GSP: My biggest regret is that I ain't perfect like Khabib

Khabib NEVER fought a prime Matt Hughes-level fighter when he was an up and comer

My biggest problem with Khabib being “the best ever” how many of those 27 wins were against Top 5 or Top 10 competition?

Think about that for a moment.
GSP was pushed to title contention by the UFC whereas guys like Tony and Khabib had to really work towards even getting a shot.

Besides, many of GSPs wins are overrated in hindsight. Conor, RDA, Barboza, Al are all just as tough as anyone GSP faced.

GSP got KOd by fat 5'4 lw Serra in his prime, just imagine the ridicule Khabib would receive if he got KOd by a guy like Ryan hall lol

Meh. Khabib ain't fought nowhere near the competition gsp has.

Regardless there have been great champions who have lost to lesser opponents. Aldo has lost to a guy that never made it in any big show. Conor has losses to a local sambo guy pre-UFC and Matt Hughes as well as Anderson Silva have lost to guys like Dennis Hallman and Ryo Chonan.

My point is, great fighters can lose to opponents while they are coming up. Specially in the MMA.

WW GOAT recognizes LW GOAT. Both one of a kind amazing fighters and role models. And lol at haters pretending Khabib isn special when literally every other GOAT level fighter considers Khabib a rare specimen.

Last edited:
I think GOAT across weight classes is silly, unless they fight there's really no way to know.

GSP is the opposite of BJ. BJ would fight anybody, GSP was too concerned with assuring he could win. BJ just wanted the challenge. Go by record and BJ would be a joke, but when you go deeper it's actually impressive. If only he'd prepared for the guys he should've beaten.

And what it is your basing this on? Because history shows us that he didn’t run or hide behind a pillow, instead he came back to dominate.
Basing it on
- the way he always reminds us that he avenged those losses, like a little kid who needs to have the last word, we shouldn't think that anyone has ever gotten the better of him
- hes mentioned that his ego and his pride are greater than anyone else in the sport and that drives him to compete
- his own fighting style was so risk adverse he really fought not to lose
- hes jealous of khabib undefeated record
- he arranges his own press conference, not the ufc, him personally, to announce retirement when he really wasnt an active fighter anyway.

He doesnt make it obvious like a WWE heel, but to me everything this guy does screams that he loves himself. He walked away at the prime age of 32 and now his legend has grown unfairly because he hasnt fought or risked taking that horrible L.

GSP was pushed to title contention by the UFC whereas guys like Tony and Khabib had to really work towards even getting a shot.

Besides, many of GSPs wins are overrated in hindsight. Conor, RDA, Barboza, Al are all just as tough as anyone GSP faced.

GSP got KOd by fat 5'4 lw Serra in his prime, just imagine the ridicule Khabib would receive if he got KOd by a guy like Ryan hall lol

You sound young

thread title should have been:

GSP leaves open the possibility of fighting again

If Khabib can beat Tony I'm not sure who can stop him

Maybe Max?

His resume isn't as impressive as it could be but he's well on his way to retiring a GOAT contender
a purple belt with 0 wrestling is the guy to stop khabib ? LOL. you must be a casual.

It's either Tony or Holloway imo

To beat Khabib the biggest thing you need is cardio and pressure. Nobody is going to out wrestle him at 155
halloway has literally 0.01% chance of beating khabib. like literally. a purple belt with no wrestling LOL.

If Khabib can beat Tony I'm not sure who can stop him

Maybe Max?

His resume isn't as impressive as it could be but he's well on his way to retiring a GOAT contender

I think if McGregor ragdolled max he would be in for one hell of a beating against Khabib (and yes I’m aware that was a few years back).

Especially the trilogy. Hughes earned a chance to break the tie. But GSP finished him again.

And I give all the credit to Serra. He wasn’t lucky. He punched GSP and was relentless going for the finish. But we all knew Serra beating GSP was quite an aberration from the norm.

But props to Serra, and he has become a man I respect in the game. I’ll not talk shit about Serra.
Good. Serra is enshrined as one new yorks greatest persons.

dude needs to stop with the humblebrag. His biggest regret is missing out on crushing AS.
The fact he doesn't even bring it up just shows how much he was being protected by firas/jackson

He knew he was gonna get humiliated in that fight, he played smart and ducked. He is terrified of losing and Anderson was gonna make him look like an amateur.

So why diesnt GSP fight khabob and take his perfect record sway. Then no regrets

I bet GSP is secretly waiting for Dana to change his mind about the Khabib superfight.

So is Khabib.

But he needs to fight Tony first.

Back