GSP vs Jones Finishes

GusBrooks

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
GSP and Jones have 2 finishes in their last 10 fights. Jones would technically have 3 but Cormier was a NC. Neither fighter is my favorite but Jones has always been more exciting to watch IMO. I find it interesting that Jones tries to finish fights while GSP really made no attempt to, and was always criticized for it, but they have the same amount of stoppages.

Jon seems more beatable every fight so is the best really to come?

I hope Jones retires on top like GSP.

Can you imagine how many jimmies it would rustle?

Perma-GOAT status for as long as there is an internet... The ultimate troll move.

<JonesLaugh>

Say goodnight to the bad guy.

Not yet, but please, don't do a Fedor/Chuck.

GSP and Jones have 2 finishes in their last 10 fights. Jones would technically have 3 but Cormier was a NC. Neither fighter is my favorite but Jones has always been more exciting to watch IMO. I find it interesting that Jones tries to finish fights while GSP really made no attempt to, and was always criticized for it, but they have the same amount of stoppages.

Jon seems more beatable every fight so is the best really to come?

Fedor and Silva are the only 2 who can compare to Jones. GSP and DC , while great fighters, are not of the same caliber.

GOAT candidates dont go almost 10 years without a single finish, and they sure as hell don't tap to strikes.

Last edited:
Every fighter probably has studied everything about them prior to the fight. Strengths and weaknesses. Plus they are fighting only the cream of the crop fighters so you cant expect them to blow through every fight.

Its funny that you compare GSp to Jones, when Fedor and Silva are the only 2 who can compare.
Fedor has had a worse losing skid then GSP. He has been stopped multiple times. Also buy a guy a weight class below. Plus GSP ain't fighting freakshows

Fedor and Silva are the only 2 who can compare to Jones. GSP and DC , while great fighters, are not on e the same caliber.

GOAT candidates dont go almost 10 years withouth a single finish, and they sure don't tap to strikes.
Dude, GSP owns you. What did he do to you?

jones does just enough to make alot of people question if he won the fight.

gsp won dominantly leaving no doubt as to who won.

Fedor and Silva are the only 2 who can compare to Jones. GSP and DC , while great fighters, are not on e the same caliber.

GOAT candidates dont go almost 10 years withouth a single finish, and they sure don't tap to strikes.
GOAT fighters don’t need PEDs to achieve greatness.

I hope Jones retires on top like GSP.

Can you imagine how many jimmies it would rustle?

Perma-GOAT status for as long as there is an internet... The ultimate troll move.

<JonesLaugh>

Say goodnight to the bad guy.

Not yet, but please, don't do a Fedor/Chuck.
I hate the guy but I agree that would be awesome. I dont ses it though. I personally see him losing his next fight and then the one after and maybe retirement.

GSP has something Jons too scared to get and thats a belt in a weight class above his original, or any other belt but Jon does have something GSP doesn't its one of these *

jones does just enough to make alot of people question if he won the fight.

gsp won dominantly leaving no doubt as to who won.
That's a testament to Dom showing up correct. As did Thiago and Gus in the first bout.
GSP got stopped and came back better. Jones is the elder statesman now, but started this run as a clean faced youngster and has gotten the W every fight he's had.

There's no reason to shit on one out of love for the other is there?

I hate the guy but I agree that would be awesome. I dont ses it though. I personally see him losing his next fight and then the one after and maybe retirement.

I used to hate him until he stopped pretending to be a nice guy... Its better on the dark side... Join me... Its more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Damn right it would be awesome... History won't remember the dick pills or the hit and runs, and neither will YouTube... His highlights and legacy are going to last for a long, long time, and it was a privilege to watch it from start to finish... No matter what you opinions are on him as a person.

Anyway, it's good to have a fighter you hate. I was so sad when Kos retired. He triggered me more than any fighter has before or since, and it's fun to vehemently root against fighters... The haters will miss him soon enough when he's gone.

Jon's competition was of a much higher caliber than GSP's. When it comes to Goat talks this is the main difference for me:

Jon as the 23 year old challenger made the defending champion tap to strikes

Jon-Jones-x-Shogun.gif

GSP as the defending champion tapped to strikes

gif8.gif

Everyone finishes bisping but not dc

I used to hate him until he stopped pretending to be a nice guy... Its better on the dark side... Join me... Its more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Damn right it would be awesome... History won't remember the dick pills or the hit and runs, and neither will YouTube... His highlights and legacy are going to last for a long, long time, and it was a privilege to watch it from start to finish... No matter what you opinions are on him as a person.

Anyway, it's good to have a fighter you hate. I was so sad when Kos retired. He triggered me more than any fighter has before or since, and it's fun to vehemently root against fighters... The haters will miss him soon enough when he's gone.
Dude kos was probably my most hated fighter ever next to bisping but the ping grew on me too for some reason. Maybe jones will too somehow

Dude kos was probably my most hated fighter ever next to bisping but the ping grew on me too for some reason. Maybe jones will too somehow
Either way, we'll miss him when he's gone.

Fedor has had a worse losing skid then GSP. He has been stopped multiple times. Also buy a guy a weight class below. Plus GSP ain't fighting freakshows
Fedor was fighting lesser competition during his reign... He only beat Nog... We all saw how "great" Cro cop was outside Japan... The moment Fedor faced better competition, he went on a 3 fights losing streak... He even made Brett Rogger look great for sake...

Back