Gsp LW title shot...

If his goal is to win a belt in a third weight class , do you think GSP should’ve tried lhw instead of lw?
Yes. He should channel his inner Saku instead of his inner Darren Till.

Intredasting that you wouldn't understand why he does.

iu

Beating up smaller guys is not how a real fighter builds a true legacy. He can look for money fights all he wants but Tyron sees what he's doing.

giphy.gif

Georges will fight McGregor next then go back to beat Woodley at 170, leaving his glove in the actagon in an emotional speech (hopefully will bring his karate gi) and officially retire as the undisputed GOAT.

Yes. He should channel his inner Saku instead of his inner Darren Till.
Lol. Till claims to be fighting two weight classes below what he should be at. Gsp a career ww, would be moving down one weight class, but you think lhw makes more sense? The two aren’t comparable. I would watch him at lhw though. Maybe he should just fight at hw after that.

Why do people thing it would be such a crazy cut for GSP? He's slimmed down a bit lately, I'd be willing to bet that his walk around weight is about the same or less than Khabib/Lee/Tony/Alvarez/many other large LW's. A disciplined professional like him could make 155 easily.

Whether it happens or not remains to be seen. But it's baffling to me how people are questioning his ability to make 155.

I'm not behind it TBH

Doubt he makes weight and I think Conor would KO him if managed to make the weight.

Conor would KO him, something pre USADA Hendricks did not manage to do.
I dont see it.

Lol. Till claims to be fighting two weight classes below what he should be at. Gsp a career ww, would be moving down one weight class, but you think lhw makes more sense? The two aren’t comparable. I would watch him at lhw though. Maybe he should just fight at hw after that.

He should. Look at BJ Penn. A FW/LW who was a two-division champion at LW/WW and took fights all the way up to HW. I'd love to see GSP challenge himself and try to do that.

He should. Look at BJ Penn. A FW/LW who was a two-division champion at LW/WW and took fights all the way up to HW. I'd love to see GSP challenge himself and try to do that.

GSP would only go to LHW if Michael Bisping became LHW champ

but Anderson at MW just too much

The thing is the LW idea is not new.
But GSP and Firaz talked about it while GSP was the reigning WW champ back in the day.

At HW I think we need Brock vs GSP. Maybe in a tag team with DJ.

Sure but Machida was never an impressive or big HW.
Secondly... If BJ Penn had stayed at LW his whole life he would have been seen as one of the undisputed GOATS.
Now a lot of people talk about what could have been. And a lot of time BJ fans need to defend his record.
Secondly, BJ Penn also moved down in weight... Just like GSP wants to do.

But you don’t seem to like the idea of people moving down. So bj should’ve stayed at hw after the machida fight in your opinion? I would like to see Gsp move up, but if he can make weight at lw, then what’s the problem? He could still move up after.

Secondly... If BJ Penn had stayed at LW his whole life he would have been seen as one of the undisputed GOATS.
Now a lot of people talk about what could have been. And a lot of time BJ fans need to defend his record.

hi GSP apologist why did GSP flake on his contract when faced with young murderer BObby KNuckles?

thanks for your compelling answer in advanced

BJ moved down because he was at the end of his career and shrinking into a prune (God bless him). GSP has clearly proven he is still near the top of his game by winning the MW title. There's no reason for him to be moving down in weight.

As for BJ, he is one of the undisputed GOATs for doing those things. Much more impressive than just staying at one weight class imho.

The thing is the LW idea is not new.
But GSP and Firaz talked about it while GSP was the reigning WW champ back in the day.

At HW I think we need Brock vs GSP. Maybe in a tag team with DJ.
Brock and dj vs GSP at hw? Sounds legit fair. I’m pretty sure some would then just cry that Gsp didn’t fight fedor and Cain in their primes after that. Lol

But you don’t seem to like the idea of people moving down. So bj should’ve stayed at hw after the machida fight in your opinion? I would like to see Gsp move up, but if he can make weight at lw, then what’s the problem? He could still move up after.

Oh now you're just being a silly goose.

BJ moved down because he was at the end of his career and shrinking into a prune (God bless him). GSP has clearly proven he is still near the top of his game by winning the MW title. There's no reason for him to be moving down in weight.

As for BJ, he is one of the undisputed GOATs for doing those things. Much more impressive than just staying at one weight class imho.

I wish your where right. But check out BJ threads...
Lots of people question his record, also a lot of fans wished he stayed at one weight class.

Well GSP has been in 2 weigh classes and plans on a 3:e
He moved up and down.

No reason to move down?
Potential winning the title against either the biggest media star ever in MMA or the (according to posters) best LW grappler ever with a perfect record?
Being a 3 division champ?
I think thats reason enough.

I'm a GSP Fan... but there's WAY to many killers at LW to play around & do legacy fights! The money brought would be huge... but let's say he does win the LW Title... but then bounces again without a defense! It would devalue his legacy for true fight fans... even though the notion would look nice on Wikipedia! For me his best move if he's not done is to try to get back the WW Title. Would he win against a WW Champ in 2019... don't think so... but even with another loss he'd be at only 3 losses!

Back