GSP trains with the best BJJ team in the world. Khabib won't be ready for his ground game

A couple of cards ago we had the submission record in the history of the sport in one night, yeah that shit doesn’t work lol... morons who have never ever gotten a foot in a Mat think they can take Gordon because he isn’t in the ufc lmfao...

I don't understand jiu jitsu x wrestling debate.

every mma Wrestler needs to train, learn jiu jitsu.
images

with 0 knowledge of jiu jitsu, every Wrestler is finished easily.
HealthyFocusedDegu-size_restricted.gif

once on top? Yes And it’s not even close

but gsp is a far superior wrestler

the key to beating khabib is quite easy - don’t get taken down
Not necessarily, look at tibau. Doesn’t matter if he stuffs all his takedowns if he’s has to keep defending them nonstop and can’t strike.

C'mon son. In mma grappling,khabib is god. Gsp better off keeping it standing. If he can.

Goddman there are a shit load of newbs in this crap thread

Not necessarily, look at tibau. Doesn’t matter if he stuffs all his takedowns if he’s has to keep defending them nonstop and can’t strike.
Yea that was a long ass time ago. Gsp lost to Serra too,not sure if ya heard

Yo
Khabib is a more dominant grappler than gsp.

Against strikers. GSP put great wrestlers on their backs over and over again. 170 GSP in his prime does the same to Khabib. I see nothing from Khabib that says he can stop GSP from taking him down at will. Nobody could at 170 back then. No matter your wrestling or grappling background. Now GSP at 55 and 40 years old.. That's a little different..

Reactions: JKS
GSP if he's in top form beats Khabib. And I personally don't think he'll have too much trouble doing it. Khabib is just too one dimensional vs some as versatile and high level in all aspects of the game like GSP. GSP can keep it standing and out kickbox Khabib (most likely), or he can outgrapple him. Or....he mixes it up and you see both. GSP is the bigger man here as well....he's got a nice 6" reach advantage....that would be trouble for Khabib with GSP's jab and outside game.

Khabib is an excellent fighter and one of the best in the world. But he's been very fortunate to have the competition of Poirier, Conor, Iaquinta, Edson, and Johnson to make him look so dominant. All fights where Khabib has a style advantage. They all have grappling as their biggest weakness. GSP is just too good IMO.

GSP reached the peak of his fame when people though Chuck Liddell might go down as the GOAT. He’s from that era. Pretty much everyone who fought then should not still be fighting

A guy I train with went to New York last year and watched Jake Shields grapple Gordon Ryan

He said it was like watching a black belt vs a guy that had never trained before

Tapped him like 8 times in a 7 minute round

This aint clear - Who tapped who?

Against strikers. GSP put great wrestlers on their backs over and over again. 170 GSP in his prime does the same to Khabib. I see nothing from Khabib that says he can stop GSP from taking him down at will. Nobody could at 170 back then. No matter your wrestling or grappling background. Now GSP at 55 and 40 years old.. That's a little different..
He doesnt need to stop the td every time to win. We seen what khabib does in the little available data when hes on his back. He immediatley threatens.

And gsp pursued this fight so he feels he got what it takes. No excuses no crying if he loses

GSP reached the peak of his fame when people though Chuck Liddell might go down as the GOAT. He’s from that era. Pretty much everyone who fought then should not still be fighting
Gsp is no fool. He would not come back if he ain't got it.

Yea that was a long ass time ago. Gsp lost to Serra too,not sure if ya heard
I’m not bashing khabib, I’m saying it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t take you down because of his pressure oriented grappling style. He doesn’t stop with the take downs and you are always on the defensive and can’t do much against him. Not saying that’s gonna happen to GSP but khabib can beat you even if you stuff his attempts.

Cool green lantern rash guard on Gsp

I’m not bashing khabib, I’m saying it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t take you down because of his pressure oriented grappling style. He doesn’t stop with the take downs and you are always on the defensive and can’t do much against him. Not saying that’s gonna happen to GSP but khabib can beat you even if you stuff his attempts.
War khabib

He doesnt need to stop the td every time to win. We seen what khabib does in the little available data when hes on his back. He immediatley threatens.

And gsp pursued this fight so he feels he got what it takes. No excuses no crying if he loses

It is no excuse to say GSP is 40 years old.. He will be 40 by the Spring..

And all athletes think they got 1 more.

Khabib trains with the best boxer, GSP wont be ready for the shishKhabib jab

Back