GSP vs Hendricks

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
I would have said I think GSP won but it's so close can't complain.

I stay unbiased and don't let my hate get the best of me. Sherdog is infamous for the amount of GSP hatred, and it was still 45% that gave GSP round 1.

Solid opinion. Too say you are unbiased is stretching it perhaps, but whatever. Fans opinions are pointless dude. It comes down to the people that do mma for a living, fighters, other judges, refs, ufc brass, they disagree and I consider them more important.

Anyways I don't think Georges is coming back, and his retirement at 32 and scared shitlless attitude of getting hit and losing (one of those ww's was gonna beat him at some point there) and his retirement claiming he is goat is annoying to me. people give people like anderson or fedor shit for losing thse fights when they are on the wrong side of 35 and too me that has no weight if that person thinks gsp is the greatest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone agrees the ten point system doesn't work for MMA.

With a better scoringsystem suited for MMA, an extra Round would have crowned a real winner.

With the current judging And the ten point system, There is little doubt that GSP won the fight.

Extra round would definitely been in GSP's favor.

He fought to the very end, while Hendricks was clearly spent. I don't believe Hendricks chose to coast in the fifth round of a title fight because he thought he was winning, he can't be that stupid.

I would have said I think GSP won but it's so close can't complain.

I stay unbiased and don't let my hate get the best of me. Sherdog is infamous for the amount of GSP hatred, and it was still 45% that gave GSP round 1.

GSP's my favorite fighter of all time and I wouldn't have argued if the judges had scored it for Hendricks or called it a draw, because the first round was incredibly close.

Too close to complain either way.

Anyone calling it a robbery is brain damaged.

Scored it a Draw after watching it several times.

Extra round would definitely been in GSP's favor.

He fought to the very end, while Hendricks was clearly spent. I don't believe Hendricks chose to coast in the fifth round of a title fight because he thought he was winning, he can't be that stupid.
....Eh...I don't disagree with you on Hendricks being tired, but he just might be that stupid as well.

'I only gave 70% and that was enough.' 'I don't know what more I could've done, to win the fight.'

'just the burger, but no fries' *misses weight eternally*

Y'know what I'm sayin'
*spits chew into water bottle*

GSP's my favorite fighter of all time and I wouldn't have argued if the judges had scored it for Hendricks or called it a draw, because the first round was incredibly close.

Too close to complain either way.

Anyone calling it a robbery is brain damaged.
They are simply GSP haters. You can go on and on about how GSP is a steroid cheat and the mods won't do a thing. The GSP hate on Sherdog is rabid, and encouraged. Other fighters you post a suggestive picture and don't say anything and you get dubbs.

There is a mix of gsp nuthuggers and haters on sherdog. both are big but i would say there are more people that bias/favorable to gsp

This is how I had it. Though under the new rules coming that would have been a different story.

Now why would you mention this. Yet not mention GSP did WADA testing and Hendricks didn't ?

That's something else time is forgetting. Of course because GSP haters NEVER mention it. I'm not specifically speaking of you but you did bring up just the one point.

Do you think the Hendricks you've seen the last two fights would have even scored a round on GSP ? Of course you don't.

48 - 47 GSP won the fight.

dealwithit.gif

Last edited:
See, the gsp fanboys are coming out of the woodwork again!

It was a total gift decision if anything. A certain type of judge or fans who are bias would give it to him but a vast majority of people who don't give a shit about either guy would say the bloke in the yellow shorts won.

They are simply GSP haters. You can go on and on about how GSP is a steroid cheat and the mods won't do a thing. The GSP hate on Sherdog is rabid, and encouraged. Other fighters you post a suggestive picture and don't say anything and you get dubbs.

I think people were shocked to see GSP struggle in a fight and that colored the way people scored it.

We were so used to seeing GSP just dominate.

I think pre-injury GSP would have made beating Hendricks look incredibly easy.

I had GSP Winning, also Hendricks was roided to the gills.

I think youd be surprised how much this forum hates GSP lmao

The opinions on Georges are generally strong, a lot hate him BUT a ton of people love him on here. Not much middle ground it's hard to have that on forums when the guy is in boring fights.

Last edited by a moderator:

Every person from the media had it for Hendricks.

MEDIA SCORES
Adam Martin
Sportsnet.ca47-48Hendricks
Cory Braiterman
MMAMania.com47-48Hendricks
Nathan McCarter
BleacherReport.com47-48Hendricks
Craig Amos
BleacherReport.com47-48Hendricks
Luke Thomas
MMAFighting.com47-48Hendricks
Brent Brookhouse
BloodyElbow.com47-48Hendricks
MMAWeekly.com47-48Hendricks
Mike Whitman
Sherdog.com47-48Hendricks
Chris Nelson
Jordan Breen
MMAJunkie.com47-48Hendricks
Chase Raymond
BJPenn.com47-48Hendricks
John Pollock
Fight Network47-48Hendricks
Jason Floyd
TheMMAReport.com47-48Hendricks
Tim Burke
BloodyElbow.com47-48Hendricks
FightMetric.com47-48Hendricks

I scored it for GSP but round 1 is the only round that was even debatable.

Round 1 is the only round that could have went either way.

What I dislike is people, even Dana, downplaying how gutsy of a round 5 that was from GSP.

Why was GSP was expected to just dominate everybody forever? Things didn't go smoothly in the Hendricks fight but Georges showed he really is a fighter. His round five performance was awesome. He was busted up but he took the most important round.

Now why would you mention this. Yet not mention GSP did WADA testing and Hendricks didn't ?

That's something else time is forgetting. Of course because GSP haters NEVER mention it. I'm not specifically speaking of you but you did bring up just the one point.

Do you think the Hendricks you've seen the last two fights would have even scored a round on GSP ? Of course you don't.

48 - 47 GSP won the fight.

dealwithit.gif

fka3h1.gif

33ng9pl.gif

The most pathetic statement made by an ATG:

"Johny didn't hurt me. I was emotionally hurt"

Don't remember the exact quote, but GSP is a sad sack.

Back