GSP says ufc fighters are not invincible in a street fight

I mean Obvious is Obvious...

Still the Odds heavily favor the trained...

It's different when there are no rules, you're fully clothed, surrounded by weird/unusual shit, against the elements, and the floor is concrete.

That said, actual fighters have an outrageous advantage in a 1 on 1 situation, without weapons. I think that's pretty obvious.

A pro MMA fighter has the 90% advantage simply by having superb cardio, and the ability to take punishment compared to your average thug.

We don’t even have to get into superior hand-eye coordination and general dexterity + techniques. It’s obvious pro fighters aren’t 100% immune to losing but they will win 9/10 times.

No fighters aren't invincible but everything a civilian can do the pro fighter can do it better. I'd feel sorry for the poor bloke who picks a fight with Jon Jones and gets his eyes ripped out.

Fighters like gsp would be in trouble in street fight, wrestling isnt allowed or else you would get jumped for holding on too long.francis or gane would be king in street fights

No fighters aren't invincible but everything a civilian can do the pro fighter can do it better. I'd feel sorry for the poor bloke who picks a fight with Jon Jones and gets his eyes ripped out.

uma-thurman-pull-eye-out.gif

I'm probably the only one that thinks this, but in a street fight anything can happen, but being a professional fighter increases your chances of winning.

Besides you never know what someone may be carrying...

Best to avoid social conflict imo....

Very unlikely I could beat any UFC fighters in a "fair" street fight. But if I aim for their eyes with my phalanges fully extended, go for the testicles, and utilize small joint manipulations, who knows?

Nobody is invincible in a street fight but odds are on your side if you're a pro fighter.
In one on one hand to hand combat maybe, depending on the fighting style of said pro fighter. But You need more than just hand to hand combat knowledge/experience in real combat away from sport rules. How many pro fighters have weapons training? Not many. How many have actual situational awareness in a group setting? Not many.

GSP said nothing but facts. People still confuse real life combat situations (street) with sport. It's not the same. Many pros whole fight experience/knowledge/training is strictly for sport.

Nobody is. Street situations are uncontrolled environments which makes them very unpredictable.
That's why situational awareness is key. Knowing what to look for and how to spot signs of attack or planned attack. Something most pro fighters don't have the knowledge/skillset of. They train to focus on one fighter within a set rule set. Not the variables that come from live environments. Unless they have protection security experience or other type of security/law enforcement/military training/experience they will lack situational awareness in those type of situations.

images

yes on the street it's different, if you fight a guy who wears a Jacket like this you can't use Grappling.
That's true, people like those cut people up in fights. That's why they are banned in venues. A lot try to wear it for the hardcore punk shows for the mosh pit fights.

Back