GSP vs Champ Rockhold

I remember GSP saying he trained with Weidman and saying how strong he was grappling and "on another level" so I think Luke would probably be worse and keep GSP down. Maybe Georges could catch him standing but I would favor Luke pretty highly.

i think its safe to say that rockhold has no chin, and was overrated.

Rockhold. Bigger, stronger and Gsp doesn’t have the ko power needed to clock him.

GSP keeps it standing and outstrikes Rockhold to a UD, maybe a TKO if Rockhold's chin couldn't hold up, also I don't recall Rockhold having easy time with Weidman at all.

Rockhold's standup is actually not great, zero head movement and chinny.

I remember it being a knock down drag out fight for both guys until Chris went for that kick.

Could be way off as memories are a fickle thing. I'll just go watch the fight.

its hard to say honestly....Rockhold is a beast in grappling but his chin is glass and he leaves himself open a lot
i don't see why a smart fighter GSP wouldn't be able to left his hook his head into the canvas

Rockhold had good TDs? Since when? His TD accuracy during his UFC tenure was 30%.... That's bad lol

By comparison, GSP's was 74%.... GSP is a much, much better MMA wrestler than Luke Rockhold.
I think GSP is the better wrestler obviously but I don't think Luke is a bad wrestler.

Luke is 5/11 for TDs at MW
which isn't great but that was against Weidman and Branch, the latter of which also rocked him.

Back