GSP trains with the best BJJ team in the world. Khabib won't be ready for his ground game

Aside from the blast double, khabib is better than GSP in every aspect of grappling

Reactions: HHJ
Aside from the blast double, khabib is better than GSP in every aspect of grappling

I don’t know the stats, but comparatively speaking, does GSP do a better job of keeping a guy down once he takes someone down?

I don’t know the stats, but comparatively speaking, does GSP do a better job of keeping a guy down once he takes someone down?
Khabib isn’t content with just holding a guy down, he’s always advancing, smashing and finding a sub when the opportunity arises. GSP blankets because he lacks the skill to do what khabib does to his opponents.

A couple of cards ago we had the submission record in the history of the sport in one night, yeah that shit doesn’t work lol... morons who have never ever gotten a foot in a Mat think they can take Gordon because he isn’t in the ufc lmfao...
It only works on bums. Im not one. Keep it off the mat and its an easy W.
THE GOAT agrees with me

Khabib isn’t content with just holding a guy down, he’s always advancing, smashing and finding a sub when the opportunity arises. GSP blankets because he lacks the skill to do what khabib does to his opponents.

Yeah but, didn't Khabib get into some fights where he got takedowns but the dude manages to get up like 15 times or whatever in one fight? I'm a Khabib fan, I'm just trying to figure out who is more efficient at keeping someone grounded.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer watching Khabib on the ground.

GSP always does half his fight camp in New York with monsters like Garry Tonon, Gordon Ryan, and Nick Rodriguez. All three would have Khabib tapping for his life in 30 seconds

Gordon Ryan said on his Instagram a few months ago that GSP would easily sweep or submit Khabib off his back too, let alone on top.

DMcb31DXkAECFHn.jpg

The GOATs of their respective sports training together is otherworldly

Dana needs to hurry up and book GSP vs Khabib for 155 title so he can take a third belt with ease
I think a lot of people are overlooking gaethje lol. He has the potential to ruin this little party for everyone

bahahahahahaha

Khabib lost a round to McGregor and got multiple takedowns stuffed by average fighters like Iaquinta

GSP won like 33 rds in a row and dominated everyone apart from juiced Hendricks
You can say the same for khabib. He only had 1 tough fight, and that was a roided tibau

Why wouldn't GSP wrestle Khabib?? He's out wrestled ever wrestler he's faced, which is what set him apart.

Usman and Colby fought a stand up fight because they both respected the other ones wrestling.

GSP isn't someone who allows his opponents strengths to dictate the fight.
We have to see how the fight goes. For instance when he faced Koschek second time he didnt wrestle him.

Khabib will choke GSP out.
Little bit drink water then he will choke the next one out.

In his prime I feel like GSP could have been a huge problem for Khabib keeping it standing and lighting him up with his slick jab but now? I mean I'm still interested in the fight but I have a feeling Khabib is too hungry and doesn't have the mileage GSP does.

Yeah but, didn't Khabib get into some fights where he got takedowns but the dude manages to get up like 15 times or whatever in one fight? I'm a Khabib fan, I'm just trying to figure out who is more efficient at keeping someone grounded.

trujillo, Khabibs top control once wasn’t the best or at least used another strategy, now he’s another beast

LOL Gary Tonon is fighting bums out in Singapore WHAT are you taking about?

I’m sorry the truth hurts kiddo, but BJJ rules have been tweaked to make more eventful/entertaining matches to attract casuals with short attention spans like you.

Let me ask you a question: How many of these new age leg lock spammers do you see winning belts?

Stipe - Wrestler

Jones - Wrestler

Usman - Wrestler

Khabib - Wrestler

Cejudo - Wrestler

It’s not that hard man, BJJ is no longer a serious feeder program to MMA for a reason.

<JonesLaugh>

A BJJ base might be the most beatable style of mma when you get to the top 1-4 ranked fighter of each division. Unless they developed striking like Werdum or have power like Jacare, most are very limited. Typically their takedowns and striking are subpar.

A BJJ base might be the most beatable style of mma when you get to the top 1-4 ranked fighter of each division. Unless they developed striking like Werdum or have power like Jacare, most are very limited. Typically their takedowns and striking are subpar.

The thing is BJJ used to be a grittier and much more grueling sport.

Which is exactly why guys like Arona, Jacare, Werdum, etc. used to spend much of their time on Judo/Wrestling mats to compliment their BJJ. It’s also why you had a lot of crossover high level MMA athletes like the ones I just named.

It used to be all about Top Control along with heavy pressure.

Now a days the entire sport is just guys flopping to their backs or butt scooting because they don’t want to surrender points to takedowns... imagine guys WANTING to fight off their backs smh... ridiculous

<{Joewithit}>

idiot TS banned lmao.

Reactions: HHJ

Who are these studs Khabib has done these amazing things to on the ground? What's his best win? And the ground and grappling of that opponent was???

Well you tell me?

That was obviously khabib's plan to keep letting him get up only to drag him back down and start over. He won that fight with minimal effort,and mentally broke that guy

The thing is BJJ used to be a grittier and much more grueling sport.

Which is exactly why guys like Arona, Jacare, Werdum, etc. used to spend much of their time on Judo/Wrestling mats to compliment their BJJ. It’s also why you had a lot of crossover high level MMA athletes like the ones I just named.

It used to be all about Top Control along with heavy pressure.

Now a days the entire sport is just guys flopping to their backs or butt scooting because they don’t want to surrender points to takedowns... imagine guys WANTING to fight off their backs smh... ridiculous

<{Joewithit}>

The butt scoot was an mma staple in the late 90’s and early 2000’s, haha

But I do get your point.

Back