GSP vs Connor.....WHY or WHY NOT????

I always complain about my favorite fighters keeping on competiting way after their primes, and coming out of retirement several times... so for once that one of my idols manages to retire when he was starting to slow down, I would prefer if he stayed that way...
I hope getting the MW belt was able to scratch his itch for competition long enough that he won't have to fight in MMA ever again.

I would love to see him competing in grappling bouts though, GSP vs Khabib in Metamoris (or something similar), sign me up!

But MMA... sure, if they made a fight against Conor, yes I'd watch it, and would expect to GSP having McGregor gassed as fuck after a couple rounds, and then submit him.
But on the off chance that Conor manages to catch St-Pierre with a huge left hand, and they get some ref that allows a severe beating to take place before intervening... I'm still traumatized from Sakuraba vs Aoki, no thanks.

Conor should fight a top 5 guy who is still in his prime and active if he wants to rematch Khabib. He didn't give Aldo a rematch, which considering his insane title reign, and the... unusual way the fight ended, Aldo would have totally deserved.
So no, work for it lil' man...

It would probably be one of the easiest fights of GSPs career.

Back