GSP on Joe Rogan Podcast yesterday - MERGED THREADS

again, you keep resorting to claim "Anderson fans" when it is not what is happening here.

And as I said on my example. The bigger the guy, the easier to lose weight. This is fairly a logical point. You are bigger, you have more weight to lose.

it OBVIOUSLY take into account the body type.
If you are slim & Tall, you will be more bones, so there would be less to cut. IMO both Silva & Jones fall into this category.

I never heard anyone saying Silva is a small guy for his division. I actually often hear the opposite, that he is huge and even comparisons with him & Forrest (which is deemed a big LHW).

The only point I always note when GSP claim "Silva is too big" is that he just fought 2 guys who are closer to Silva than Silva is to Jon.
So the claim that Silva is too big is bogus IMO.
that is a distorted statement.

You are using a general truth and applying it to individual people and that is wrong.

Not every LHW could down to the division below easier then every MW could. Not every MW could cut down easier then every WW could to LW.

Anderson and Jones are individuals. And you must consider them specifically and not try and hide behind a general principle that applies generally.

What we know for fact is Jones has been getting much bigger since he became LHW champ. He was originally cutting from 217 and now cuts from above 225lbs and is talking about debuting at HW within a couple fights. Jones also has never fought outside LHW.

There simply is no reason to believe a 13lb extra cut for his first fight ever outside LHW would not be a potential big challenge for him. We can all recall what James Irvin looked like (near death skeleton) in his MW debut and while he cut 7 more lbs then Jones would, he is also quite a bit smaller.

When it comes to Anderson we have every reason to believe, according to his legion of fans, that he should be able to cut to WW reasonably easily. They tell us he and GSP are not that far apart size wise, Anderson is chubby and not ripped and so has more to easily cut, etc, etc.

again, disagree.

One agreed to a compromise.
The other can agree to it or disagree.

but you can't say both are at fault. One agreed fighting outside of "his" division. The other did not.

Only if you are biased you'd claim both are at fault.

if GSP agreed on a CW then both sit with Zuffa and can't come to terms about the money, then it is not their fault.

if both sides would not bulge from their respective weights, then it is both their faults.

but if one is willing to compromise and the other is not? This can't be both guy's faults.

I donno about that. Silva would fight GSP at 185 I am sure. GSP doesn't want to fight Silva because he doesn't have the striking to defeat him. He got beaten by standing up with Matt fucking Serra, Anderson would murder him.

GSP is just throwing up as many hurdles as he can to avoid the fight. First it was, he was going to put some weight on and move up to 185, then it was a catch weight, now he wants Anderson to come all the way down to 170.

Certain fighters won't leave their comfort zones. Unfortunately humans like 'winners' so GSP will always have fans because he wins (decisions, he doesn't finish anyone) and he will never be held accountable for ducking fighters.

GSP is the most protected fighter on the roster and it's pathetic.

They both would fight each other on their own terms.

They can't agree on the terms, both of them.

It's both of them their fault.

I'm sorry, but if you favor one side over the other in this, you are prejudicial.

I donno about that. Silva would fight GSP at 185 I am sure. GSP doesn't want to fight Silva because he doesn't have the striking to defeat him. He got beaten by standing up with Matt fucking Serra, Anderson would murder him.

GSP is just throwing up as many hurdles as he can to avoid the fight. First it was, he was going to put some weight on and move up to 185, then it was a catch weight, now he wants Anderson to come all the way down to 170.

Certain fighters won't leave their comfort zones. Unfortunately humans like 'winners' so GSP will always have fans because he wins (decisions, he doesn't finish anyone) and he will never be held accountable for ducking fighters.

GSP is the most protected fighter on the roster and it's pathetic.

not that I want to bump a blatant troll post but only a GSP hater would say what you say here.

Put aside fan boys and haters and any one you can read, from every sports pundit and ranking group that follows this sport says GSP has fought the toughest schedule of any champ in MMA history.

So the idea that he is also the most protected fighter is the stuff of blind haters and retards.

I'm sorry, but if you favor one side over the other in this, you are prejudicial.

