GSP made 9K for the first Matt Hughes Title fight

He’s worth $30M today, and only fought once since 2013. I’m pretty sure he’s doing fine. And he still has sponsorship contracts... With 1 fight in 8 years.

So, in essence, he did make enough for 15 lifetimes. If you consider the average shmo only makes about $2M in their lifetime. And he will still have money rolling in for several years.
Where are you getting his net worth from? Did he say that? Because those net worth sites aren't accurate at all...

Just because investors haven't recoupped the $ they invested yet (when the investment has crazy long term potential) isn't justification for taking a lion's share of the profits and underpaying fighters. Fertitas knew what they were doing and that the UFC would become very profitable, which is why they invested in it in the first place.
Agreed, but the profit comes from the backs of the fighters. Buy low, sell high. There's nothing else in the world other than those four words.

Steve 0 clearing that drainage from the coke or meth he must have got back on.

UFC BAD DANA BAD BALD GOOF UFC DYING GIVE ME LIKES PLEASE I ACT LIKE I KNOW ABOUT BUSINESS PINK GOOF UFC BAD!!!!!! LIKE MY POST!!!!
I don't like you for being a Conor nuthugger, but I can't deny your plea for the like on the post because that I like.

GSP had a reported payout of 160 Grand for UFC 79 for the 3rd fight with Hughes, and by the way he was talking clearly not getting a PPV Cut.

2 fights later he gets over 1 Mil for the Fitch fight.. Making 10 mil for his last fight with Bisping.. He knew his value and played all his cards right..

understanding the motivations and the forces that drive the behaviors on both sides is important to changing it. so many want to characterize as just good vs evil.
Dana has a Net Worth of 500 Mil.
In his heyday with the UFC Jon Fitch was lucky if he made about 100 Grand a fight.
Dana once cut Fitch for refusing to sign away his likeness for free..

So yeah I'd say it is pretty much Good VS Evil...

Dana has a Net Worth of 500 Mil.
In his heyday with the UFC Jon Fitch was lucky if he made about 100 Grand a fight.
Dana once cut Fitch for refusing to sign away his likeness for free..

So yeah I'd say it is pretty much Good VS Evil...
so if dana wasn't there anymore then it would change whether it's good vs evil?

so nothing to do with fitch or net worth.

do you think someone else in charge would just open up the wallet a lot wider?

Maybe,

maybe not. If they don't someone else is just a POS like Dana getting rich off these fighters..

Maybe,

maybe not. If they don't someone else is just a POS like Dana getting rich off these fighters..
and what if they're not getting rich but just doing a job someone else has entrusted them to perform?

and what if they're not getting rich but just doing a job someone else has entrusted them to perform?
Dana has a net worth of what?

Did you ever ask yourself why his net worth is hundreds of millions higher than his sports biggest stars?

Compare Dana's net worth to other sports commissioners like Roger Goodell.
Dana is worth hundreds of millions more than they are as well..
Is the UFC more popular than the NFL? Not that I am aware of..
Yet Dana rakes in more cash..

Ask yourself why?

Last edited:
GSP is giving good advice.

Don't just accept lowball offers.

Consult with an advisor first.

The UFC executives are not your childhood friends who want to give you 30% or 40% of the revenue because they care about your health, your family, or your future. They want more profit for themselves.

It boggles my mind that some Sherdoggers are on the executive side instead of the fighter side. It's like you enjoy watching gladiators get injured or killed in the arena, and then you hail the emperor at the end.
It seems as a species we're trained very well to be obedient and support the ruling class as well as their decisions. Baffling indeed. One would think being that we can't identify with them, and we can identify with being peasants, getting the short end of the stick, being the low man on the totem pole...we'd have a bit more empathy. But somehow/someway, that's not the case. As you put it, we continue to "Hail the emperor"

Listening to the Stanley Cup playoffs these days and they can't stop running those annoying GSP Bet 99 ads, so good for him, he's not gonna get broke soon.

It would be wise for fighters to listen when he mentioned how he negotiated with the UFC. The key is that GSP understood that the relationship with the UFC was always going to be combative when it came to pay, so he took a strategic approach. People have roasted the DIaz brother's for how they tried to get the UFC to play ball, but I think if you listen to what Georges is telling fighters. Georges even mentions the insanity of an 8 fight contract, but that is exactly when the UFC got Nate to sign to get his title shot against Benson Henderson.

Then instead of embracing Nate when he later become a major draw, they tried to hold him to those same numbers (I believe $60k show / $60k win). Sure, they had the legal right, but they blew an opportunity to have another major draw, as by this point Nate understood he had been screwed and wasn't going to be pimped out for peanuts.

It would be wise for fighters to listen when he mentioned how he negotiated with the UFC. The key is that GSP understood that the relationship with the UFC was always going to be combative when it came to pay, so he took a strategic approach. People have roasted the DIaz brother's for how they tried to get the UFC to play ball, but I think if you listen to what Georges is telling fighters. Georges even mentions the insanity of an 8 fight contract, but that is exactly when the UFC got Nate to sign to get his title shot against Benson Henderson.

Then instead of embracing Nate when he later become a major draw, they tried to hold him to those same numbers (I believe $60k show / $60k win). Sure, they had the legal right, but they blew an opportunity to have another major draw, as by this point Nate understood he had been screwed and wasn't going to be pimped out for peanuts.
Not sure how good GSP's advice is for your average fighter. He's at worst the 2nd greatest fighter of all time, popular in his home country, bilingual and charismatic. Those aren't things you can learn or even really control.

In other words, saying fighters should be more like GSP is like just saying git gud

His overall disclosed pay was 7 mil. Considering forbes had him making 12 mil a year leading up the the hendricks fight he was making a lot of undisclosed money.

His disclosed money for the Bisping fight is 2.5 million and he claims he made 10 million. So he made 7.5 million in undisclosed payments on PPV buys of 875,000. If that's all PPV bonus that's $8.57 per buy at the end.

According to forbes "950,000 PPV buys for UFC 158 meant a $5 million payday for Rush." or a $5.71 bonus per ppv buy.

I guess the bonuses just kept creeping up over time as he became a bigger star. He ended up a long way from a 9k title fight.

You would think with the bazillion MMA gyms out there run by former fighters that they could gather the collective brain cells remaining and start their own promotion and compensate the fighters fairly, if that's what they want.
And the gyms have all the talent; the UFC is just a venue to display it. There's nothing stopping them.
Hard to sympathize.

Back