GSP Showing Much Respect to BJ Penn

Are all penn fanboys delusional and ignorant? According to that logic penn's "leg lock" (maybe they meant closed guard but didn't know what they were talking about) , anyway, his "leg lock" didn't work because what, GSP greased penn's legs between rounds? Penn gets his ass kicked, he wasn't motivated, the other guy greased him between rounds, he ate too many burritos, he sat on the beach... bj's fans are almost as funny as bj getting his ass kicked.

If it was so obvious and there wasn't any doubt then why did the commission cleared GSP and his camp of any wrongdoing?

LOL. Right, I forgot... the commission that never makes bad decisions. The same commission that said out loud in the Nick Diaz hearing when he plead the 5th degree to their line of questioning that they were just going to assume all of his responses were in the affirmative.

He's also not he only member of Jackson Wink to be accused of greasing. Their team has been accused of greasing about 12-15 times. Even someone who has never fought GSP, and was helping him prepare for Penn (Kenny Florian) warned Penn that GSP might grease in their fight.

GSP considers BJ Penn the 2nd best WW of all time, skill wise, next to himself.

In a recent interview with Bloody Elbow, “Rush” went over various topics from a rematch with Nick Diaz, to his thoughts on Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor.

A couple questions came up about GSP’s past opponents. Rush was asked who he considered his toughest opponent.

“Penn and Condit,” St-Pierre said. “Condit hurt me the most, and then it was mentally a challenge, and Penn also hurt me. People think Hendricks was the toughest, but against Hendricks I was emotionally hurt, that’s what showed on my face. The next day physically I was fine. Against Hendricks I felt I was against the system. I felt the system was corrupted against me, like Dana White was for some reason against me, and I didn’t understand why; I was not trying to put the UFC down, but to bring ‘em up. When I spoke before the fight I wanted to help the sport, I wanted to help the UFC, so that’s what showed, what was emotionally, mentally in my head. I felt the system was against me and I didn’t understand why.”

When asked about who he considers the best welterweight of all time next to himself, there was only one fighter’s name that “Rush” mentioned twice.

“Hughes or Penn,” St-Pierre answered. “BJ, when he was a welterweight is probably the most talented, when he was trying. Unfortunately, he was inconsistent, not a hard worker.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/geor...st-opponent-considers-best-welterweight-next/
HAHAHA

EMOTIONALLY HURT?!

Its not that relevant in a career perspective, if u look back and remember how AVERAGE Serra made GSP look... and how "serious" and "hard worker" Bj is ...
GSP is calling it in an overall view ... and when he says "Unfortunately, he was inconsistent, not a hard worker.”, he is obviously considering these moments and fights from Penn, like Diaz fight...
But i guess u r the kind of guy, with the kind of view like "Oh, Anderson Silva cant be in a Goat discussion, Ryo Chonan made him look pretty average back in PRIDE" ...
naw man i get what youre saying and im not one of "those guys" I was just saying he looked average is all.

By losing the first round?? The only fresh round for out of shape BJ...

Sure guy
You do realize that youre defending a guy who you admit has only one good round in him in a WW fight...youre only reinforcing my stance on this.

GSP considers BJ Penn the 2nd best WW of all time, skill wise, next to himself.

In a recent interview with Bloody Elbow, “Rush” went over various topics from a rematch with Nick Diaz, to his thoughts on Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor.

A couple questions came up about GSP’s past opponents. Rush was asked who he considered his toughest opponent.

“Penn and Condit,” St-Pierre said. “Condit hurt me the most, and then it was mentally a challenge, and Penn also hurt me. People think Hendricks was the toughest, but against Hendricks I was emotionally hurt, that’s what showed on my face. The next day physically I was fine. Against Hendricks I felt I was against the system. I felt the system was corrupted against me, like Dana White was for some reason against me, and I didn’t understand why; I was not trying to put the UFC down, but to bring ‘em up. When I spoke before the fight I wanted to help the sport, I wanted to help the UFC, so that’s what showed, what was emotionally, mentally in my head. I felt the system was against me and I didn’t understand why.”

When asked about who he considers the best welterweight of all time next to himself, there was only one fighter’s name that “Rush” mentioned twice.

“Hughes or Penn,” St-Pierre answered. “BJ, when he was a welterweight is probably the most talented, when he was trying. Unfortunately, he was inconsistent, not a hard worker.”

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/geor...st-opponent-considers-best-welterweight-next/

I can see what GSP means here.

Look at the first rounds of Penn-Fitch and Penn-Diaz.

BJ won those rounds while giving away huge advantages in weight & size.

Then he gassed and got mashed by both, but his technical & physical prowess at ww was shown.

agree 100%. but he was lazy as fuck which GSP also mentioned. I remember he quit like two top notch S&C coaches because they were too hard on him. Well results showed.

BJ coulda been the greatest easily IMO. Still very good.

I've come to understand GSP isn't smart like I used to think. He trains and fights smart, but he believes and says some pretty retarded shit.

Oh boohoo, was the system against you Georges? Why? Because the fight didn't happen in Montreal? Because you weren't allowed to come in over weight? Because you weren't allowed to grease? What a joke.
Not even a gsp fan but he's talking about with drug testing. He was advocating it & Dana was saying it would be impossible to test all the fighters that often & Hendricks was allowed to make excuses for not accepting Wada & a whole bunch of other bullshit.

BJ might be the most naturally talented fighter ever but his ego and laziness totally wrecked his chances of possibly being the greatest ever. If he just stayed at 155 and maintained the same level of dedication he had as when he was with the Marinoviches which btw is the same level GSP maintained his entire career he wouldve been one of the GOATS for sure. But he could only do that for a couple of camps and he admitted it was just too hard for him to do mentally.

BJ might be the most naturally talented fighter ever but his ego and laziness totally wrecked his chances of possibly being the greatest ever. If he just stayed at 155 and maintained the same level of dedication he had as when he was with the Marinoviches which btw is the same level GSP maintained his entire career he wouldve been one of the GOATS for sure. But he could only do that for a couple of camps and he admitted it was just too hard for him to do mentally.
I also think, later in his career, when the game caught up to him, he didn't have what it took to push his training to the next level to continue to dominate. He never had to do that to get to the top, so didn't know how to do it to stay there.

Motivated BJ Penn with needle marks would be something else!

Oh boohoo, was the system against you Georges? Why? Because the fight didn't happen in Montreal? Because you weren't allowed to come in over weight? Because you weren't allowed to grease? What a joke.

You say things that he didn't say and then call these things a joke.

Do you understand how making an argument works? It's not inventing things from thin air.

For all we know, none of the reasons you gave is what he meant. He probably meant because Dana threw him under the bus after the fight (also the belt incident and the way they tried to stop him from going to the conference). Or probably the way Dana didn't take seriously the drug testing.

Sorry for the interruption. Now you can keep being a hater, make sh*t up and be pissed about the things you made up.

Last edited:
We all know BJ Penn not nearly as highly touted as he should be, due to him not giving a fuck about training like a champion.

Too bad. So many guys would have killed to have the natural talent Penn had.

I've come to understand GSP isn't smart like I used to think. He trains and fights smart, but he believes and says some pretty retarded shit.

I thought it was pretty common to think that BJ Penn was one of the most talented fighter ever, but he had poor work ethic.

Oh well...

Do you understand how making an argument works? It's not inventing things from thin air.

Are you sure about that? I think it's allowed. I'm going to check and see, but I'm pretty sure it's valid.

BJ Penn deserves all the respect despite his recent performance and IV drama.

Back