GSP retirement timing had nothing to do with steroids.

Wooting

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He lost interest in fighting, for all the sheep that keep flocking to him possibly roiding, they clearly didnt keep up with MMA during his reign, or pay attention. He stated multiple times in interviews he had no heart for constantly fighting, even before the Nick fight he said its the first time in a while he was *motivated* because Nick was a bully harassing him. He just didnt care anymore.

NSAC had started springing random tests on fighters before he retired. The writing was on the wall that testing was becoming more serious. Overeem was caught with a random test in April 2012, and GSP's last fight was late 2013.

Oh man if only GSP had addressed the reasons for his retirement....oh wait he did.

yeah he looked shit against hendricks and what happened to johnny after USADA came in? GSP wasnt on anything

He lost interest in fighting, for all the sheep that keep flocking to him possibly roiding, they clearly didnt keep up with MMA during his reign, or pay attention. He stated multiple times in interviews he had no heart for constantly fighting, even before the Nick fight he said its the first time in a while he was *motivated* because Nick was a bully harassing him. He just didnt care anymore.[/QUOTE

I think it was because of the constant harassment from challengers that got to GSP...not the roids.

GSP wanted some time off. He obviously had a lot going on. Things were getting to him on a personal level.

But I'm pretty sure it is the post-fight press conference that made him retire. Dana f'n White...

He lost interest in fighting, for all the sheep that keep flocking to him possibly roiding, they clearly didnt keep up with MMA during his reign, or pay attention. He stated multiple times in interviews he had no heart for constantly fighting, even before the Nick fight he said its the first time in a while he was *motivated* because Nick was a bully harassing him. He just didnt care anymore.

giphy.gif

GSP wanted some time off. He obviously had a lot going on. Things were getting to him on a personal level.

But I'm pretty sure it is the post-fight press conference that made him retire. Dana f'n White...
The way Dana turned on him was fucking gold.

Gsp had to go to the hospital he's so fucked up from the fight.

Gsp turns up to the press conference :eek:

My opinion is GSP was a perfectionist and the training got to him more than anything. He was successful because he was a bust ass worker, but it takes its toll. He wasn't afraid of steroid testing.

If this was really the case, why do you feel the need to defend him?

The way Dana turned on him was fucking gold.

Gsp had to go to the hospital he's so fucked up from the fight.

Gsp turns up to the press conference :eek:
Apparently he almost had to fight his way through UFC security to get there too :eek::eek:

How could we ever really know why he retired?

Nice we have only heard about this subject 9 million times and nobody can prove it one way or the other so why is it even up for discussion blows me away.

As far as I remember part of the reason GSP retired was because the tests weren't' strict enough. Now he is thinking about coming back because the tests are more strict. Lets not get things turned around here.

I hope GSP comes back. There will probably be less threads about him then.

I think it did

I think he wasn't happy because he thought someone else had something better and he was scared

Back