'GSP not the GOAT because he was boring and never finished anyone'.

If he was dominating them with such ease why couldn't he get finishes?

His not finishing is the biggest negative on his resume. I never believed that ww was the deepest talent pool. It was a good division like other divisions

Gsp is definitely the best ever at his weight class and that's all you can really ask for

It's unfortunate that so many haters choose to falsely attribute the lack of finishes to GSP when most of the time it was his opponents doing everything they could to just survive, having thrown away any hope of winning, that made it so unlikely.

....but completely dominated elite level fighters with absolute ease and made them look like amateurs in the process.

GSP bless.
Completely dominated? Is that why Shields stole rounds? Why he was nearly finished by Condit? Why he was gifted a decision against Hendricks?

He's literally the ultimate point fighter. No risks. He's the safest champion in MMA history. Overrated competition that he couldn't come close to finishing.

Jones has a much better resume and actually finished fights
Except he hasn't finished a top fighter in his division since 2011. It will be 2018 before he gets his next chance. So his career is a lot like GSP's. Dominant, finished people earlier in their career and then played it safe. I'd pay it safe to if I was as great as they were. Winning is most important.

Except he hasn't finished a top fighter in his division since 2011. It will be 2018 before he gets his next chance. So his career is a lot like GSP's. Dominant, finished people earlier in their career and then played it safe. I'd pay it safe to if I was as great as they were. Winning is most important.
GSP has 1 "finish" in his title reign, which was Penn quitting in between rounds. Jones choked Rampage and Machida out and finished Sonnen. Try again, brah.

finishes aren't really what makes fights exciting to me, although sometimes they do give you the shock and awe feeling. the potential to finish makes it exciting when viewing because you don't know what will happen. excitement for me comes when you know two guys are evenly matched and are giving each other problems and are incredibly active.

Completely dominated? Is that why Shields stole rounds? Why he was nearly finished by Condit? Why he was gifted a decision against Hendricks?

He's literally the ultimate point fighter. No risks. He's the safest champion in MMA history. Overrated competition that he couldn't come close to finishing.

yeah, watching GSP and Shields in a very close striking round where GSP was scared to try takedowns because of Sheilds' scrambling ability....then with like 20 seconds left GSP shoots a takedown just to get the advantage on points in an otherwise close round. To me that was the most definitive case of point fighting I had ever seen.

yeah, watching GSP and Shields in a very close striking round where GSP was scared to try takedowns because of Sheilds' scrambling ability....then with like 20 seconds left GSP shoots a takedown just to get the advantage on points in an otherwise close round. To me that was the most definitive case of point fighting I had ever seen.
Exactly, he's the ultimate point fighter. He's learned how to play the system more than any other fighter so I mean I guess he deserves props in that aspect

Fedor and GSP.
Greatness personified.

The WW division that GSP fought was full of one dimensional fighters or blown up LWs. Something GSP fans don't want to admit.

In GSP's championship run, how many of the WWs he fought ended up as LWs?
In AS' championship run, how many of the MWs he fought ended up as WWs?

Last edited:
How many WWs GSP fought in his championship run ended up fighting as LWs?
How many MWs Silva fought in his championship run ended up fighting as WWs?
BJ Penn 2x, Matt Serra 2X, Sean Sherk, Thiago Alves(his next fight is going to be at LW)

How many MWs did GSP fight during his run?

How many LHWs did Anderson fight during his run?

Condit got a single good head kick and went back to getting thoroughly demolished.

Shields used Jon Jones game plan.

GSP 1,3,5

nwo hurry up and do that sig bet you bitched out on years ago you punkass

Condit got a single good head kick and went back to getting thoroughly demolished.

Shields used Jon Jones game plan.

GSP 1,3,5

nwo hurry up and do that sig bet you bitched out on years ago you punkass
No he didn't. He was reversed in the next round and hit with big shots. That's not domination.

Shields stole rounds.

So you're a blind fanboy! Okay.

Back