There is this wrong impression that if Anderson says 'I am happy in my category and if Shogjun wants to fight me he must make weight at MW' and if SHogun was to offer CW that somehow that is SHogun trying to make the fight happen and Anderson not.

You are right to point out that is not accurate. Both would have a desire as to where they want to fight and both are looking for the other to come to that spot.

that is a distorted statement.

You are using a general truth and applying it to individual people and that is wrong.

Not every LHW could down to the division below easier then every MW could. Not every MW could cut down easier then every WW could to LW.

Anderson and Jones are individuals. And you must consider them specifically and not try and hide behind a general principle that applies generally.

What we know for fact is Jones has been getting much bigger since he became LHW champ. He was originally cutting from 217 and now cuts from above 225lbs and is talking about debuting at HW within a couple fights. Jones also has never fought outside LHW.

There simply is no reason to believe a 13lb extra cut for his first fight ever outside LHW would not be a potential big challenge for him. We can all recall what James Irvin looked like (near death skeleton) in his MW debut and while he cut 7 more lbs then Jones would, he is also quite a bit smaller.

When it comes to Anderson we have every reason to believe, according to his legion of fans, that he should be able to cut to WW reasonably easily. They tell us he and GSP are not that far apart size wise, Anderson is chubby and not ripped and so has more to easily cut, etc, etc.

Ok, I had enough of this crap.
I am walking through eggshells here trying not to offend you when you are blatantly playing retard.

I did not speak ONE THING to demean GSP. I don;t understand why every f'ing post you have to try and offend me and band me with other people who might havs said differently.
Grow the f up!
Either talk to me on what I speak, of we are done since you can't keep a conversation straight.

And stop with this retarded rethoric of 13 pounds.
That is more than we got from both GSP and Jon.
If they want to fight and have demands, let us hear them.

At least all 3 would say yes top those fights and the discussion would be around the details.

You like to give Anderson crap, but I have yet to hear GSP say he would fight.

And don't post again the crap about Silva going to his division. This is true for all 3 fighters, so there's no point claiming it.
And this is nothing like "see? he WANTS to fight Silva at 170". it is more to the fact HE CAN'T RUN AWAY if Silva go down to 170. he simply would have no excuse whatsoever and you know it.

I think I've been very open minded throughout the conversation.
I even noted that if I was GSP, I'd say NO to Zuffa & Silva and be done with it.

But from that to keep attacking Silva? GTFO. You are a blind homer if you give shit to the only guy who said YES to fighting legends!

Again, Brain, you are playing a stupid game.

if someone is willing to reach middle ground the other one no, then it is the fault of the one who's not compromising.
Plain and simple.

Twist all you want, you are blatantly wrong.

If BOTH FIGHTERS would stay put in their divisions calling out the other, then it is BOTH of their fault.
If BOTH FIGHTERS would say YES to the fight and could not agree in date/time/money, then it is NO ONE's FAULT.

But if one is willing to compromise, and the other is not, there's no way you can spin and make it both of them being at fault.

1. They both would fight each other on their own terms.

2. They can't agree on the terms, both of them.

3. It's both of them their fault.

Again, Brain, you are playing a stupid game.

if someone is willing to reach middle ground the other one no, then it is the fault of the one who's not compromising.
Plain and simple.

Twist all you want, you are blatantly wrong.

If BOTH FIGHTERS would stay put in their divisions calling out the other, then it is BOTH of their fault.
If BOTH FIGHTERS would say YES to the fight and could not agree in date/time/money, then it is NO ONE's FAULT.

But if one is willing to compromise, and the other is not, there's no way you can spin and make it both of them being at fault.

I would like you to point something that ain't true in the three distinct affirmation that I've made in the post I quoted.

I'm not sugar coating it, I'm not twisting anything. What I wrote is exactly what is happening.

You just chose to make about only about 1 fighter when it's between 2 fighters.

I would like you to point something that ain't true in the three distinct affirmation that I've made in the post I quoted.

I'm not sugar coating it, I'm not twisting anything. What I wrote is exactly what is happening.

You just chose to make about only about 1 fighter when it's between 2 fighters.

Fighter A is as point A
Fighter B is at point B

Fighter A goes Half way to point B.

if they don't meet in the middle, it's Fighter's B who didn't want to get up from his ass and move half way also.

