GSP nickname?

IloveTHIS

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Sometimes I hear the announcer say something like George the "gangyon" St Pierre. What is this and what does it mean? Guessing its a Canadian thing.

I believe what you're referring to is when Buffer says "La gagnant" which is French for the winner. That isn't his nickname though.

*le damn autocorrect

Lol, this is what Buffer says when announcing the winner of fights in Montreal. It's not a GSP thing, it's a French/Buffer thing.

Sometimes I hear the announcer say something like George the "gangyon" St Pierre. What is this and what does it mean? Guessing its a Canadian thing.

lol'd @ gangyon
It's just a french word "gagnant" = "winner" pronounced by Buffer with a terrible accent. :D

George "the winner" St. Pierre. Lol, awesome.

This video will answer all your questions

[YT]Woza262y51s[/YT]

DwightFistPump.gif

Awesome

It amazes me how stupid some people are on sherdog.

TS made an accurate observation about what is said in conjunction with GSP's name on a consistent basis, then made a close enough approximation of a word in a language he didn't understand that the French speakers knew what he was talking about. They then provided the knowledge he was seeking.

Where's the stupid?

TS made an accurate observation about what is said in conjunction with GSP's name on a consistent basis, then made a close enough approximation of a word in a language he didn't understand that the French speakers knew what he was talking about. They then provided the knowledge he was seeking.

Where's the stupid?

Umm idk maybe the part where buffer says that after everyone wins in Montreal and the part where GSP's nickname is "Rush"

Umm idk maybe the part where buffer says that after everyone wins in Montreal and the part where GSP's nickname is "Rush"

There's a huge difference between ignorance and stupidity. TS obviously doesn't speak French, but had the guts to ask publicly in order to rectify his ignorance. That isn't the act of a stupid person. Stop being so smug.

Back