GSP teaching People how to win a street fight

Yeah you don’t know shit. One its not a fucking martial Art. Its a self defence method. And it is extremely viable in a street fight situation. In fact as a Bouncer besides a Basic hip Throw or Ō goshi. I found the techniques best for annihilating my opponents. If we meet in a “Streetfight” ie no rules and you shape up to box or try and wrestle with me your fucked. KM is not about winning a fight it is about disabling and hurting your opponents so badly and quickly there is no fight.

smdh what a fucking stupid thing to say.
Did you have to register your hands at the police station though

In street fight without weapons, all about grappling and striking vulnerable areas.

Problem is tons of street fights involve thugs who will have a knife.

Everything I've read about knife fights is they never end well. Unless you're some kind of marine that killed people in war with knives in close combat, odds are you won't come out of such a fight unscathed.

My policy is to run when someone pulls a knife. All these moves about grabbing the hand that holds the knife are too risky imo. Could work. Or the guy could react aggressively and somehow slash or stab you. Too risky.

Also never underestimste the fear factor. I had a knife pulled on me when I was a teen by a aggressive chechen in the streets. Believe me you can't do Jack shit at this point.

This.
I'm no coward, I had fights and I didn't back down even 5 or 6 against me (got beaten up badly of course, I'm a dad bodied 175cm shrink with t-rex arms), but the second a guy pulled his knife out at me I threw my phone at him and ran the fuck outta there.

Was this in Russia or some other country?
How did it go sherbro?

No, was in Western Europe.
Guy had a knife at my throat and I was pushed against a wall.
Thankfully he had someone with him that said "calm down, let him go", and he did.
I was completely paralysed and at the guy's mercy tbh, it was horrible feeling.

Funny thing is I went to the police after, reported the guy, and he was caught by a patrol.
Apparently he was robbing people in the entire neighborhood and was known.

No, was in Western Europe.
Guy had a knife at my throat and I was pushed against a wall.
Thankfully he had someone with him that said "calm down, let him go", and he did.
I was completely paralysed and at the guy's mercy tbh, it was horrible feeling.

Funny thing is I went to the police after, reported the guy, and he was caught by a patrol.
Apparently he was robbing people in the entire neighborhood and was known.
Austria or France? I know these 2 countries have Chechen immigrants.

Wss it take them down and hold him till the police comes

Street Fights Ha. Khabib wrestled bears in the woods, in their environment.

This.
I'm no coward, I had fights and I didn't back down even 5 or 6 against me (got beaten up badly of course, I'm a dad bodied 175cm shrink with t-rex arms), but the second a guy pulled his knife out at me I threw my phone at him and ran the fuck outta there.
It's you Bro ?!?!

Wss it take them down and hold him till the police comes
Exactly!!
0uMnXk.gif

Yeah you don’t know shit. One its not a fucking martial Art. Its a self defence method. And it is extremely viable in a street fight situation. In fact as a Bouncer besides a Basic hip Throw or Ō goshi. I found the techniques best for annihilating my opponents. If we meet in a “Streetfight” ie no rules and you shape up to box or try and wrestle with me your fucked. KM is not about winning a fight it is about disabling and hurting your opponents so badly and quickly there is no fight.

smdh what a fucking stupid thing to say.
Okay buddy HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Best defence against knife attack is wearing chainmail under your shirt (archaic vest for archaic weapon)
and a good pair of running shoes
I’m not recommending fighting someone with a knife I’m just saying if someone was on you trying to stab you to death with a knife and you have absolutely no option to run or disengage. The main thing seems to be 2 on 1 the knife. It almost becomes a grappling match with a new objective which is to control the arm

I like gsp but “when someone has a knife you want to be close” made me close the video. I understand what he’s trying to say but the video comes across as bullshido. Also if you want to see what you would do verse an attacker with a knife, watch Jon Fitch wrestle with an electric knife. I studied that video like the gospel (lot of crack heads in my area)

my takeaways
- you probably lose every time so don’t fight someone with a knife lol
- if you HAVE to fight someone with a knife, it’s 2 on 1 grip at ALL times and you have to go positions where he has to start contesting the knife control more so than scramble, with the 2 on 1 like turtle if he’s on top or knee on belly if you are.
He still gets cut ALOT so the main lesson is you die.
My Ju jitsu training included running from a knife attack. Also getting thrown to the hard ground, and getting up to run. In Arnis we trained to step in past the end of the bat(the dangerous part).

In street fight without weapons, all about grappling and striking vulnerable areas.

Problem is tons of street fights involve thugs who will have a knife.

Everything I've read about knife fights is they never end well. Unless you're some kind of marine that killed people in war with knives in close combat, odds are you won't come out of such a fight unscathed.

My policy is to run when someone pulls a knife. All these moves about grabbing the hand that holds the knife are too risky imo. Could work. Or the guy could react aggressively and somehow slash or stab you. Too risky.

Also never underestimste the fear factor. I had a knife pulled on me when I was a teen by a aggressive chechen in the streets. Believe me you can't do Jack shit at this point.
By no means do I think you live if someone pulls a knife with intent to stab you do you have a chance. I’m talking absolute worse case scenario (you wake up with a guy standing over you with a knife or something) I took a lot more understanding of how fighting someone with a knife would go down watching Jon Fitch wrestle with an electric knife, than any Krav Maga video I’ve ever seen. At least in the Jon Fitch video he clearly gets cut to absolute fucking shit

My Ju jitsu training included running from a knife attack. Also getting thrown to the hard ground, and getting up to run. In Arnis we trained to step in past the end of the bat(the dangerous part).
Again, not recommending fighting someone with a knife at all. I even went to a gym where a jeet kun do trainer would come in and teach weapon defense and I just didn’t show up on those days. I just enjoyed the video because it’a a lifelike representation on what would happen with a knife in a close quarters match (ITS NOT GOOD)

Most martial arts that teach defense to weapons seem to really forget that your opponent fights back ahahhahns

Wrestle fuck wrestle fuck wrestle fuck till the police show up

Wrestle fuck wrestle fuck wrestle fuck till the police show up
In a one on one situation against the untrained, once it hits the ground it’s not even a fight anymore. My biggest fear is hitting the takedown in a fight and realising I’ve just ended up in a black belts guard. Trying to apologise while he omoplatas me lol

No one here has been in a street fight, we haven't left our respective basements in decades so it's impossible.

No one here has been in a street fight, we haven't left our respective basements in decades so it's impossible.
you know that professional Fighters are part of that community right?!

Back