GSP Looking for easy routes to championships?

GSP deserve to choose whoever he want to fight. But I also would point out that he should give Hendricks a rematch before retire with a belt that was not his anymore.

Does anyone know how big GSP is right now? He might feel he's big enough to compete with the smaller MWs now.

So Anderson ducked Jones right?
anderson wanted no part of that and for good reason, he was old and near the end of his streak, in fact he was only 1 fight away from that fight, and he lost it to wideman.

I can't help but feel GSP is looking for the easiest way to become a champ again. He wasn't gunning for Rockhold, or Weidman but the second Bisping got the belt he's all game to go for MW. He didn't utter a word about Lawler, but as soon as a questionable Woodley gets the belt he's totally game to come back. Of course it doesn't help that Woodley would rather take "money" fights now.

Most will say he deserves to be able to pick and choose his fights based on his resume but this seems to me like the highest form of ducking. Nobody will ever call out a retired fighter for ducking fights, but that's exactly what it seems like he's doing. Seems like he's just looking for an easy route to a belt and not acknowledging an entire division of fighters that can prove to be much more than just a tune up fight for him.

What do you guys think?

I think he is doing what ANYONE would do in his position.

1) GSP deserves to fight for the belt whenever he comes back.
Is this my own wish? no. I would like him to get a top 3 first, as a way to prove he is still at the top of his game.

2) the Myth he is ducking is an asinine statement.
Yes, he might be picking the best favourable fight.
But you have to keep in mind one thing: Once he wins, he can't duck ANYONE.

So at the end of the day, he is picking a favourable match to get back into the game and get to the top ASAP.
Anyone who thinks he should get the worse matchup as his first fight is flat out either too dumb, or too much of a hater to understand there is NOTHING wrong with it.

Her is just maximizing his potential.

GSP deserve to choose whoever he want to fight. But I also would point out that he should give Hendricks a rematch before retire with a belt that was not his anymore.

Oh look at that <6>

if you actually watched the vid, AS WANTED to drop down to 170 to fight gsp. Dana said he didnt deserve it, and it was due to his tactics in the Maia fight..... but did he deserve it? hell yes, but dana was just protecting GSP.

If he was looking for that he would've challenged that last lucky champ who lost to Carlos condit and is 1-1 against Fat Johhny barely eeking out a win. Woodley didn't lose to Condit and destroyed Robbie.

He's scared so instead of calling out the older fighter who should be ona 2 fight losing streak he calls out the young athletic champ who just KTFO the guy you think is so scary for decisioning Matt Brown.
woodley is older than lawler...

Anderson was willing to fight at a catch weight below 185 - GSP still said no.

and weight class? Is that why GSP wants to fight Bisping at middleweight?

LoL. He's scared shitless of Anderson.

GSP would wreck Anderson at 170 at any point in their careers.

Anyone that seriously thinks he retired to wait out Robbie is an honest to God moron. If you find yourself typing that on the board, stop and think hard about before posting it and decide if you are just being a hater, or if you are really that god damn stupid

I don't think any fighter wants to take a longer road to the title than necessary.

Match up? Maybe but trying to line up a fight with a dude that just KTFO'd out the champion is less then anything of easy.

I think that on paper Lawler is an easier opponent for GSP than Woodley.

GSP vs. Conor was probably the original comeback fight planned but Nate derailed that. Then GSP wanted Bisping but the UFC saw more $$ in the Hendo match. He was probably going to get matched up with the winner of the Lawler / Woodley match and it ended up to be Woodley. Did Lawler ever call out GSP? If Lawler did, GSP would have probably accepted.
That would have been a laughable fight. GSP would have just put on a wrestling clinic and won another one of his famous 5 round point fights.

GSP is not ducking anybody. Woodley is a heavy hitting powerful wrestler. Do you think that's a good match up for GSP?
Remember the last time he fought someone with similar attributes?

This GSP looking for an easy win stuff in nonsensical IMO.

You know you're a good fighter when fighting Connor, Tyrone Woodley or Michael Bisping is considered ducking.

GSP can do whatever he wants. He's earned it.

GSP retired with the belt, and that gives him the right to fight whoever he wants.

Old people think they deserve short cut because they are old and people....

<15>

If there's one dude in the UFC that deserves a gimmie title fight, it's GSP (and god know's there's been a lot of gimmies lately). He didn't even get beat for the belt (or lost it for running into a pregnent woman). If he loses, we know what's up. If he wins, he's back where he was, as the man to beat with a target on his back.

Back