GSP TRULY IS THE GOAT-155?

TMAN29

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So something that I think people forget about GSP. He fought at 170 his whole career (dominating) while naturally walking around at 190. We now know many of the best 155ers are that big (khabib, diaz, Ferguson, dos anos).

How badass was GSP??? He should get winner of McGregor/khabib.... but I would understand if he had to fight Ferguson for that chance (from the UFC's perspective). Top guys right now being khabib, Conor, tony, diaz, and poirier.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/georg...or-winner-not-anderson-silva-or-nate-diaz-ufc

So something that I think people forget about GSP. He fought at 170 his whole career (dominating) while naturally walking around at 190. We now now many of the best 155ers are that big (khabib, diaz, Ferguson, dos anos). How badass was GSP??? He should get winner of McGregor/khabib.... but I would understand if he had to fight Ferguson for that chance (from the UFC's perspective). Top guys right now being khabib, Conor, tony, diaz, and poirier.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/georg...or-winner-not-anderson-silva-or-nate-diaz-ufc

He irritates in this interview.

First he says that he won't fight Nate because he will win 100% and will look like a bully, then that he won't fight Anderson because he has more to lose than to win.

So much for "legacy first" BS

He was the same size as everyone he fought bro, minus Alves and Hendricks.

He actually fought more guys smaller than him than vice versa: Penn, Sherk, Serra, Hardy.

Diaz wasn't cutting much weight back then either.

GSP would present a formidable challenge to both fighters...

How badass was GSP??? He should get winner of McGregor/khabib.... but I would understand if he had to fight Ferguson for that chance
That would be awesome..

Ferg/GSP
Khabib/Conor

Winners face each other in their next fight, same with the two losers..

That would be awesome..

Ferg/GSP
Khabib/Conor

Winners face each other in their next fight, same with the two losers..
If he rejected Nate as a potential opponent, dont see how he would accept El Cucuy...unfortunately...

If it potentially gets him a 155 shot, he'd do it..
Nate would sell more PPVs than El Cucuy, and Nate is potentially less dangerous than him, at this stage.

With or without both, No Rush will get the winner of Mc vs Khab

First he says that he won't fight Nate because he will win 100% and will look like a bully, then that he won't fight Anderson because he has more to lose than to win.

Agreed. Damnit gsp.... I guess it's about the money and accolades now. Think about how much money he could of made in the 4 yrs he was gone. 9 fights.... and on how popular he was=$100 million?

I'm going to respond next week when there is another GSP/GOAT question thread created.

Agreed. Damnit gsp.... I guess it's about the money and accolades now. Think about how much money he could of made in the 4 yrs he was gone. 9 fights.... and on how popular he was=$100 million?

Not about money it seems, otherwise he would've taken Nate fight

He was the same size as everyone he fought bro, minus Alves and Hendricks.

He actually fought more guys smaller than him than vice versa: Penn, Sherk, Serra, Hardy.

Diaz wasn't cutting much weight back then either.

What boggles the mind is that Alves made a trip down to 155.... I remember Rogan blathering on and on about his Hugeness.

What boggles the mind is that Alves made a trip down to 155.... I remember Rogan blathering on and on about his Hugeness.
Dude walked around at over 200 while fighting at WW. And hes only 5'9....

Meh let GSP have any fight he wants at this point. You can't deny the guy is a legend and one of the best of all time. Let him be a 3 division champ. I would love to see him annihilate Conor

Anderson doesn't have a title tho. So it kinda does less than fighting for a title.

I don't think he fears Anderson, cause he did get knocked down multiple times by striking phenoms Chael and Bisping. I think the version of GSP that fought Bisping would fuck him up big time.

Back