GSP vs Champ Rockhold

GSP's jab would be much, much less effective on a 6'3" opponent who primarily likes to kick.
Depends, I don't see GSP jabbing Rockhold up but a good jab never hurts especially when setting up a nice lead hook. I'd still go with Rockhold.

How the fight would have gone? Now that GSP said he planned to fight him before Bisping change everything

Rockhold beaten undeafeted Weidman and looked good in that fight

He is a big guy for GSP, do you guys think GSP could have wrestle fuck Prime Rockhold?

Who win that fight and how?

Discuss
Rockhold should do a callout. They can still put it together at 185.

Even with Rockholds weak chin it's silly to think that his size, athletics and skillset wouldn't have been a tough puzzle for the old GSP to solve. The same GSP who struggled with Condit.
Minus a surprise head kick, Condit got handled...easily. Not saying GSP would certainly win or lose, but give Pierre some credit here buddy.

GSP has one of the best fight IQs and Rockhold has no defense. Rockhold does hit and kick very hard though so if GSP survives the early assault I see him winning by either KO or points.

GSP's jab would be much, much less effective on a 6'3" opponent who primarily likes to kick.

A couple hard body kicks from Luke and GSP will be shooting for his life

And if it hit the ground, remember Luke had no fear going to the ground with Jacare or Weidman. GSP was an amazing grappler but Luke was also great and much bigger. He had much more dangerous GnP than anyone GSP fought and elite top control to go along with it.

Minus a surprise head kick, Condit got handled...easily. Not saying GSP would certainly win or lose, but give Pierre some credit here buddy.

I love GSP just saying old, past prime GSP ain't a lock against Rockhold.

Prime Rockhold defintely.

Even though Rockhold is overrated IMO, he’d still bully GSP really badly.

Rockhold is huge for MW, has great scrambles and elite BJJ as well. If Weidman, Jacare or Kennedy couldn’t keep Rockhold down and give him troubles, then GSP would be no different from those 3

Nice mma math, check this out.

Rockhold choked Bisping easy in their first fight, and Rockhold beat Weidman, who's coach is Matt Serra, who TKOd GSP.

Rockhold by KO.

<BC1>
That's older MMAmath therefore irrelevant. You have to use the latest, updated results.

GSP via superman punch KO in the 1st

Luke would outgrapple him badly. Weidman used to kick GSPs ass in training and look at what Luke did to him

If GSP takes Luke down, that's not gonna go well for GSP.
Luke had pretty good takedowns at MW.
Luke can kick at further range without having to worry too much about TDs.
He's the first fighter that GSP would fight that is actually more athletic.

GSP has a pretty clean jab
GSP commits less to his power hand than most and this is how Luke knocked down most of his opponents leading them into the check hook.
GSP has a pretty nice lead hook.

I'd go with Rockhold.
Rockhold had good TDs? Since when? His TD accuracy during his UFC tenure was 30%.... That's bad lol

By comparison, GSP's was 74%.... GSP is a much, much better MMA wrestler than Luke Rockhold.

The Rockhold that terrorized machida and rained down 101 elbows & punches on Chris ????
It's not even a realistic fight but I'll humor it. The enormous Rockhold basically beats gsp like he did Chris but the finish comes sooner.

People have recency bias with Luke’s recent performances.. but as much as I can’t count out GSP, Luke seems like a terrible matchup for him back when he was champ. But hey, if Bisping can KO Luke then GSP certainly could.. but I would have heavily favored Luke

theres a reason gsp cherrypicked bisping

he would get brutalized by luke

GSP would have a punchers chance. (Never thought i would say that).

Thats it. Would be completely outclassed everywhere else.

Luke was too big and too powerful. GSP is more skilled, but there's a point of diminishing returns and Rockhold was on the ugly side of that point.

Easy fight for GSP, rockhold defense doesnt exist. Just boxing on the inside and soon or later a jab Hook would finished the fight, lukes chin wanst made for this!

Back