Plain and simple.

A went all the way to the half. Why would you blame HIM for B not moving???

Fighter A is as point A
Fighter B is at point B

if they don't meet in the middle, it's Fighter's B who didn't want to get up from his ass and move half way also.

Plain and simple.

They are both trying to get the other person to move to where they want to.

100% equal.

This is completely up to the smaller fighter and if the smaller fighter does not want this fight then that is OK. I personally believe that if a bigger fighter wants to fight smaller guys then it is up to him to move down to their division and fight them.

The smaller guy is at the disadvantage and he is the one who has to decide if it is something they can overcome.

I would like to see GSP say he does not want a fight at MW or CW but as we know he will fight Silva at 170.

That would leave Silva with one option and we could move on from everything else.

Fighter A is as point A
Fighter B is at point B

Plain and simple.

Your first mistake is your premise that Silva is willing to meet at a catchweight. That is a part of the media hype train but so far hasn't been substantiated yet in any way. GSP also NEVER once said he wouldn't fight at a catchweight. What you people keep ignoring is that not one legit fight proposal has been put on the table that anyone knows about. GSP's camp has not been approached by Silva's camp one single time. Its been mostly the media driving this and the sides have yet to come together to discuss terms. So feel free to speculate wrongly that someone is "ducking" but you have no clue.

This is completely up to the smaller fighter and if the smaller fighter does not want this fight then that is OK. I personally believe that if a bigger fighter wants to fight smaller guys then it is up to him to move down to their division and fight them.

The smaller guy is at the disadvantage and he is the one who has to decide if it is something they can overcome.

I would like to see GSP say he does not want a fight at MW or CW but as we know he will fight Silva at 170.

That would leave Silva with one option and we could move on from everything else.

But you believe Anderson should fight Jones at 205?

Fighter A is as point A
Fighter B is at point B

Plain and simple.

Because in that case B would be at a disadvantage because that would allow A to be bigger come fight time. If A can't make 170 then perhaps the superfight should not happen because the size difference is too big which is pretty much the case with AS and GSP unless you're one of these AS fanboy who thinks hes under 190 come fight time.

100% equal.

Well Fighter A actually wants B to come to A, but A is willing to concede half of the distance. Fighter A is not getting what he wants.

100% equal.

Sorry brain, but that's dumb.
One fighter moved to the middle.
The other has to move also.

Claiming like fighter B made the same effort as fighter B is asinine.
You know that. it is obvious.

You are trolling.

But you believe Anderson should fight Jones at 205?

I would like to see it mainly because he has fought there and not been undersized or overpowered but he does not have to and I do understand why he would not want to fight Jones.

Your first mistake is your premise that Silva is willing to meet at a catchweight. That is a part of the media hype train but so far hasn't been substantiated yet in any way. GSP also NEVER once said he wouldn't fight at a catchweight. What you people keep ignoring is that not one legit fight proposal has been put on the table that anyone knows about. GSP's camp has not been approached by Silva's camp one single time. Its been mostly the media driving this and the sides have yet to come together to discuss terms. So feel free to speculate wrongly that someone is "ducking" but you have no clue.

A) I never said Ducking.
B) Silva already said he would fight at catchweight.
C) GSP never said no, but he never said yes. <==== THAT IS EXACTLY THE ISSUE.

If he'd say NO, it would be ok.
If he'd say YES, it would be fine.

Not saying ANYTHING is what makes people frustrated.

Feel free to spin this.

Because in that case B would be at a disadvantage because that would allow A to be bigger come fight time. If A can't make 170 then perhaps the superfight should not happen because the size difference is too big which is pretty much the case with AS and GSP unless you're one of these AS fanboy who thinks hes under 190 come fight time.

So if they fight at 170, do you think Silva will be at the same weight as GSP come fight time?

Your point is stupid.

it doesn't matter if they fight at 170 or 177 and you know that. Comes fight night, and Silva will be bigger.

Was he outsized against Griffin and Bonnar? Did size made a difference in these fights?

Was GSP outsized when he fought Condit?
because Condit is as big as Silva, and GSP didn't lose.

So please cut the crappy excuses.

Back