GSP past his prime?

GSP in his prime wouldn't spend the second round falling into a rope-a-dope before being gassed out for two rounds against Lawler.

In gsp prime he actually stood and fought. Only when Serra starched him he turned wrestling happy. Haven't seen robbie get grounded at welterweight. That was all at middle. Would have been a good fight.

GSP in his prime wouldn't spend the second round falling into a rope-a-dope before being gassed out for two rounds against Lawler.

Lawler is probably the worst possible match-up for GSP.

Iron chin, best striking at WW, ridiculous power, great takedown defense with an excellent ability to get back up to his feet...

GSP is really no threat to Lawler in any sort of way.

Lol no, he is not past his prime. It's a convenient excuse, but no. He doesn't even have 30 fights to his name and is one of the least hit champions in UFC history. WW is just tougher now, no more Fitch, Alves, or Hardy.

Iron chin, best striking at WW, ridiculous power, great takedown defense with an excellent ability to get back up to his feet...

Nailed it bro

ufc100gspalves6.gif

God, that was beautiful. One of the best examples of wrestling in MMA ever.

In gsp prime he actually stood and fought. Only when Serra starched him he turned wrestling happy. Haven't seen robbie get grounded at welterweight. That was all at middle. Would have been a good fight.

It was more a knock against Hendricks clearly getting sucked into Robbie's plan and then getting his ass kicked for two rounds.

Remind me how Hendricks won the fifth against Lawler again?

Lol no, he is not past his prime. It's a convenient excuse, but no. He doesn't even have 30 fights to his name and is one of the least hit champions in UFC history. WW is just tougher now, no more Fitch, Alves, or Hardy.

LOL 2009 Alves and prime Fitch would be top contenders today easily.

It's not like he had a really bad injury or anything.

Or this new guys are just that good? Seems like GSP will struggle against current top 10.

Are you an idiot ... You understand that he has already beaten 3 of the top 10 ... including the champ ... right ... wait ... i just got trolled ... nevermind ...

I still think he's in his prime but his mentality isn't if that makes any sense.

What does that have to do with falling into Robbie's rope-a-dope?

It's hard to put on that great of a performance when you are suffering from a pretty bad injury. He still hurt Robbie on the feet several times, so, he beat Robbie at his own game or at least evened out. And I'm a huge Lawler fan.

Yet Lawler couldn't "starch" a guy who just lost to GSP...

He actually put on a great performance against him, and came close to winning the fight.

If you don't choose Lawler over Alves or Fitch then well... I just don't know what to say.

Lol '2009 Alves'

No, no they wouldn't. Hell, Lawler would starch both.

Alves was a beast in 2009. You just gonna act like every fighter in the world maintains the same level of ability forever just to discredit Georges?

I love how you say "Hell" as though Lawler isn't the #2 guy in the world right now. Alves Vs Lawler would be a super competitive fight that could go either way, prime Fitch would likely grind a decision against him.

Back