Gsp vs diaz or dc vs JBJ

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Which fight had more raw emotion coming in?
For me I think nicks screaming on the conference call was one of the more REAL things I've heard in UFC history

dc vs jones, because Cormier is not an actor. I think GSP thought Diaz was disrespectful and an easy payday.

GSP: Peoples 'ave no idea how dark I am in my head sometimes.

vs

Jones: I would literally kill you

I never got to hear the conference call between Diaz and GSP.. I was working in a small town in AK during that fight and had little access to Internet. I'm sure I can find it on YouTube or something. If you think it was better than the beef between Cormier and Jones then I'm sure it's worth looking up.

Yeah gsp didnt like diaz but he also wanted that fight because it was an easy and big payday. Diaz wasnt a threat to his belt

Dc and jones have more bad blood and regardless of what either says, nobody is expecting this to be a walk in the park. Hoping maybe, but no chance either is as confident as gsp

I loved when Georges called Nick an ignorant fool and lectured him about the importance of having "passive income streams" to supplement one's fight purses. Those two had no idea what the other was saying.

Well DC/Jones isn't a clear mismatch, I also think it has more emotion behind it.

GSP vs Diaz was the match where GSP put the worst beating on Diaz we have ever seen in the UFC, right?

I loved when Georges called Nick an ignorant fool and lectured him about the importance of having "passive income streams" to supplement one's fight purses. Those two had no idea what the other was saying.

I think half of the frustration came from both sides not understanding each other. GSP has gone on to be extremely complimentary of Diaz since then. I think GSP has a lot of respect for him, strangely enough.

I think the biggest part of all of that was Diaz kept being made to look unreliable. I remember the start of that conference call they were saying that Diaz wasn't reachable, all while Diaz is talking trying to say that he was there. Very strange.

GSP got rocked in round three.

Your white belt is showing.

OQFNT.gif

"Do you really think I'm afraid of you man are you crazy in your head"?

GSP generally kept his emotions to himself and Nick was just being repetitive and rude so I think Jones/DC has more raw emotion.

Got rocked and he never rocked Diaz once. It was an uneventful decision victory for GSP. Some people do say it was a "beat down". Poe's law if you're making some joke.

Sigh.

Only keep clicking if you want the joke spoiled
Seriously? You really want it spoiled?
Well, okay...
Georges St-Pierre said:
Nick Diaz is the most disrespectful human being I have ever met and I am going to put the worst beating you've seen on him in the UFC

GSP got rocked in round three.

by rocked you mean losing embarrassingly then yes gsp was rocked. (he clearly wasn't. you were probably high as nick when you saw the fight)

no one can promote a fight better than Nick, not even Chael.

on paper, dc-jones is the goat matchup but as far as promotion goes, it's not top 3. Most Brock fights, Silva-Sonnen I and II, gsp-diaz, ??? had more hype.

Back