'GSP not the GOAT because he was boring and never finished anyone'.

Hypocrisy could you imagine if GSP went up to middle weight and fought anyone other then Silva, GSP haters would be sayinf he is scared of Silva but Silva goes up to LHW and fight Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar and avoid fighting the LHW Champ. Don't be mad at GSP because his opponents couldn't stop his take downs that's why this is mma and not boxing. Everyone he face was suppose to be better wrestlers than him and they had the pedigree.

No he didn't. He was reversed in the next round and hit with big shots. That's not domination.

Shields stole rounds.

So you're a blind fanboy! Okay.

When your best argument is that he lost one or two rounds to a guy that eyepoked him, who he then continued to beat, you're really desperate.

wasn't condit 50-45? Or was it 49-46?

That's domination.

Also, you're a blind hater. It's been obvious for years. You've been exposed multiple times for ducking sig bets because you were salty that GSP won. Get over it.

This thread is exacty why no one agrees who the GOAT is. People don't use the same criterias.

I personally don't care about finishes. For me "winning and level competition" are far more important. I care about how fighters use their strengths to get the win. GSP is a technician, he doesn't have any knock out power. Why should I expect him to knock out guys? He uses his brain, athleticism and wrestling to win, and ultimately, winning is all that should matter.

If a basketball team wins a championship in dominant fashion, who cares if they won it with finesse or by pushing the other team around? Honestly?

It would be disappointing if the sport's GOAT was someone so wooden and unimaginative. He's work ethic was inspiring, but not how he fought.

I get his ability to find his opponents weakness deserves respect. But I would hope a GOAT would find it inside himself to fight his opponents at their own strengths

Fighting your opponent at their own strengths is stupid. Not surprised the GOAT didn't do that. He mixed it up anyway, fighting most of his opponents via strikes and grappling.

I distinctly remember turtled Diaz trying to crawl away from GSP's grappling LOL.

Hypocrisy could you imagine if GSP went up to middle weight and fought anyone other then Silva, GSP haters would be sayinf he is scared of Silva but Silva goes up to LHW and fight Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar and avoid fighting the LHW Champ. Don't be mad at GSP because his opponents couldn't stop his take downs that's why this is mma and not boxing. Everyone he face was suppose to be better wrestlers than him and they had the pedigree.
Well, Lyoto was his friend and training partner, everyone would have loved Georges to test the waters at MW but he was nervous that would inevitably lead to a Silva fight.

Award to the raging homo that almost certainly never gets laid goes out to... Redhawks100

Which surprises absolutely nobody. Good job being such a waste of fucking life.

Fuk this site is such a shithole.

Peace

GSP is great and yes he finished many top fighters. He won the belt with a head kick KO with punches.

Well, Lyoto was his friend and training partner, everyone would have loved Georges to test the waters at MW but he was nervous that would inevitably lead to a Silva fight.
I like both these fighters but at ufc 152 Jones was the champ and Silva fought Bonnar at ufc 153 and I believe the p4p rankings are retarded so there is that.

BJ Penn 2x, Matt Serra 2X, Sean Sherk, Thiago Alves(his next fight is going to be at LW)

How many MWs did GSP fight during his run?

How many LHWs did Anderson fight during his run?

You clearly didn't understand the word "championship run", so Sean Sherk is out.
You clearly didn't understand the word "WWs", so BJ Penn is out, he was a LW challenging other weight classes.

And you really think Alves was a bloated LW in 2009? Are muscles bloated now? 7 years later, during USADA, he will fight at LW.. okay.

And you forgot to include Silva's list, showing how biased you are.

At best, by stretching it, Silva still has a worst record of fighting "bloated WWs".

Are you as critical of Silva for fighting Cote, Marquardt and Maia? And if we go by your standard, Diaz, Fryklund (even fought at LW) and Okami (WW in 2015).

You have to be even more critical if you aren't a hypocrite, right?

Personally, finishing rates don't really matter when it comes to discussing fighters' achievements. When you're fighting the best, it's no easy feat to finish them.

Which is exactly why when guys fighting the best can maintain high finish rates - it's extra impressive. The kind of thing that separates the very good from the greatest.

This thread is exacty why no one agrees who the GOAT is. People don't use the same criterias.

I personally don't care about finishes. For me "winning and level competition" are far more important. I care about how fighters use their strengths to get the win. GSP is a technician, he doesn't have any knock out power. Why should I expect him to knock out guys? He uses his brain, athleticism and wrestling to win, and ultimately, winning is all that should matter.

If a basketball team wins a championship in dominant fashion, who cares if they won it with finesse or by pushing the other team around? Honestly?
Well I watch sport to be entertained.

So I absolutely care how fights are won, and that goes for other sports too.

Which is exactly why when guys fighting the best can maintain high finish rates - it's extra impressive. The kind of thing that separates the very good from the greatest.

That doesn't make sense. Almost all finishes are knock outs, so you are saying that punching power is the most important factor for greatness. Why? If a fighter doesn't have much punching power, but has other strengths that he uses to win in dominant fashion, why does it make him any less great?

Jesus christ, people are still defending gsp? he intentionally chose to not try to finish fights because he was scared of getting tko'd again and wanted to win fights on being defensive and scoring points. the shit he gets is justified. he cheated the fans out of good fights.

That doesn't make sense. Almost all finishes are knock outs, so you are saying that punching power is the most important factor for greatness. Why? If a fighter doesn't have much punching power, but has other strengths that he uses to win in dominant fashion, why does it make him any less great?
Coz it's a fight, ko'ing an opponent is the clearest definition of winning a fight.

Not all attributes are created equally.

Well I watch sport to be entertained.

So I absolutely care how fights are won, and that goes for other sports too.

What's your point? I thought we were talking about GOAT fighter not goat entertainer. Am I the one in the wrong thread or are you?

I don't think anyone will ever argue that GSP is a GOAT entertainer, so I think you must be in the wrong thread. And you are arguing for nothing, because everyone agrees that GSP is not the most entertaining fighter of all-time.

Hey all of you fanboys Fedor/GSP are tied for Number 1

Coz it's a fight, ko'ing an opponent is the clearest definition of winning a fight.

Not all attributes are created equally.

I completely disagree with your definition of a fight. MMA is about all form of fighting and not all form of fighting are about knocking out people. Is knocking out people the clearest definition of winning in wrestling? Did you watch judo during the Olympics? Almost no fighters are able to get a submission. Does it mean that these fighters are not great?

Last edited:
Well.....seeing as andy and jon are cheaters, ill have to pick gsp as goat

Back