GSP Looking for easy routes to championships?

Don't recall Jon ever calling out Anderson so it wouldn't be possible for him to duck Jon.
GSP never called out Anderson, it was Anderson who initiated the call out to the smaller GSP when he could have called out the bigger Jones instead. I guess he wasn't interested

In other news GSP has won 10 title fights in his career in aguably the deepest weight class ever.

yeah, that's how that works... Styles don't make fights, and Rockhold and Lawler are not more dangerous fights for GSP, the guys who beat them are. This is delusional trash.
I think Woodley is tougher challenge for GSP anyway.

What's with all of the GSP vitriol? GSP has never ducked anyone.
Ducks-GIFS.gif

Who cares if he is. He hasnt fought in a long time,he is being smart. Why does everyone have to pick the hardest available fight every time? He's allready done plenty of that. Give the guy a break.

Can't duck someone in another weight class.

I'm sorry, I don't want to intrude on this "hater party", but there's already a couple of these on this forum, you could have just joined one of them.
cOxros.gif

When Nunes won the belt I was kinda waiting for GSP to say he was interested in fighting her.

Tate may have been worthy to raise the Canadian flag but I doubt he would look twice at Nunes.

I think it's amusing ppl think he's coming back instead of keeping relevant for sponsors.

Been hearing it for 2 years now. Plus homie is living good life worth 30m+ and 3 years off. I don't think he's ever coming back. Unless it was for ez money against Conor. Thats why he was in crowd that day BTW.

Who cares if he is. He hasnt fought in a long time,he is being smart. Why does everyone have to pick the hardest available fight every time? He's allready done plenty of that. Give the guy a break.

I can't think of one single negative thing to say about GSP the person and champion. As a fighter he was a dominant champ who beat the best. Never ran, and never talked much shit. His style was a little safe, but still dominant.

I can't help but feel GSP is looking for the easiest way to become a champ again. He wasn't gunning for Rockhold, or Weidman but the second Bisping got the belt he's all game to go for MW. He didn't utter a word about Lawler, but as soon as a questionable Woodley gets the belt he's totally game to come back. Of course it doesn't help that Woodley would rather take "money" fights now.

Most will say he deserves to be able to pick and choose his fights based on his resume but this seems to me like the highest form of ducking. Nobody will ever call out a retired fighter for ducking fights, but that's exactly what it seems like he's doing. Seems like he's just looking for an easy route to a belt and not acknowledging an entire division of fighters that can prove to be much more than just a tune up fight for him.

What do you guys think?

And why would he take the more difficult one? Doesn't make sense to me...

I think it would make much more sense to find the hardest path to the belt.

You mean like beating prior WW GOAT Matt Hughes ? Then fighting all comers.

Some of the thought processes in here amaze the absolute shit out of me.

I can't think of one single negative thing to say about GSP the person and champion. As a fighter he was a dominant champ who beat the best. Never ran, and never talked much shit. His style was a little safe, but still dominant.

He did exactly what he had to do to stay the champ. It was no secret what he did and no one could stop him. He has my utmost respect.

I'm kinda torned. I was a big GSP fan, but now I think it's Wonderboy's time.

I can't help but feel GSP is looking for the easiest way to become a champ again. He wasn't gunning for Rockhold, or Weidman but the second Bisping got the belt he's all game to go for MW. He didn't utter a word about Lawler, but as soon as a questionable Woodley gets the belt he's totally game to come back. Of course it doesn't help that Woodley would rather take "money" fights now.

Most will say he deserves to be able to pick and choose his fights based on his resume but this seems to me like the highest form of ducking. Nobody will ever call out a retired fighter for ducking fights, but that's exactly what it seems like he's doing. Seems like he's just looking for an easy route to a belt and not acknowledging an entire division of fighters that can prove to be much more than just a tune up fight for him.

What do you guys think?
In terms of 185, I think he saw a champion in Bisping that he has a good chance at beating. I think he knows that guys like Luke, Jacare, Weidman, etc. are too big for him. But Bisping, while bigger than GSP, is beatable. That's not ducking. It's just being smart in terms of what larger men you're willing to fight. There's a huge size discrepancy between GSP and someone like Luke.

In terms of 170, there's no reason to believe that he ducked Lawler. Lawler had a fight scheduled already. Once the fight took place, GSP started talking about fighting the winner. People act as if Lawler has been some monster tearing through the division, when in reality, he has shown to be very beatable (many people thought he lost both the Condit and Hendricks 2 fights).

Nerds on this site like to throw this "duck" word around. These are people who willingly lock themselves in cages to do combat with the most skilled fighters on the planet. It's very rare that any fighter ducks another fighter. Calling these guys cowards and ducks is just psychological projection.

People act like this is something new with GSP. The reason he got to where he got in his career is because he was strategic like this from the start. Remember when he fought Penn, Sherk, Serra? All LWs he could bully with his dramatic weight cut?

Anderson was willing to fight at a catch weight below 185 - GSP still said no.

and weight class? Is that why GSP wants to fight Bisping at middleweight?

LoL. He's scared shitless of Anderson.

Oh look at that <6>

Ts is a moron, how is challenging Woodley an east route to championship. Did Woodley not knock out Lawler in the first? Or was I watching something else. If anything Woodley is even a bigger challenge to gap than robbie would be. Woodley is a massive WW with great speed, striking, and wrestling

defended his belt multiple times & went on hiatus while on top. i was never a gsp fan but i think "easy way" to a championship accusations stands on shaky ground..

Back