GSP says his toughest fight ever was against...

I love when cuts and bruises become part of the scoring criteria.

Uh no. Even with round by round scoring, he should’ve lost. Hendricks was more effective and inflicted more damage in the 1st round.

You can see upthread I though Hendricks had won, watching the fight at the time.

It is fair to think Hendricks won round 1 if you think 'damage' is the key factor in a round. But you have to acknowledge that judges in this sport do not always rank damage at the top of their criteria. We often see things like a TD seem to rank higher. There are many factors they consider and GSP was leading in many of them.

So while you can say 'it is your opinion that damage should have been the deciding factor in Rd 1 to tip the fight to Hendricks' and that is fair FOR YOU, what you cannot say is that the judges have to agree and cannot focus on other factors. What you also cannot say is that this fight was any kind of robbery when it comes down to one sole aspect in one singular round being the deciding factor such as 'do you rank damage, over volume and other factors or vice versa' as it came down to for the judges. That very question shows how close any decision would have been even had Hendricks got the nod.

Hendricks blew that fight plain and simple by coasting with his head in GSP's crotch in round 5 and letting him get that round. Had he run through the finish line he would have won but he gave it away. It was not stolen.

336_Georges_St_Pierre_vs_Johny_Hendricks_gallery_post.0.0.jpg

jgCr49H.jpg

This is why, I can't respect GSP....The dude is full of shit...We all know Hendricks kicked his ass and was his toughest opponent...Perhaps Hendricks wasn't as skilled as BJ and he didn't land a great head kick as Condit, but Hendricks was a way worse match up for him than all other fighters he ever faced...Also Hendricks was way more durable than bisping.

GSP comes off as a sore loser, even though he won, it just seems that he doesn't want to give hendricks any credit because fans might think that he is admitting that Hendricks won, which most MMA media/Fans think.

I know people are gonna say "but but Hendricks was on roids"...There is no prove, and also LMFAO if you think GSP was natty.
giphy.gif

GSP doesn't give respect to Hendricks because Hendricks turned down additional steroid testing for their fight. It is very clear as to why Hendricks declined, as when the new testing came into effect, Hendricks career went to shit.

I'd agree with him. I really wish BJ Penn was more athletic at 170.

And Overeem wore a drug free t-shirt. You can believe what you want. It's damn obvious though. Most guys don't get caught.

lol @ assuming WADA would risk their entire business to cheat for GSP.

And the funny thing that people don't seem to get is that if GSP didn't win, it was a draw at worst. In which case he still keeps the belt and Hendricks fans still get butt hurt over it.
There seeems to be a tendency for people to say well Hendricks won his rounds doing more damage, or did more damage over the course of the fight. Look at their faces etc.

Thing is, none of that matters at all. He didn't get any 10/8 rounds, and this isn't pride wher overall damage is a factor.

Last edited:
Read my sig.

6IdKozW.gif

Back