GSP turns 33 years old today - Do you want to see him back in the octagon?

He's one of the greatest fighters to ever compete in the sport, but aside from the Condit fight, his last half-dozen title defenses bored me to fucking death, and that was due to Condit bringing the fight to him despite being out-classed.

Let him stay retired. Hendricks vs Lawler was the most fun I've had watching a WW title fight in many years. Looking forward to Hendricks vs Lombard/Brown/Woodley

Great champion who has nothing left to prove. Hope he plans on staying out of the game as a fighter.

Nah. I don't wanna see him come back and start losing fights. Didn't he tear his ACL again or something? He wasn't as sharp after the last tear, prolly gunna be worse after the new one. It's nice to see someone go out on top for a change (even tho you know..)

Happy Birthday GSP.

Don't come back. You have nothing left to prove.

GSP is one of the true greats. A real man and champion.

Don't want to see him come back though. He quit right when he should have. He should open a gym or keep doing movies or start a podcast or something. Maybe get married and raise some mini GSPs.

But no...he should not come back.

LMFAO retiring at 33 in your physical prime after finally being tested (and losing)

The average career for an NFL player is something like 3 years.

GSP dominated in the most dangerous sport around for 10 years.

Laugh all you want, but it just shows how pathetic and delusional your sense of what constitutes accomplishment is.

i wish him well, but his wrestling safety first point based fighter that was boring to watch and he stagnated the ww division for years after he got ktfo by a 11-1 underdog.

Great champion who has nothing left to prove. Hope he plans on staying out of the game as a fighter.

He needs to prove he can beat Hendricks for one. That he can finish another top level fighter for another. He can stay retired, things are more exciting in his absence. <3 Welterweight division atm.

if he's healthy and in a good mindset then yeah, sure.

happy bday to gsp

wow i thought he was older, he's still young

he could probably still do really well for another 3-4 years

Wonder if he could drop to 155 considering so many fighters cut weight and are taller than him now in the division

I'd love to see him back if he really wants to be back and kick someone's ass. If he's not 100% into it, he should move on to movies and other stuff. He has nothing to prove. He has had the greatest career of any MMAist.

i miss him as a fighter...his fights were always...i hope something happens i hope something happens...but it doesnt..but he wins..im happy but sad..

but i dont want him back..just to put it in DFW's face..

maybe come back in a different weight class..he sealed his Legacy in WW already..

gsp will come back and re-claim his title vive le resistance

then defend it once and retire.

reminds me of mario lemieux.

I understood being more conservative at the end of his career and controversy or not he went out undefeated (since Serra caught him) and on top. So it would depend on what type of style he used if he came back.

I wouldn't see the point of coming back just to grind out wrestling wins and knock possible contenders down the ladder. He doesn't need the money and we know he can still do that. If he came back re-energized and starting looking to finish as a fan of the sport I'd love it. As a fan of his I know that style opens him up to getting hurt when 33 is UFC getting MMA old with the number of fights he has had and would leave him more vulnerable probably.

I would rather see his health as good as possible when his career was done. But its hard for some athletes to turn off the competitive drive. IDK, it has its potential positives but overall I think I'd rather see him stay retired

I would really like to see Georges St Pierre comes back now because of how spiced up the Division is now there are many really intriguing match ups he could have. (Happy Birthday GSP!)

Back