GSP super sets training

kumite_tom

∀ƜƜ
Reaction score

Iv found a video of gsp doing super sets. I was thinking about doing them midday before my mma/thai class in the evening.

from what i picked up on the video he does:

all exercises are 10 reps and each set is done 3 times.

set one (for chest)
- bench press
- press up with ball
- dumbbell flies
- bent over row

set two (for legs)
- squat
- lunges
- ab crunch with ball
- jumping squat

set three (for back and abs)
- rotating back crunch
- elbow to knee crunch
- dumbbell row
- ab crunch on ball

set four (for shoulder and arms)
- dumbbell shoulder press
- clean and jerk
- biceps curl
- triceps extensions

i just wanted to know if you do all of these in one workout or over difference days. because when i have weight trained in the past there have been separate days for chest and then legs for example (to allow muscles to recover). or is this plan to do in one session?

reply soon i wanna hit the gym :icon_chee
forgive the exercise names i wasn't sure of some of them

what are your goals? Something like that would be done for muscle endurance not max strength/power.

that video is extremely old and i guarentee that georges' program today looks nothing like that. that stuff might be fine for a novice or amateur, but it looks like it was written by a high-schooler.

Looks more like a conditioning routine.

answer drbdan and he'll give you some great advice. also read the faq for the forum because a lot of people way stronger than me put a lot of work into this forum and there's a ton of knowledge to be gained.

Forbidden Topics!!!!

"How does [insert fighter] train" type threads - Forbidden for three reasons: 1) Many fighters succeed in spite of their training not because of it. 2) An elite fighter's routine will differ on a fundamental level from yours because of experience. 3) Even if the fighter is at your level of lifting experience, and age, and skill, there are still many other factors that would make your routine different (personal weaknesses, muscle imbalances, periodization etc.)

What you see on youtube and how GSP really trains is completely 2 different things.

If you adopt that routine I think you will get a sick body just like gsp and your fighting skills will improve by about 18%

Forbidden Topics!!!!

"How does [insert fighter] train" type threads - Forbidden for three reasons: 1) Many fighters succeed in spite of their training not because of it. 2) An elite fighter's routine will differ on a fundamental level from yours because of experience. 3) Even if the fighter is at your level of lifting experience, and age, and skill, there are still many other factors that would make your routine different (personal weaknesses, muscle imbalances, periodization etc.)

He wasn't asking how GSP trains, merely posting a video. Thanks, forum police.

GSP looks much smaller in that video.

He wasn't asking how GSP trains, merely posting a video. Thanks, forum police.

GSP looks much smaller in that video.

i just wanted to know if you do all of these in one workout or over difference days. because when i have weight trained in the past there have been separate days for chest and then legs for example (to allow muscles to recover). or is this plan to do in one session?

reply soon i wanna hit the gym :icon_chee
forgive the exercise names i wasn't sure of some of them

Sure doesn't sound like he is just posting a video. Thanks for stopping by.

Back