GSP vs Hendricks

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
I am a big GSP fan but I scored it for Hendricks.

When I saw it live I said to my friends after the decision: "I am happy GSP won but this is bullshit."

The bottom line is, I have seen lots of fighters I rooted for getting screwed by the judges, and I accepted that the decision is final each time, this time is no different, I accept it.

Dana-Whites-face.jpg

hendricks-pierre-post-167.jpg

Sure, because Dana's reaction and facial bruises are how you determine the winner of a fight.

RDS 1,3,5 GSP

Hendricks RDS 2,4

No 10-8 rounds in that fight, therefore the decision was the right one.

This is one of those fights I really need to watch again when I have 5 hours to spare

In on weekly GSP/Hendricks thread

I watched it twice and had it a close but clear win for Johny both times
This. It was a very close fight with 3 clear rounds for Hendricks. You had to be drunk if you scored that 1st for GSP

I would add some words from Steven Rondina from Bleacher Report :

"
Even the most infuriated "Bigg Rigg" fan would struggle to say he won more than 3 rounds. The issue is that Johny Hendricks took two rounds while Georges St-Pierre squeaked out two rounds. The 10-point must scoring system, however, makes no distinction.

It was a problem with Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar 2, and it was a problem with Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jon Jones. Worse yet, nobody seems to know how to fix it.
"

Fickle fans have started to score the fight for GSP and as more time passes the wrong decision will be more or less forgotten
I have a problem with that Fedor vs Arona fight.... Arona clearly won the fight but they gave it to Fedor... unbelievable.

I would add some words from Steven Rondina from Bleacher Report :

"
Even the most infuriated "Bigg Rigg" fan would struggle to say he won more than 3 rounds. The issue is that Johny Hendricks took two rounds while Georges St-Pierre squeaked out two rounds. The 10-point must scoring system, however, makes no distinction.

It was a problem with Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar 2, and it was a problem with Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jon Jones. Worse yet, nobody seems to know how to fix it.
"

.5 would be much better, very close rounds could be 9.5 and for dominant rounds that don't quite deserve a 10-8, judges would be less hesitant to give 8.5 than 8 also. It wouldn't be perfect but it would be much better. It wouldn't be judging the fight as a whole like Pride but closer, and Hendricks would have most likely won in that scenario.

GSP won because he actually kept trying as champions do. As a contest GSP won. If it were judged as a fight possibly Hendricks won. No time limit, GSP would eventually have finished him imo.

3-2 for GSP, it was very close though, I would have been cool with it being a draw

This thread has been done countless times and the same things are being said every time. If you have nothing new to add, what's the point of making this thread again?

-Hendricks did the most damage overall.
-1st round decided the fight.

Side 1 : Hendricks won the 1st because of the elbows!!!
Side 2 : GSP won the 1st because of the submission attempt and the ring control!!!

The striking in the 1st round was 27-26. Can we just stop it?

Last edited:
It was close either way but I lost sympathy for Hendricks as soon as he said he took the final round of a title fight off. Time to let it go, ts.

While it was a good contest and all; It was scored incorrectly. Whenever I watch the first round I say Johny won that but I could see why a person with no backbone would give it to GSP. The round by round argument holds no weight in reality.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/11/st-pierre-vs-hendricks-official-ufc.html go to Decision/TPR.
Hey I have a backbone, walk upright and all and GSP won 1 3 5. Simple. Plus I took history in school in the 60's don't need to repeat it. Get on with your life.

Hey I have a backbone, walk upright and all and GSP won 1 3 5. Simple. Plus I took history in school in the 60's don't need to repeat it. Get on with your life.

Judges can make mistakes. It happens. It happened here.

Sherdog life coach here... :D:rolleyes:

The only round that matters is round 1.

What would your reaction of been if Hendricks was given the nod? What would the general consensous had been if it went the other way? One point from the match I want to make is why is gsp's takedown used as a round decider in round 1 when Hendricks also got a td that round.

What would your reaction of been if Hendricks was given the nod? What would the general consensous had been if it went the other way? One point from the match I want to make is why is gsp's takedown used as a round decider in round 1 when Hendricks also got a td that round.
I would have said I think GSP won but it's so close can't complain.

I stay unbiased and don't let my hate get the best of me. Sherdog is infamous for the amount of GSP hatred, and it was still 45% that gave GSP round 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back