GSP trains with the best BJJ team in the world. Khabib won't be ready for his ground game

once on top? Yes And it’s not even close

but gsp is a far superior wrestler

the key to beating khabib is quite easy - don’t get taken down
Khabib has more than just shooting in the legs to get gsp down,especially if gsp gets tired. Hes no spring chicken and we dont known what he has lat 155

I believe I said mma grappling. Which includes more than just wrestling.

Personally , I consider wrestling and grappling two separate skill sets

you can be the worlds best grappler (Maia as an example ) but it’s little use with the wrestling to be able to utilize it

Reactions: HHJ
If they did so what?

You sound like someone who’s never trained in your entire life.

1. I love BJJ but modern BJJ rules have been adapted to DISSUADE elite wrestlers from coming in, spamming TD’s, and riding uneventful point decisions

2. Most BJJ matches these days are guys butt scooting towards each other over who can pull guard faster to sweep or spam leg locks. This level of exposure would get your jaw wired shut against elite opponents MMA.

3. There’s nowhere near as many top BJJ guys making the transition to MMA BECAUSE of the way the game is played. It’s more fun but HARDLY represents combat(the original purpose of BJJ.

4. Your argument is the equivalent of saying the Danaher Squad is inane because they’d get DESTROYED in Freestyle Wrestling, two different sports.

I don’t mean to be rude, but I feel it’s my job to educate the new fans

<seedat>
Nah Garry Tonon heel hooks everyone in MMA because he knows how to do it properly in positions where he can't get hit

You Brazilians have been long rendered irrelevant in BJJ with your primitive techniques and thinking

"Hurr durr leglocks don't work in MMA because you can get hit!" - a guy that has zero technical understanding about ashi garamis and how they can be used to sit opponents down to completely defensive positions where no strikes can be thrown

Personally , I consider wrestling and grappling two separate skill sets

you can be the worlds best grappler (Maia as an example ) but it’s little use with the wrestling to be able to utilize it
Of course. Khabib has both. He needs all of that to his overall game to tie it all together...that's why hes so good.

Khabib has more than just shooting in the legs to get gsp down,especially if gsp gets tired. Hes no spring chicken and we dont known what he has lat 155

ya most of khabibs tds Are from the clinch

He’s 40 but guy is a machine - would be an absolutely Amazing fight if khabib gets past Justin

Up there with Conor / khabib imo

When did BJJ ever nullify a strong wrestling game?

And don't come up with Ben Askren please....

GoodnaturedNecessaryKookaburra-size_restricted.gif

No he isn't. You could definitely make the argument he's better at doing certain things, but overall, he is not a 'far superior' wrestler.
His double leg takedown is definitely better than khabib's. But khabib has more grappling weapons in his arsenal when the takedown fails. He chains attempts and is constantly spamming different things to keep you off balance if the first 2 and third fail and by then you are against the cage....and now you have much more to worry about.

Khabib got 4 out of 7 takedowns stuffed by Conor lmao

GSP is the best MMA wrestler ever with the best top control in history

Plus his back takes, RNCs, and leglocks are elite after training with Gordon
Yeah, this. Gordon is a fucking god of grappling. If he says GSP is that good, I believe him. I'll put money on GSP if this fight happens, simply because of that statement.

ya most of khabibs tds Are from the clinch

He’s 40 but guy is a machine - would be an absolutely Amazing fight if khabib gets past Justin

Up there with Conor / khabib imo
I like this fight alot,two of my favorites. No need to denigrate either.

Khabib couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag

Khabib has actually TKOed people with punches in the last decade, which is more than GSP can say lol.

I think it's a great fight. I love both guys more than anything. The op is trash though and probably not long for these forums.
Oh yeah same, I enjoy both guys, both are entertainment for me to watch, and I enjoy their overall humbleness which is a fresh breath of air especially post Conor era(lulz).

Tbh, how many new cats really last long on these forums anymore, then again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just someone on a new account after a fresh ban.

<Fedor23>

Khabib got 4 out of 7 takedowns stuffed by Conor lmao

GSP is the best MMA wrestler ever with the best top control in history

Plus his back takes, RNCs, and leglocks are elite after training with Gordon
How's his weight cutting to 155?

Khabib has actually TKOed people with punches in the last decade, which is more than GSP can say lol.
GSP knocked down Bisping with a punch, which is something Khabib couldn't do in a million years

Bisping even now would turn Khabib's face into mince

Back