chechen millionaires and governors, he doesn't care about that. He said clearly that Conor has to earn his rematch by getting one or two wins, and he's very adamant about it. For him it's a matter of respect not money. And he values respect more. And Conor winning a fight in the LW top 10 today is way more improbable than Khabib losing to Tony. Wayyy more uncertain.

I don't know what you don't understand in my words. Plus you contradicting yourself. My explanation was very down to earth.

First I never said UFC is charity, I clearly said that for khabib last fight GSP is the biggest money fight possible.

Secondly you said in your first post that this fight will never happen and now you say that it will be for his last fight, so you agree with my initial post thanks.

And yeah khabib could lose to Tony so could anyone to anybody in the top 5 of their division, thanks for stating what we all know.

Lastly no Conor isn't relevant because he brings "money" anymore and there are two reasons to this : A. He's losing credibility fast with his antics and fake fight announcement and B. Khabib is a different kind of animal who has enough money coming to him from Chechen millionaires and governors, he doesn't care about that. He said clearly that Conor has to earn his rematch by getting one or two wins, and he's very adamant about it. For him it's a matter of respect not money. And he values respect more. And Conor winning a fight in the LW top 10 today is way more improbable than Khabib losing to Tony. Wayyy more uncertain.

I actually didn't read your whole post, just went of the title.

There are talks that Khabib wants GSP now, so that fact + your title is all I had in mind and I just went off :D

But yeah, we seem to agree on most things.

My bad :)

no chance of happening. none.......
Here's my analysis. GSP vs Khabib is arguably the biggest fight the UFC can make at this point and we all know they're about money fights. But the UFC doesn't want to take the risk to have Khabib lose to GSP because it would hurt his star power and he's one of the biggest stars they have right now with Conor and Jones.

Khabib has also hinted at retiring soon and young, not fighting past 33 or something like that. He could defend against Tony in December and maybe Gaethje in April and then feel the need to retire on one last big fight.

When Khabib decides to hang it up the UFC will offer him the GSP fight but not for a belt (unless they create 165 which Dana doesn't want). They will fight at 170 or catch-weight for a "legacy fight" so they don't hold up divisions.

They could market it as the biggest fight ever, the all-time greatest GSP against the then 30-0 unbeatable russian monster Khabib.

So this fight will happen, it's too much money for the UFC to pass, but only after they milked Khabib as a LW champion and he wants to retire.

What do you think about that ?

Lol imagine a middle aged GSP coming back, ending the undefeated streak of a guy some are now touting as the GOAT, and then immediately retiring again.

I actually didn't read your whole post, just went of the title.

There are talks that Khabib wants GSP now, so that fact + your title is all I had in mind and I just went off :D

But yeah, we seem to agree on most things.

My bad :)

No problem pal, happy we agree on the majority of it

Khabib won't fight above 155, he said recently. GSP last fought at 185. He could still fight at 170. He is not fighting at 155. He could fight at a catchweight but Khabib is no longer interested in anything except 155. GSP, at his age, coming out of retirement, doing an extreme weightcut, could be a disaster. Even if he makes it, he probably won't fight like his normal self, so it would be weak sauce for fight fans wanting/expecting a great "GOAT" fight.

Khabib won't fight above 155, he said recently. GSP last fought at 185. He could still fight at 170. He is not fighting at 155. He could fight at a catchweight but Khabib is no longer interested in anything except 155. GSP, at his age, coming out of retirement, doing an extreme weightcut, could be a disaster. Even if he makes it, he probably won't fight like his normal self, so it would be weak sauce for fight fans wanting/expecting a great "GOAT" fight.

I remember an Instagram post when Khabib offered a catchweight of 160. I truly believe that they can agree on 165. If it is Khabib last fight and they do it only for legacy (and money) then catchweight isn't impossible. And 165 is ok for GSP. I agree that 155 would be catastrophic at his age.

khabib fights GSP and loses. GSP is the 155 champ and the first to hold belts in 3 divisions.

mcgregor talks mad shit and is suddenly the #1 contender for GSP's belt, giving us GSP vs mcgregor, the single biggest main event in the UFC's history.

GSP mops the floor with conor and retires.

khabib finally fights tony for the vacant title.

khabib fights GSP and loses. GSP is the 155 champ and the first to hold belts in 3 divisions.

mcgregor talks mad shit and is suddenly the #1 contender for GSP's belt, giving us GSP vs mcgregor, the single biggest main event in the UFC's history.

GSP mops the floor with conor and retires.

khabib finally fights tony for the vacant title.
Sorry you lost me at GSP defending a belt at a weight other than 170. His last defense was at the end of 2013.

Back