GSP says ufc fighters are not invincible in a street fight

A pro MMA fighter has the 90% advantage simply by having superb cardio, and the ability to take punishment compared to your average thug.

We don’t even have to get into superior hand-eye coordination and general dexterity + techniques. It’s obvious pro fighters aren’t 100% immune to losing but they will win 9/10 times.

I think 9/10 is very generous to the casuals.

I think 9/10 is very generous to the casuals.

Pretty much this...

A random joe on the street Has a punchers chance or a weapons chance outside of that his getting his ass kicked if it is 1v1

A pro MMA fighter has the 90% advantage simply by having superb cardio, and the ability to take punishment compared to your average thug.

We don’t even have to get into superior hand-eye coordination and general dexterity + techniques. It’s obvious pro fighters aren’t 100% immune to losing but they will win 9/10 times.
Street fights is about speed, not about time. Cardio isn't a big issue, it's more about finishing ability in a street fight. You are not planning on dancing around trying to score points. That's why finishing ability is better suited for street fights. So pro fighters that don't have finishing ability wouldn't do well in street fight situations. Like Jason Knight in the bathroom stall. Danis in all his street fights, etc. There is a reason why Danis has lost every street fight he's been involved in.

Yeah in street fighter man can get hadouken'd

Street fights is about speed, not about time. Cardio isn't a big issue, it's more about finishing ability in a street fight. You are not planning on dancing around trying to score points. That's why finishing ability is better suited for street fights. So pro fighters that don't have finishing ability wouldn't do well in street fight situations.

Finishing another pro fighter who trains and is used to getting hit is a lot different than some random wannabe tough guy who's never been hit by a trained fighter. I do agree cardio usually isn't a factor in a street fight, but it can be, and likely isn't a concern for the fighter either way.

The biggest factors that can/do hinder fighters in a street fight are hair pulling, clothes grabbing, chairs, tables, weapons, and more than one person getting involved.

Yeah in street fighter man can get hadouken'd
Ryu was king of the street fighters. Dude traveled the world just to pick street fights with high level fighters lol.

I think that's only an issue if you're in a Mad Max movie.
pipoca%2Bestourando.gif

images

images

have you ever been to a punk bar?! I already went with a girlfriend who was from that group and it was the worst decision of my life, they have some cool and scary toys.

Good thing I didn't fight anyone in that shitty bar.

Finishing another pro fighter who trains and is used to getting hit is a lot different than some random wannabe tough guy who's never been hit by a trained fighter. I do agree cardio usually isn't a factor in a street fight, but it can be, and likely isn't a concern for the fighter either way.

The biggest factors that can/do hinder fighters in a street fight are hair pulling, clothes grabbing, chairs, tables, weapons, and more than one person getting involved.
You think everyone is a wannabe tough guy, assumptions like that on the streets is what will cause people to underestimate people in the streets. You have no idea what peoples backgrounds/training is in real life combat situations.

They prob know more combos and have more HPs but I havent seen a single UFC fighter use an energy attack

No unarmed fighter is a match for Tarbash, the 36th level Egyptian Magician. He would touch them with teh slow followed by meteor swarm before he punches himself in the chest and disappears into the crowd.

You think everyone is a wannabe tough guy, assumptions like that on the streets is what will cause people to underestimate people in the streets. You have no idea what peoples backgrounds/training is in real life combat situations.

I don't assume that, I was just expressing that a pro fighter you deem to not have finishing ability against other pro fighters can likely knock out average people fairly easily, compared to their pro competition.

In one on one hand to hand combat maybe, depending on the fighting style of said pro fighter. But You need more than just hand to hand combat knowledge/experience in real combat away from sport rules. How many pro fighters have weapons training? Not many. How many have actual situational awareness in a group setting? Not many.

GSP said nothing but facts. People still confuse real life combat situations (street) with sport. It's not the same. Many pros whole fight experience/knowledge/training is strictly for sport.

No if buts or maybes here sir. Any pro fighter has an advantage over anyone else when it comes to street fighting. There haven't been any nuke bombs, bioweapon attacks or machine guns used in any street fights I've been in or seen so I don't know how being aware of them would heighten your chances of winning.

Ryan Hall chokes out guy in restaurant.
BJ Penn gets KO'd by fat dude in the street.
Dillon Danis (although not UFC) gets RNC'd by a security guard.

He's right. All the training goes out the window if your opponent attacks with a knife/gun. There is also the possibility of their friends joining in.

Anything can happen in a street fight. You might accidentally run into a tough king™ who watches UFC® online and posts on sherdog© and is 6'5 278 of solid jacked muscles with sub 7% who might start some shit if you don't autograph his hotdog brander.

...or you might get sucker punched from behind and jumped on a by a group of idiots, like that teammate of Adesanya's who got murdered by a group of assholes while he was waiting for a cab.

Last edited:
I mean Obvious is Obvious...

Still the Odds heavily favor the trained...
I carry a mouthguard on me at all time,
and during the winter my gloves have brass knuckles.

H03e5382b2ef743e3a22611927d1f4ebdH.jpg

I carry a mouthguard on me at all time,
and during the winter my gloves have brass knuckles.

H03e5382b2ef743e3a22611927d1f4ebdH.jpg

Right on bruh - I sport a similar pair!

<RomeroSalute>

Be Prepared - That's the Boyscots Solem Motto!

Back