GSP past his prime?

Also put on queer street by Kampmann. Noble also hurt him badly on the feet.

Lawlar has been "put on queer street" in both his last two fights. You called Alves hittable and now you can only find two he has been rocked?

tumblr_m8ru0qwcvk1r7j293o1_2501.gif

There is just no quit in you.

giphy.gif

Lawlar has been "put on queer street" in both his last two fights. You called Alves hittable and now you can only find two he has been rocked?

Lol Fitch up kicked his head off. Hurt badly against Noble (worse than Lawler has been in his last 2 fights), hurt badly by Kampmann, and completely outstruck by GSP. Lawler is a better striker, deal with it.

Not necessarily.

Lawler hits hard, is durable as fuck, and versatile. His resume of KO's impresses me much more than Alves', which consists of guys that were good at WW many many years ago.

I don't see him being able to outstrike Lawler easily, especially since he's a southpaw with better boxing.

Maybe. Don't see Lawler being able to take the leg kicks for very long though. And despite what you say Alves has amazing defense against punches

Maybe. Don't see Lawler being able to take the leg kicks for very long though. And despite what you say Alves has amazing defense against punches

Have you forgotten about Manhoef/Lawler, my good sir?

Not necessarily.

Lawler hits hard, is durable as fuck, and versatile. His resume of KO's impresses me much more than Alves', which consists of guys that were good at WW many many years ago.

I don't see him being able to outstrike Lawler easily, especially since he's a southpaw with better boxing.
Hughes had just lost his title to GSP, how is that "years and years ago"?

Lol Fitch up kicked his head off. Hurt badly against Noble (worse than Lawler has been in his last 2 fights), hurt badly by Kampmann, and completely outstruck by GSP. Lawler is a better striker, deal with it.

So an upkick from the ground, a fight from 8 years ago and literally one strike?

200.gif

Hughes had just lost his title to GSP, how is that "years and years ago"?

Parisyan is irrelevant has been for quite some time now. Hughes was coming off of his 2nd loss to GSP and was outweighed by Alves. His Koscheck performance was arguably his best.

So an upkick from the ground, a fight from 8 years ago and literally one strike?

200.gif

It shows that you are hittable, along with other examples. Their careers aren't even comparable at the moment, as Lawler is the clear #2 while Alves is climbing back up the ranks against the likes of Seth Bascyzinski

Now wanna name all the times Lawler has been hurt. Lawler MAY be a better striker, but it would be because of his power NOT because of his defense. Lawler takes big strikes in most of his fights.

You lost all credibility when you said Lawler is a better striker then GSP was. This isn't kickboxing

And you are counting the up kick from Fitches back, really?

It shows that you are hittable, along with other examples. Their careers aren't even comparable at the moment, as Lawler is the clear #2 while Alves is climbing back up the ranks against the likes of Seth Bascyzinski

So if you ever got hit with a strike, you're hittable? Another solid point...

No one is debating who is having the more successful career at this point in time. Bringing that up means that either you're flailing, or you've lost track of conversation altogether.

Now wanna name all the times Lawler has been hurt. Lawler MAY be a better striker, but it would be because of his power NOT because of his defense. Lawler takes big strikes in most of his fights.

You lost all credibility when you said Lawler is a better striker then GSP was. This isn't kickboxing

And you are counting the up kick from Fitches back, really?

He is hit more because he is fighting better competition than Alves.

Lawler is technically a better striker than GSP, no doubt. GSP is better at mixing it up, which presents the threat of the takedown, which can freeze up most fighters.

It shows that he's hittable.

So if you ever got hit with a strike, you're hittable? Another solid point...

No one is debating who is having the more successful career at this point in time. Bringing that up means that either you're flailing, or you've lost track of conversation altogether.

I've just pointed out several examples of him being hit by strikes, so no, it's not just one strike.

Not at all. It's just pointless to compare 2 men that have fought different competition and were successful at 2 completely different points of time/their careers. IMO, Robbie has the resume and performances over better fighters to prove that he's a better striker than Alves. Alves is a good striker though and was effective at the time of the WW division, I'm not shitting on him.

I think it's impossible to look at GSP and believe he's the same fighter he was 5 years ago.

I think GSP hit his peak in his late 20's.

Pre ACL injury GSP beats them all decisively, he hasn't looked as dominant since coming back off that surgery. Heck he had trouble taking down Diaz ffs. That being said, curent GSP still beats them but in a more competitive fight.

I've just pointed out several examples of him being hit by strikes, so no, it's not just one strike.

Not at all. It's just pointless to compare 2 men that have fought different competition and were successful at 2 completely different points of time/their careers. IMO, Robbie has the resume and performances over better fighters to prove that he's a better striker than Alves. Alves is a good striker though and was effective at the time of the WW division, I'm not shitting on him.

The Fitch fight was one strike, the Kampmann fight was one strike and the Noble fight was 8 years ago.

It's also pointless to make a point about where 2 guys are at in their respective careers when you're talking about hittability (yes, that is a word I'm making up solely for this conversation).

He is hit more because he is fighting better competition than Alves.

Lawler is technically a better striker than GSP, no doubt. GSP is better at mixing it up, which presents the threat of the takedown, which can freeze up most fighters.

It shows that he's hittable.

Well "technically" Alves is a better striker then Lawler. "Technically" GSP is about as good as it gets at WW on the feet. Being technical doesn't make you a better strike, and if it did it certainly would not help your argument

Back