GSP told by Dana White that Bisping fight may still be on! WTF

I feel like GSP vs Bisping isn't wanted by the fans. Dana wanted it to be a big deal but it's just not. We all see through the smoke screen and there is no real buzz surrounding this fight. It's more bitterness
Maybe to the harcore on sherdog, sure. But to the casual you market gsp coming back in a title fight they will eat it up. And he casuals are more important right now to UFC and co

I feel like GSP vs Bisping isn't wanted by the fans. Dana wanted it to be a big deal but it's just not. We all see through the smoke screen and there is no real buzz surrounding this fight. It's more bitterness

GSP/Bisping certainly is not wanted by real MMA fans, but you can bet the UFC press machine will hype the shit out of the fight to the extent that all the casual fans who paid to watch Conor/Diaz TWICE will lap it up like it's the fight of the century. Stupid pricks.

Poor middleweight and its all Rockhold fault.

Yeah stupid Rockhold bet he wishes he didn't let his guard down.

But in fairness, not entirely Rockhold's fault, mainly new world order fan-pandering dollar-chasing UFC's fault for coming up with such a ridiculous idea.

Good. Can't waste their prized jewel on inconsequential low profile matches. GSP going for MW belt against beatable Bisping is the money fight. New owners have debt payments to make Cha ching!

It'll probably lead to GSP vs Anderson Silva.

What assuming GSP beats Bisping he will inexplicably face Anderson? What is this a merry jog down memory lane for reasons of... pure nostalgia? How in god's name would Anderson ever deserve an immediate title shot should GSP beat Bisping? Well I'm genuinely asking, but I wouldn't actually put it past the UFC to try and set this up. Would be bullshit though of course we all know that.

What makes you think that?
He's been granting more favors to fighters than he did under zuffa. Conor/tj/gsp.... just to name a few.

Titles aren't being defended, and matchmaking has taken a nosedive.

the explanation is simple

mma matchmaking is like the stockmarket

All I know is , goerge was bored at 170, I want to see him @ 185 or not at all

GSP doesn't wanna fight, he's been teasing a comeback for years, I'm sure he'll find another excuse not to fight after his eye is better.

It is apparently obvious that Dana White doesn't have the final say about what happens in the UFC.

He didn't want the MayMac fight. The owners told him to make it happen. He didn't want Chris Weidman to fight in UFC205, Lorenzo said "make it happen." He didn't want to sell the UFC, the Fertitas said "make it happen." He hired his friends Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes, WME told him "get these overpaid bums out of here."

There are plenty of examples of Dana White's decisions being overruled and overturned by the powers that be in the UFC.

Great job putting it all together there, champ.
<seedat>

But really, dickish semi-sarcasm aside, this has been known for awhile for people who use critical thinking. Some want to believe that he's the man when he's largely a figurehead. It showed when Tito first returned, Georges himself said "I talked to Lorenzo. He's the boss." and pointed out that Dana is the promoter. He was against TUF... fuckin somebody else BOUGHT the UFC! etc. He's basically a front man/fall guy. Maybe you could call him the owners' muscle.

It is apparently obvious that Dana White doesn't have the final say about what happens in the UFC.

He didn't want the MayMac fight. The owners told him to make it happen. He didn't want Chris Weidman to fight in UFC205, Lorenzo said "make it happen." He didn't want to sell the UFC, the Fertitas said "make it happen." He hired his friends Chuck Liddell and Matt Hughes, WME told him "get these overpaid bums out of here."

There are plenty of examples of Dana White's decisions being overruled and overturned by the powers that be in the UFC.

Pretty sure he didn't want to do TUF1 and Lorenzo and Frank overruled him.

Bisping should fight Hendo again. Winner fights Matt Hamil.

GSP vs Bisping would be lovely. Both of the guys deserve the fight and it is pretty much the only big fight in the MW that GSP has a chance to win.

Then, let me guess, automatically, Bisping's knee isn't as bad as we thought and he'll be healthy enough to fight GSP at the earliest convenience

Funny how GSP can call the shots, but a guy with 10 title defenses can't.
I agree MM should get better treatment, but I don't see how GSP is calling any shots here other than he said from the beginning he was injured and would not be able to fight until the fall and that he wanted Bisping. It's up to the UFC if they want that fight or not. As long as Bisping is injured also why the fuck not?
GSP doesn't wanna fight, he's been teasing a comeback for years, I'm sure he'll find another excuse not to fight after his eye is better.
If he is injured how the fuck is that an excuse? Has he said he could have avoided the injury but said, "Fuck it," and just let it happen?
And if it isn't an excuse, why would he need "another" one?

Back