GSP Strength training

dfoster

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Brief demo of GSP's strength workout. I thought that was pretty good that they couple a strength exercise with a plyometrics exercise. GSP is even stronger and more explosive than I thought. They also have Denis Kang and David Loiseau in the last half of the video.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aClZxAfsJ7M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aClZxAfsJ7M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

this is a cool vid but was posted a few weeks ago here.

oops, sorry. For some reason it didn't show up in the search. :redface:

I ahve to write it again: This is a really good video which imho shows proper athletic strength training at its best.

I thought compound lifts build power? >.>

Upto a certain level strength training helps your power, but an elite level athlete like GSP is not going to train using a beginner routine that can be found in the FAQ.

Compound lifts are used but working for strength and power use different methods, ie power = lower weight that you attempt to lift at high speed. Max strength = slower lifts and more weight

They do man, it's all about how they use them. If you do a "compound lift" for 100 reps you're not gonna build strength or power, yet you're still doing a "compound lift."

Tonight was chins night so I was thinking about how I could mimic that med ball slam without forking out fifty quid on a med ball. Found an old car tyre in the garage, picked it up by the rim, and started whacking the ground with it. worked a charm. Better grip work too.

Tonight was chins night so I was thinking about how I could mimic that med ball slam without forking out fifty quid on a med ball. Found an old car tyre in the garage, picked it up by the rim, and started whacking the ground with it. worked a charm. Better grip work too.

You could use a rock.

100 pound weight chin ups looks hard wow

Jesus, you weren't kidding about those hurdles.

Back