GSP vs Jones (resume)

Georges-St-Pierre.jpg
Look at that big HGH gut! So protruded!

Durrrrrrrrrr

Jones has some great names but most of them were well past their prime when they fought Jon and that's not debatable.

GSP's biggest wins were not all guys past their prime.

GSP

Jon resume is tainted and filled with past prime fighter.

Jones has best resume to me. He beat PRIDE legends Shogun and Rampage, UFC legends Machida, Evans, Belfort, current UFC LHW and HW champ Cormier twice, Gustuffson twice, the current Bellator champ Bader, and the greatest trash talker ever, Sonnen. Most were finishes.
GSP beat UFC legends Hughes and Penn twice, MW champ Bisping, and a host of top contenders, none with the name recognition of Jones wins. Both guys are legends though.

So then Sensei Seagal told wilKO. "Delete that post. You're drunk."

Hughes = DC
Prime BJ > Past prime post-knee surgery Shogun
Prime BJ > Past prime one-dimensional Rampage
Shields >>>> Rashad
Fitch >>>> OSP
Condit > Gus
Hendricks > Gus
Koscheck > Matyushenko
Koscheck > Vera
Alves > Santos
Miller > Smith

It's GSP and it's not even close

Even if you discount Jones' habitual cheating in and out of the cage, his resume pales in comparison to GSP's
hmm . i was almost going to argue with you but then i thought about it and i agree with you.

Hughes = DC
Shields >>>> Rashad
Fitch >>>> OSP
Condit > Gus
Hendricks > Gus
Koscheck > Matyushenko
Koscheck > Vera
Alves > Santos
Miller > Smith

Even if you discount Jones' habitual cheating in and out of the cage, his resume pales in comparison to GSP's

Where is Tapped to Strikes on Jones Resume? Where is tap to Arm Bar on Jones Resume? Its more impressive to me how Jones fought off the arm bar attempt from Juiced up Victor instead of tapping within a second with like a few secs left until the end of the round.

GSP fought harder competition by a slight margin
GSP didnt cheat 4 (5?) times.

/thread

Jones has best resume to me. He beat PRIDE legends Shogun and Rampage, UFC legends Machida, Evans, Belfort, current UFC LHW and HW champ Cormier twice, Gustuffson twice, the current Bellator champ Bader, and the greatest trash talker ever, Sonnen. Most were finishes.
GSP beat UFC legends Hughes and Penn twice, MW champ Bisping, and a host of top contenders, none with the name recognition of Jones wins. Both guys are legends though.
Imagine naming Sonnen when talking about Jones best wins but not mentionning Jake Shields, Jon Fitch etc.. You sound like a casual.

Hughes = DC
Shields >>>> Rashad
Fitch >>>> OSP
Condit > Gus
Hendricks > Gus
Koscheck > Matyushenko
Koscheck > Vera
Alves > Santos
Miller > Smith

The only thing I disagree with Shields>rashad..
People diss Rashad too much. In his prime he was a beast. I would say he was the lhw NOG. If he didnt share the period with the weightclass goat, he would dominate.

Back