GSP on Demetrious Johnson Losing to Henry Cejudo

No, GSP is the more skilled fighter, not the better fighter. If Superman showed up this moment with zero MMA skills, he'll be the undisputed best fighter in the world with his strength and speed alone, via being able to beat everyone else in a fight. Skill is just one aspect of fighting, it's important, but so are strength and size and mental fortitude and stamina and fight IQ and durability and so on and so forth. The better fighter is the one who can combine ALL attributes and beat their opponent. If I'm less skilled than you, but I can beat you via being bigger and stronger, then I'm still a better fighter than you, just like if I'm less skilled than you as a sprinter, but I can out run you by being way taller with longer strides, then I'm the better sprinter.

By that rationale, every weight class under 205 is pretty much irrelevant. That is why every combat sport has weight classes.

By that rationale, every weight class under 205 is pretty much irrelevant. That is why every combat sport has weight classes.

They're extremely relevant when it comes to business and entertainment, but they're not relevant when it comes to pure fighting prowess.

It's no different from say women's tennis, which is extremely relevant when it comes to business and entertainment, even though there's not a single woman ranked in the top 300 best tennis players in the world. Justin Bieber is (was?) extremely relevant when it comes to the business of music, but he's a shit musician and vocalist. The Rock is extremely relevant when it comes to the business of the movie industry, but he's a shit actor, etc. etc.

Seeing that the world's greatest strongman Pudzian got destroyed by Tim Sylvia way past his prime, the answer is clearly no.

Still doesn't change the fact that manlets can't fight for shit regardless of how much skill and techniques they have. Size and strength are critical in fighting.
You sound very insecure.. And those who "can't fight for shit", would beat you in a fight rather easily. Calling a man, a "manlet" is corny and odd in itself. Romero, Ngannou, Overeem and Lesnar, all prove size and strength aren't everything. Martial Arts was originally started for the smaller man to win a hand to hand fight, western society over the years, added bigger men as a form of entertainment.

No, GSP is the more skilled fighter, not the better fighter. If Superman showed up this moment with zero MMA skills, he'll be the undisputed best fighter in the world with his strength and speed alone, via being able to beat everyone else in a fight. Skill is just one aspect of fighting, it's important, but so are strength and size and mental fortitude and stamina and fight IQ and durability and so on and so forth. The better fighter is the one who can combine ALL attributes and beat their opponent. If I'm less skilled than you, but I can beat you via being bigger and stronger, then I'm still a better fighter than you, just like if I'm less skilled than you as a sprinter, but I can out run you by being way taller with longer strides, then I'm the better sprinter.
Superman isn't real..

It is factual, a flyweight BJJ blue belt gets mauled by a HW BJJ blue belt 99/100 times. Gabi Garcia has shit BJJ skills but is the most dominant female BJJ player via size alone. When's the last time you saw a flyweight win the ADCC men's Absolute?
You must not be familiar with BJJ then..

You sound very insecure.. And those who "can't fight for shit", would beat you in a fight rather easily. Calling a man, a "manlet" is corny and odd in itself. Romero, Ngannou, Overeem and Lesnar, all prove size and strength aren't everything. Martial Arts was originally started for the smaller man to win a hand to hand fight, western society over the years, added bigger men as a form of entertainment.

I'm sure you're very secure in all your 5'5" glory. Is it hard for you to reach keys on a keyboard? Is that why you posted 3 times in a row?

giphy.gif

You must not be familiar with BJJ then..

Remind me when was the last time a flyweight won the ADCC absolutes?

Dezmeektreeus will be bettar dan evar

Back